2021 National Signing Day Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2021 National Signing Day Thread

12th ranked class in the ACC. Under Babers we've ranked 10th, 11th, or 12th.

Yeah, it was soooo much better under FHCSMFS. :rolleyes:

You might just have to get used to the fact that Syracuse is just not that great a football program.

(except for two separate 15-ish year periods during the past 75 years - and that blip in 2018.)

You might just have to get used to the fact that Syracuse is just not that great a football program.

(except for two separate 15-ish year periods during the past 75 years - and that blip in 2018.)
More like 15 and 20 year periods, and you forgot the blip in 2001 and the one in 2010 and the one in 2012.

So basically, we have been good half the time in the past 75 years.

I don't understand why some Syracuse fans take pains to make the program sound worse than it actually is.

If this is considered Babers best or one of his best classes and it still ranks at the bottom of the ACC my questions are the following:

Is the ACC as a whole improving recruiting thus Syracuse improving in talent but not in rank?
Are recruits being evaluated differently which is increasing ratings but the talent level isn't really that different?

If this is considered Babers best or one of his best classes and it still ranks at the bottom of the ACC my questions are the following:

Is the ACC as a whole improving recruiting thus Syracuse improving in talent but not in rank?
Are recruits being evaluated differently which is increasing ratings but the talent level isn't really that different?

I think the ACC is improving in talent overall, I really think with good investments though SU can jump up a few spots to the middle of the pack

I’m really hoping for a home run hire at OL coach. After all these years I am having a hard time getting excited for 2021. It’s a long way off but still feel it will be a hard season.
I think D will be strong and make improvements over last year. I just am not sure O will be able to make the improvements necessary. We brought in some players with potential but none seem ready for immediate playing time except shrader or chestnut. OL will continue to determine the entire season and not sure we have added immediate upgrades at this point. Staff still has time to add 1 or 2 OL. Yes that would be a lot of OL on the roster but how often they get injured or not reach their potential the team needs as many bodies as possible.
Spring ball will be interesting to see how the players are used and the new coaches impact.

whats the national rank?

are we beating the rest of the bottom of the P5?

Did Syracuse announce Simmons with a graphic? Haven't seen it.

Wash, rinse, repeat:

Same schools and within a couple of years 1/4 to 1/3 will be in the transfer portal. We as su fans will get all excited and than they will commit to another blue blood program.

More like 15 and 20 year periods, and you forgot the blip in 2001 and the one in 2010 and the one in 2012.

So basically, we have been good half the time in the past 75 years.

I don't understand why some Syracuse fans take pains to make the program sound worse than it actually is.
Amen

I think the ratings services skew toward star talent. We’ve had stars before who have never matriculated. It wasn’t that long ago that that was our M.O. - take a chance on a star power kid who is never going to play. We’ve seen in the last few classes that good solid recruits - particularly on D - can be average ratings kind of guys who excelled. Look at the DBs. I think this is a whole class of those guys. No long shots. No flyers. No guys who will likely end up
on the ineligible heap. Just players. Regardless of rankings, we haven’t been able to lock up a class as complete in recent years.

whats the national rank?

are we beating the rest of the bottom of the P5?
We are 57th nationally. Which is fine after the year we had. Not many reaches like the previous coach.
If we get a couple more 4 star recruits with this year’s quality it would be in the top 40.
We need the OL recruits to develop and next year’s class needs some speed for offense.

We are 57th nationally. Which is fine after the year we had. Not many reaches like the previous coach.
If we get a couple more 4 star recruits with this year’s quality it would be in the top 40.
We need the OL recruits to develop and next year’s class needs some speed for offense.
yup. plus most recruits that aren't 5 stars or the top 4 stars are all crap shoots. the data backs it out.

I think last year's class was far and away the best class in Baber's tenure and it blows away this years class.

That said, if we had 5,000 paying subscribers over at rivals our class would assuredly be rated higher. We have a handful of kids rated substantially lower than peer kids at the same positions; kids with the same measurables and lesser offers.

If you drill into it we filled a lot of needs and most of our kids have P5 offers with a handful of high majors.

If you count the class of 16 as a shafer class he was 11,12 13 not in that order. So it’s not like there is a uptick in recruiting relative to the ACC rankings with babers

I am heading to North myrtle 4 weeks from today for a golf trip, if I see young Mr. Simmons I will be sure to tell him he chose well...Although that I may not be the best Syracuse fan representation if this trip is anything like they normally go.

It's a bit of both. ACC has firmly stepped up it's profile in the past decade.

For those interested in stars, this year's class is .8444 avg over last year's .8399. Additionally our new JUCO Bradford has no stars and NA towards the ranking and our 4 star .9106 rated QB transfer doesn't count towards this average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom