2022 World Cup | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2022 World Cup

Here is your list of the most recent host nations. Long history of great human rights record with these nations.
  • 2006: Germany
  • 2010: South Africa
  • 2014: Brazil
  • 2018: Russia
Qatar is active in its hostile treatment of women and gays. Russia is deplorable . But we all know money, not morals, rule the world. How was Germany doing with human rights in 2006?
By your standard, the US should not get to host.
Can’t have Switzerland (Holocaust profiteers).No England: colonizers. No Argentina. Nazi refuge. Maybe France could be the permanent host, but that Louis XIV.

Qatar is active in its hostile treatment of women and gays. Russia is deplorable . But we all know money, not morals, rule the world. How was Germany doing with human rights in 2006?
By your standard, the US should not get to host.
Can’t have Switzerland (Holocaust profiteers).No England: colonizers. No Argentina. Nazi refuge. Maybe France could be the permanent host, but that Louis XIV.

Active should be the difference vs countries that have turned the corner. Neither Qatar or Russia should have gotten to host.

That said no host that uses bribes should get it either.

Iran doesn't look dangerous or up to the task at all. That said they usually get pretty amped to play the U.S...

Iran looks ready to go home already. Good for us.

Find a result today and let's find a way.
Iran has shown nothing to suggest we shouldn’t beat them. I realize that England can make any team look bad but we really should be able to handle Iran if we have any offense.

Iran has shown nothing to suggest we shouldn’t beat them. I realize that England can make any team look bad but we really should be able to handle Iran if we have any offense.
England may have found something. Their results coming into the tournament over the last few months were nothing to write home about. US needs a positive result today against Wales.

England looks really dangerous. Their set pieces are a thing of beauty. Need to take care of business vs. Wales today or we’re in trouble.

Yeah no result vs Wales and we are toast.

Am watching England - Iran on FS1. Will US game be there as well? Have seen references it will be on Telemundo or Peacock - neither of which I have.

Am watching England - Iran on FS1. Will US game be there as well? Have seen references it will be on Telemundo or Peacock - neither of which I have.
Fox has the rights for everything. You should be ok.

US game on regular FOX.

Yeah no result vs Wales and we are toast.
Need 3 against Wales regardless of England-Iran result.

That went about as well as planned.

Root for a 0-0 draw and then, once England scored, root for an avalanche.

6-1 effectively kills Iran from a GD standpoint.

However, let's take care of business so we don't have to worry about GD.

Lovely.

An “is the game on tv?” Kickball post.

Just can’t escape it….

I had eng -1.5 should have taken an alt line but who knew they would score 6 with Kane not really getting any shots at all.

Iran will create some issues because USA always has 3-4 give aways. I dont know if the US could have scored more than 1 of those shots ENG scored on.. But IRAN gave up lots of header chances so maybe we have a good set piece week

got no read on the senegal match but they have one big gun out..

Interesting to start the game that Iran clearly tackles guy in the box and VAR doesnt even take a look and then the late game action England has a slight tug and the guy flops over and they look at it for a PK.

Lovely.

An “is the game on tv?” Kickball post.

Just can’t escape it….
I'll allow it.

US sports are hard enough these days to figure out between what is on TV, and if it is on TV, where it is on TV or, if it is streaming, where it is streaming.

Intl soccer is worse. It can literally be on any channel or any streaming service. And sometimes it is not on an English-speaking channel at all.

There were away US qualifiers that were not televised in the US, other than on a Spanish channel. That simply should not happen in this day and age. Like putting an NFL game only on a streaming service (oh wait...).

TV is Fox. Streaming is NBC.

So I get why the more casual fan may be bewildered about where to find the games.

Isn't asking if the US world cup soccer game on TV like asking if the AFC Championship or the US Open is being televised?
Probably should be but see my response to Kaiser.

I watch a lot of soccer and I have trouble finding games...

Probably should be but see my response to Kaiser.

I watch a lot of soccer and I have trouble finding games...

Some of the streaming apps have made finding any game or choosing it for that matter much harder. Some de prioritize certain sports even if on a major network in favor of telling you to choose something else.

good thing most here are not fans of league 1 or league 2 games.. you need separate subscription for each time most of the time . tough to bet those games when you cant even begin to easily watch, even the bigger leagues not all the games are easy to find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom