2022 World Cup | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

2022 World Cup

We've largely been the better team for the last 10-15 years, but they've beaten us in several recent Cup finals, now. I liked it better when it was good football on display, but we always won. LOL

Yeah it's been a frustrating run for a while now so I am cherishing being top of the table for every second lol.

Yeah it's been a frustrating run for a while now so I am cherishing being top of the table for every second lol.

And you deserve it. Bringing in those 2 guys from City really improved the chemistry, as did removing Auba from the dressing room. They have recruited well, and have some terrific hungry young players.

What do you think of them acquiring either Pulisic or Frenkie De Jong from Barca? With Gabriel Jesus hurt, they could use a little more attacking depth, and any team can always use more quality in midfield, IMO.

And you deserve it. Bringing in those 2 guys from City really improved the chemistry, as did removing Auba from the dressing room. They have recruited well, and have some terrific hungry young players.

What do you think of them acquiring either Pulisic or Frenkie De Jong from Barca? With Gabriel Jesus hurt, they could use a little more attacking depth, and any team can always use more quality in midfield, IMO.

I like the idea of Pulisic and think he would fit better than he does at Chelsea. I havent watched DE Jong play as much outside the WC so not as confident in my opinion of his fit.

I like the idea of Pulisic and think he would fit better than he does at Chelsea. I havent watched DE Jong play as much outside the WC so not as confident in my opinion of his fit.

DeJong, to me, is a cultured player whose upside might be the next Kevin DeBruyne. But he's not tough and physical enough yet. However, if you place him in front of Thomas Partey and Granit Xhaka, he could be a terrific playmaker, but you already kind of have what he has to offer in Maartin Odegaard.

Not really in their DNA to sit back. Why they are so much fun to watch.

Pulled the trifecta today after work.

Brazil-Croatia
Argentina-Netherlands
SU-Creighton

Just got done.

Argentina a real conundrum for me. Messi is absolutely brilliant but the team plays such a dirty game (and always has - they are the Conmebol equivalent of Mexico).

Since Pirlo retired, Modric has been my favorite player to watch. I love watching those deep-laying playmakers control the game as if it is on a string.

I thought Croatia's legs would give out today but that was a master class in how to play defense without bunkering.

I have DVR'd and watched every knockout round game so far. Spain was the biggest disappointment. so much space in behind and Spain absolutely refused to exploit it until OT. So stubborn. Hopefully, Portugal will be more pragmatic. Unless it is the US, which used to have no choice, I hate it when bunkering teams win.

France-England might be you take it. No you take it. No you take it. Both teams can definitely play on the front foot but France likes to play somewhat deep since Mbappe is so devastating on the counter. england will not want to commit too many players forward for that exact same reason. I do think England's wingers can cause problems...especially down the right flank behind Mbappe since he does not come back to defend. France has been somewhat lacksadaisical defending but I also don't think any of their previous opponents worried them. They will take england seriously. Hoping for two games tomorrow like the two we had today.
imagine if soccer used lax type rules so less people were hanging around in the box. would be a bit hectic down there figuring out who was in or out.

Portugal going all out showing off their diving skills after going down 1-0 then trying to pressure the refs...

Ronaldo was crying like a weeeee baby

Uggh hated to be right regarding 2-1 in favor of France. Kane man... uggh. Lloris was just top shelf today as England should have put home 3 at least.

Uggh hated to be right regarding 2-1 in favor of France. Kane man... uggh. Lloris was just top shelf today as England should have put home 3 at least.
Comes down to the penalty but yet again taking Saka off was another funny decision.

Looking at the WC bracket, it seems like those who disappointed most are Germany, Spain, Brazil, Portugal (mostly Ronaldo), and I guess England, for only making the Quarter Finals. But England had a tough draw, getting France that early. They should have been seeded to meet in the Semifinals.

Syracuse had a terrific keeper named Bono, who played HS ball at Baldwinsville. Ended up an AA for us. Last I knew, he was still playing in the MLS for Toronto.

He even got some interested from the USMNT. Think he got called into a couple of camps.

Maybe they are very very distant cousins.
Maybe you are more right than you think.

Syracuse had a terrific keeper named Bono, who played HS ball at Baldwinsville. Ended up an AA for us. Last I knew, he was still playing in the MLS for Toronto.

He even got some interested from the USMNT. Think he got called into a couple of camps.

Maybe they are very very distant cousins.
He also won a MLS championship for Toronto. Bville had a crazy run of Keepers . Andrew Coughlin was a year ahead of Alex at BVille, and then at SU. He then started for Canisus for 3 years. The class ahead of my son’s had 2 guys who both wound up at Niagara. My son started his career at D-1 Manhattan and his 2 classmates wound up at Oneonta (D3 power) and Potsdam. 5 college goalies in 2 classes, and 2 SU goalies in one class.

Last edited:
Wahl died of undetected aortic aneurysm according to his wife.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom