2021 NFL Thread | Page 183 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

That was an entire weekend of bad football and historic defeats. There just aren’t 14 good teams in the league. Expanded playoffs - a flop in terms of quality.

NFL gets their extra MNF game though! Maybe tonight’s game will actually be good.

I mean….there’s no “Rutgers” in the NFC East.

The Eagles were like a Virginia Tech with the empty trophy case, but they finally won one so they’re even above that now.

Washington/Dallas are like Notre Dame/Nebraska.

And the Giants….I mean is there a college FB program that has won one in 4 straight decades? If there is, they can be us.

But there’s no Rutgers.
The Giants have had a 5 year Rutgers like run.

The Giants have had a 5 year Rutgers like run.
10, even. But the comparison is still invalid. Rutgers is a permanent, perennial all time loser. The Giants are one of the league’s top franchises historically, that has fallen on hard times.

Waaaaaaay too much attention being paid to the last play of the cowboys game . Sure they messed it up .. sure the ref was late getting there . But even if everything is run to perfection and they get one shot from the 25.. what do we think the odds are of a score ? 5% ?

The cowboys actually getting a break by people focusing on this play instead of their game long ineptitude
Probably shouldn't hinge your season on a 58yr old's 40 time.
Dak is a loser.

That was an entire weekend of bad football and historic defeats. There just aren’t 14 good teams in the league. Expanded playoffs - a flop in terms of quality.

NFL gets their extra MNF game though! Maybe tonight’s game will actually be good.
Honestly they got a bit unlucky that the 7seeds were trash. Just happened to be worse than the 6 & 8 this year.

The reason the expansion sucks is it waters down the reg. season like every sport. Not enough difference between 2 & 4. Takes away from Week 17/18 drama just as much as it adds. Pittsburgh-Cleveland last year for example, could've been an awesome game with high stakes for both teams but the Steelers didn't care thanks to the new format and rested everyone.

1642431056697.jpeg

so the players them selves got there with a couple secs to spare and they wonder how a ref can barely get there.. do they forget the refs just cant chase the play. he actually has to watch for penalties too.. refs dont go sprinting down the field accept for the back end guys when a long play happens.

so the players them selves got there with a couple secs to spare and they wonder how a ref can barely get there.. do they forget the refs just cant chase the play. he actually has to watch for penalties too.. refs dont go sprinting down the field accept for the back end guys when a long play happens.
Honestly the ref got there with plenty of time. The players just didn't let him get to the ball. If they had given him the ball in the first place and been ready for him to set it down, they probably would have had 1 or 2 seconds left after the spike. Instead they didn't even snap the ball until the clock had already hit 0 (I know the NFL's stance is that Dallas technically got the snap off, but if the time on the TV is correct, they didn't).

It's gotta be so frustrating to be an assistant coach hoping to get a HC offer and see what McCarthy did yesterday

Nothing unites Giants and Eagle fans quite like the Cowboys losing.
I get that but the Eagles just got their doors blown off in a playoff game and the Giants are like 22 and 59 in the past 5 year. The Cowboys are still light years ahead of both.

Waaaaaaay too much attention being paid to the last play of the cowboys game . Sure they messed it up .. sure the ref was late getting there . But even if everything is run to perfection and they get one shot from the 25.. what do we think the odds are of a score ? 5% ?

The cowboys actually getting a break by people focusing on this play instead of their game long ineptitude

40 million dollar man had 2+ minutes, 3 time outs and could not get it done. Any talk of the last play is just cover for the fact Dak couldn't get it done.

I get that but the Eagles just got their doors blown off in a playoff game and the Giants are like 22 and 59 in the past 5 year. The Cowboys are still light years ahead of both.
The eagles and Giants are both both better positioned. They don't have a yearly 40 million dollar anchor that's going to sink them.

The eagles and Giants are both both better positioned. They don't have a yearly 40 million dollar anchor that's going to sink them.
The Giants are at rock bottom and they have huge cap issues. The Eagles aren't winning with Jalen hurts.

Dude has a ton of heart. Not his fault his body isn't what it was and the Cowboys continue to misuse him.
He's been mentally checked out for a few years. Yeah he cares, but at the same time he doesn't. If he did he'd be way more vocal about how things are playing out. Boys should trade Dak and Zeke for as much as possible and ride with Pollard.

Hell trade Dak for Deshaun Watson and picks.

Zeke should go to the Patriots. Belichek would get the most out of him.

The Giants are screwed with horrible players and horrible salary situations. They are at least three years of strong moves away from being competitive again, though lucky for them they are in a dumpster division where every team has issues.

Philly has a lot of okay players but not enough good players to get them over the top. They are kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place with the players they have and the team they built. Perennial 9-8, 10-7 as currently constructed.

The Redskins are a lot like Philly.

If anyone of these teams could get competent front office work and competent coaching, they'd run the division for the next decade.

Hello? Igs and Jints have both win Super Bowls pretty recently.

Dallas? 25-plus years and counting for America's Team. Since I never expected to enjoy an Iggles' Super Bowl win in my lifetime, I'm content.

The Zeke contract is farrr worse. I read this morning even if you cut him there’s 18 million in dead money on the books.
Both contracts are bad. Never made sense to sign Elliott, or any RB, to that multi-year deal, considering all the tread that had worn off those tires.

Watching Prescott, I'm getting Carson Wentz vibes. Holding on to the ball too long, looking like he expects to get hit.

What's that? About $65 mill in cap space for the two of them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom