2022 MLB Season | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2022 MLB Season

Bummer that the Field of Dreams game is between two of the worst teams in the league. Last year’s Yankees-White Sox game was one of the most memorable regular season games I’ve watched.
I know they want to get the Chicago teams in there but the Reds are a strange choice. Cardinals would have made more sense. Add in being Pujols last season and it seems like a no brainer.

I know they want to get the Chicago teams in there but the Reds are a strange choice. Cardinals would have made more sense. Add in being Pujols last season and it seems like a no brainer.
That is a great call on all fronts. Also, Cards-Cubs is a traditional rivalry. I can’t believe they didn’t go for that.

Is the plan to just go back and forth with the White Sox and Cubs as one of the teams every year?

If so, I think they should make sure the opponent is always either:

1. A rival, or
2. One of the expected top teams in the league, or
3. A team that at least has some star power. For example I wouldn’t be mad if it was White Sox - Angels solely because of Ohtani (and Trout).

Taylor back(with a HR!), Turner back, and Muncy getting hot……we’re 75-33 and I’m talking like we might finally round into shape!

Buehler, May, Treinen, and Graterol returns/comebacks lying in the weeds. Need Kershaw to be alright. But…look out! We’re gonna bust….we’re gonna bust loose.

That is a great call on all fronts. Also, Cards-Cubs is a traditional rivalry. I can’t believe they didn’t go for that.

Is the plan to just go back and forth with the White Sox and Cubs as one of the teams every year?

If so, I think they should make sure the opponent is always either:

1. A rival, or
2. One of the expected top teams in the league, or
3. A team that at least has some star power. For example I wouldn’t be mad if it was White Sox - Angels solely because of Ohtani (and Trout).
I believe the Cubs and the Cardinals were originally slated to be the first match up but Covid-19 changed that plan and the Yanks and Sox got the first game. The Cubs and Cardinals were just announced as next years London game. To me, the Reds do not seem like an odd choice as they won 1919 World Series against the Black Sox. Without that WS, there would be no book, no movie and no field. Due to logistics, I believe the Chicago teams will have to alternate much like the Phillies and Pirates will get a majority of the Little League World Series games.

FZ_vlN1WAAEHr-I

Drew Rasmussen of the TB Rays has a perfect game through eight innings against the Orioles. Hasn't been a perfect game in MLB in ten years.

Doesn't seem like Jr learned responsibility for your actions from Sr.

OrangeDW I question how your Dodgers handled the Walker Buehler situation. Seems like surgery was going to be the inevitable outcome and they wasted a few months he could have been recovering waiting until now. Hope Opening Day is not impacted.

OrangeDW I question how your Dodgers handled the Walker Buehler situation. Seems like surgery was going to be the inevitable outcome and they wasted a few months he could have been recovering waiting until now. Hope Opening Day is not impacted.
Yeah, not sure why they waited or what’s different now (if anything)from a few months ago.

Stinks though. Hopefully Dustin May can give a big boost as he returns soon, and hopefully Kershaw gets healthy.

August 17th and all the A.L. East teams are .500 or better.
Thought it might be some kinda record. Nope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom