2018 roster management | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2018 roster management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having time to read all 7 pages I will just say that if the coaches are not looking for another player for next year then they are not doing their job. That is not to say they have to sign another player if they can't find the right fit. But to not be looking is irresponsible. Even for a hall of fame coach.
Like most of you I enjoyed the hell out of this year's run. But I would much rather make a run thinking we have a real chance to advance past the Sweet 16.
It may be very unlikely they find someone that can actually contribute next year but they need to look. Who knows they might find someone for 2019 while they are at it. After all...it is their freaking job!
Lastly, until proven otherwise there are only 4 players I am positive will be back next year...Chukwu, Sidibe, Howard and Hughes. Theŕe are scenarios, however unlikely, that Brisset, Dolezaj and Washington leave in addition to Battle.

Not having time to read all 7 pages I will just say that if the coaches are not looking for another player for next year then they are not doing their job. That is not to say they have to sign another player if they can't find the right fit. But to not be looking is irresponsible. Even for a hall of fame coach.
Like most of you I enjoyed the hell out of this year's run. But I would much rather make a run thinking we have a real chance to advance past the Sweet 16.
It may be very unlikely they find someone that can actually contribute next year but they need to look. Who knows they might find someone for 2019 while they are at it. After all...it is their freaking job!
Lastly, until proven otherwise there are only 4 players I am positive will be back next year...Chukwu, Sidibe, Howard and Hughes. Theŕe are scenarios, however unlikely, that Brisset, Dolezaj and Washington leave in addition to Battle.
Where is Washington going?

Where is Washington going?
I did say "no matter how unlikely!" But since you asked...Battle leaves...OB decides he might as well go too...Washington may have come to a realization that he may never play/start here and now his buddy OB is gone he might as well go somewhere with more likely playing time available and sitting out a year gives him time to get completely healthy. Whew that was a mouthful but I am not the first to suggest this...again, no matter how unlikely.

I did say "no matter how unlikely!" But since you asked...Battle leaves...OB decides he might as well go too...Washington may have come to a realization that he may never play/start here and now his buddy OB is gone he might as well go somewhere with more likely playing time available and sitting out a year gives him time to get completely healthy. Whew that was a mouthful but I am not the first to suggest this...again, no matter how unlikely.
lol I just think that realization will come next year

Washington will leave for Goodine who will end up being here one year lol.

How recent is the “not looking for anyone else” news? If it’s pre-Bazely recommit then it may well be no longer operative.

Im reserving judgment for a later time, but see value from what both sides are saying. On the note of reserving judgment, I think I nailed it with my line about mocking Mike Waters' article worshiping next years' team(before either departure), before the corpse of this season had even cooled. My post was post-Moyer/pre-Bazley, and quite prophetic...not hindsight. For all the ridicule I get on here, I dont mind patting myself on the back now and again.

I really just wanted to post something before the thread gets banned/locked like the Moyer thread. ;)

Last edited:

I actually think that's plausible. With his injury, sitting out one year is not such a terrible thing.

JB, like a lot of famous people, is a good smiler when a camera's pointed toward him. It doesn't mean he's happy.
You a mind reader?

JB, like a lot of famous people, is a good smiler when a camera's pointed toward him. It doesn't mean he's happy.

He realizes he was making that poor sad sack's month by smiling for 10 seconds in a photo and was kind enough to do it for him, regardless which of the theories on here about his feelings are closest to correct. ;) As you noted, politicians and other sociopaths are quite adept at this, not that JB can have self control long enough to reach those heights. Then again, the bar has been so low for decades that he probably could.

He realizes he was making that poor sad sack's month by smiling for 10 seconds in a photo and was kind enough to do it for him, regardless which of the theories on here about his feelings are closest to correct. ;) As you noted, politicians and other sociopaths are quite adept at this, not that JB can have self control long enough to reach those heights. Then again, the bar has been so low for decades that he probably could.
Another mind reader. You guys have talent far beyond just posting on a internet message board. The FBI and CIA desperately need you.

You a mind reader?

I've seen the smile totally disappear a second later. It's a practiced smile, a mask he puts on for every picture.

Of course it's possible this guy was an injured friend, (note that Julie is smiling in the picture, too) and his feelings here are genuine - about the friend, not about Bazley.

I'm not criticizing him. I'm just saying the way he looks in that picture tells us nothing about his mood at the time or what his feelings are about Bazley.

Once again, another country speaking without knowing all the facts. I think JAB might be a little appreciative what the person in that photo has done for college sports and Syracuse University. Maybe you should be appreciative also if you have ever watched any college or high school game online.
Texas company to acquire Syracuse's Sidearm Sports
SIDEARM Sports

Once again, another country speaking without knowing all the facts. I think JAB might be a little appreciative what the person in that photo has done for college sports and Syracuse University. Maybe you should be appreciative also if you have ever watched any college or high school game online.
SIDEARM Sports

I was just speaking in general, as was SWC75. You're correct any interaction could be an anomaly, someone he actually knows somewhat closely, we get that.

What we still dont get was what JB's smile has to do with Dasher's comments about JB's emotions re:Bazley? Maybe some funny guy can help us understand that instead of busting our (basket)balls? Dasher, you call us mind readers, yet you sarcastically profess to know JB's emotions about Bazley based on his smile thanking some guy who has extracted a lot of money from the pockets of us commoners and put them into the deep troves of the university(as well as his own, maybe he should be grateful to US?). I guess they have something in common.

Either way, I hope the guy's arm heals more quickly than the team and the fanbase who has invested a lot of emotion in them without any sort of financial return, definitely not the kind that would qualify us for those kind of photo ops at the F4. (Tony)Clifton, if that guy was you, I didnt mean to rile you. Happy Easter.

Last edited:
I was just speaking in general, as was SWC75. You're correct any interaction could be an anomaly, someone he actually knows somewhat closely, we get that.

What we still dont get was what JB's smile has to do with Dasher's comments about JB's emotions re:Bazley? Maybe some funny guy can help us understand that instead of busting our (basket)balls? Dasher, you call us mind readers, yet you sarcastically profess to know JB's emotions about Bazley based on his smile thanking some guy who has extracted a lot of money from the pockets of us commoners and put them into the deep troves of the university(as well as his own, maybe he should be grateful to US?). I guess they have something in common.

Either way, I hope the guy's arm heals more quickly than the team and the fanbase who has invested a lot of emotion in them without any sort of financial return, definitely not the kind that would qualify us for those kind of photo ops at the F4. (Tony)Clifton, if that guy was you, I didnt mean to rile you. Happy Easter.
Could it possible be that I was joking???? I will leave it to you mind readers to figure it out.

What we still dont get was what JB's smile has to do with Dasher's comments about JB's emotions re:Bazley? Maybe some funny guy can help us understand that instead of busting our (basket)balls? Dasher, you call us mind readers, yet you sarcastically profess to know JB's emotions about Bazley based on his smile thanking some guy who has extracted a lot of money from the pockets of us commoners and put them into the deep troves of the university. I guess they have something in common.

Either way, I hope the guy's arm heals more quickly than the team and the fanbase who has invested a lot of emotion in them without any sort of financial return. (Tony)Clifton, if that guy was you, I didnt mean to rile you. Happy Easter.
No, I'm not so lucky to have great seats at the Final Four. JAB is an interesting individual. You do have the crusty old soul who has won over 1000 games, a national championship and induction into the HOF. You also have the benefactor who has raised millions of dollars for cancer and other causes and has personally helped many people (including former players) during troubling times in their lives.

He is almost cut from the same cloth as George Steinbrenner, although I think George's pendulum swung much, much greater. The thing with people like JAB and Steinbrenner is that you know what you are getting up front. There doesn't appear to have any perceived secrets. Moyer knew this, Bazley knew this. Everyone else who plays or played for Syracuse knew this and for sure, the Syracuse fans know this.

Could it possible be that I was joking???? I will leave it to you mind readers to figure it out.

Youre replies to us just did not seem like jokes, to me. No mind reading was necessary(or was it? Maybe you have something up your sleeve? ;) ). I cant speak for SWC, but I didnt reply to your initial possible joke, just your reply to my reply to his reply to said joke.

You’re saying they can’t find 30 minutes for porter given our lack of forward depth?
Brissett is going to play 35 minutes a game. So are you going to limit Marek to 15 minutes??

Youre replies to us just did not seem like jokes, to me. No mind reading was necessary(or was it? Maybe you have something up your sleeve? ;) ). I cant speak for SWC, but I didnt reply to your initial possible joke, just your reply to my reply to his reply to said joke.
My replies were not meant as jokes. My original response was.

My replies were not meant as jokes. My original response was.

Then thanks! I really appreciate you acknowledging my talent for a change, and thinking I could work for the government. (although I doubt any amount of money could get me to work for one of those disgusting, yet highly paid agencies, you recommended me for sincerely. Not even a photo op with JB could get me to work for Satan. Maybe if you threw in one with Bernie as well, to bring back the memories of the "we are elite" threads).

SIDEARM Sports

I believe Jeff is also the reason for the football statues in front of the practice facility.

Then thanks! I really appreciate you acknowledging my talent for a change, and thinking I could work for the government. (although I doubt any amount of money could get me to work for one of those disgusting, yet highly paid agencies, you recommended me for sincerely. Not even a photo op with JB could get me to work for Satan. Maybe if you threw in one with Bernie as well, to bring back the memories of the "we are elite" threads).

I can assure you that they are not highly paid. At least for 99% of those employed. Still a government job.

I can assure you that they are not highly paid. At least for 99% of those employed. Still a government job.

Ha, I guess I could have more objectively qualified it as the CIA ops that Dasher said I and SWC75 could be are more highly paid than 9/10ths of the humans in the world. I guess maybe I needed to be reminded that among some of the high rollers on here, CIA ops dont make that much. Thanks for helping me to remember my audience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors