2022 MLB Season | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2022 MLB Season

Terribly frustrating Dodgers series to watch - just left runners on base and got zero big hits in big spots…..every single game. Boring and anticlimactic. 3 best players on the team strike out in the bottom of the 9th. 22 games better than the Padres and beat them almost every game in the regular season, and in the playoffs they randomly thump us like that? Baseball is frustrating.

Who cares though, the Cuse is 6-0!

New? The Giants won three WS's and that garbage Cardinals team that was barely .500.
Shots fired. Which Cardinals team are you trying to disparage? They won 90 games as the WC in 2011.

Terribly frustrating Dodgers series to watch - just left runners on base and got zero big hits in big spots…..every single game. Boring and anticlimactic. 3 best players on the team strike out in the bottom of the 9th. 22 games better than the Padres and beat them almost every game in the regular season, and in the playoffs they randomly thump us like that? Baseball is frustrating.

That's basically every sport/league except the NBA/CFB but for some reason CBB haters like to pretend March Madness is the outlier.

Shots fired. Which Cardinals team are you trying to disparage? They won 90 games as the WC in 2011.

I suspect the 2006 team that went 83-78.

New? The Giants won three WS's and that garbage Cardinals team that was barely .500.

Two of those Giants teams won 94 and 92 games and won their division. They were legit playoff teams in those 2 years and had clutch performers over sustained period for whatever reason.

But baseball for the most part is the most random of the big 4 playoffs (NHL, MLB, NFL, NBA)... in part because the difference of win% between the 12 teams is not that much. Typically more variance in regular season win%'s in other leagues.

Its part of the reason I wasn't that keen on baseball expanding beyond 10 teams. Typically there was less lower tier teams that won pre 1994 because there was only 4 teams making the playoffs-- but even then the AL West would tend to still send a terrible team to represent it and they even won twice in 3 years. (KC 85, Min 87)

I suspect the 2006 team that went 83-78.
They won the division that year and a bunch of guys were injured for a good portion of the regular season. The same core (Pujols/Edmonds/Rolen) that won 100+ games in 2004 and 2005.

They won the division that year and a bunch of guys were injured for a good portion of the regular season. The same core (Pujols/Edmonds/Rolen) that won 100+ games in 2004 and 2005.

That's fine. I wasn't calling them a garbage team -- just noting the team that had a near .500 record that was referenced in an earlier post.

That's fine. I wasn't calling them a garbage team -- just noting the team that had a near .500 record that was referenced in an earlier post.
Oh, I know. I’m guessing the garbage take was from a butthurt Mets fan.

I'll share that sentiment after Yankees get eliminated tonight

Two of those Giants teams won 94 and 92 games and won their division. They were legit playoff teams in those 2 years and had clutch performers over sustained period for whatever reason.

But baseball for the most part is the most random of the big 4 playoffs (NHL, MLB, NFL, NBA)... in part because the difference of win% between the 12 teams is not that much. Typically more variance in regular season win%'s in other leagues.

Its part of the reason I wasn't that keen on baseball expanding beyond 10 teams. Typically there was less lower tier teams that won pre 1994 because there was only 4 teams making the playoffs-- but even then the AL West would tend to still send a terrible team to represent it and they even won twice in 3 years. (KC 85, Min 87)
No doubt there is a somewhat random aspect to the MLB playoffs. Then some times the cream just rises to the top - like in the 2004, 2007, 2013 and 2018 WS. Boston went 16-3 in those four. :)

No doubt there is a somewhat random aspect to the MLB playoffs. Then some times the cream just rises to the top - like in the 2004, 2007, 2013 and 2018 WS. Boston went 16-3 in those four. :)

One of the most enjoyable things throughout this baseball season is that never once did I have to see Joe West's miserable, arrogant douche face.

Last edited:
The playoffs have gone like the season. Pitching and defense have dominated. Houston has a big advantage with a rested staff.

The flock is going on, I didn’t even realize the Phillies were in the playoffs until they started.

Let’s go back to division champs and one wildcard and no stupid week off. I hate this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom