2023-24 NBA Season | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Chris Paul’s son is 14 years old. Paul hasn’t been on the Clippers since 2017. That means whatever happened with Foster was back when Chris Jr. was seven or younger. I can’t imagine a scenario where Foster comes away looking like the good guy here.

Foster’s a stunod.

Chris Paul’s son is 14 years old. Paul hasn’t been on the Clippers since 2017. That means whatever happened with Foster was back when Chris Jr. was seven or younger. I can’t imagine a scenario where Foster comes away looking like the good guy here.
NBA refs been dirty since the beginning of time. NBA knows this but has to protect the brand by pretending they’re not. You ask why don’t they just run the crooked dudes out the league? Because those dudes have receipts and the league doesn’t want those receipts out there.

NBA refs been dirty since the beginning of time. NBA knows this but has to protect the brand by pretending they’re not. You ask why don’t they just run the crooked dudes out the league? Because those dudes have receipts and the league doesn’t want those receipts out there.
Preaching to the choir. It’s just a crooked league. They protect certain teams and actively work against others. And I’m not just talking about the officiating. All of these new salary cap rules are an attempt at Ballmer-proofing.

Show me a tougher stretch on any other team’s schedule…

Five games in seven days: Pelicans, Mavericks, day off, Nuggets, day off, @Kings, @Warriors.

I understand the reason why the Clippers had to go for it, and they had to pull the deal (perhaps were a little too trigger happy in the draft capital given but if your going for it, you go for it).

But to claim this is not a win for OKC unless they win a title? Good lord. 2/3 of their current top core, and 4 first round picks (potentially some lotto) will be left from this deal. Day2 is that you?

As of now the major value left from the deal for OKC is
SGA (the clear best player in the deal since the start of the 22/23 season)
Jalen Williams (ROY Runnerup, 17.5PPG, good defender
2024 Clippers First
2025 Clippers Swap
2026 Clippers First
2025 Miami First (that 23 pick was deferred back and I believe is now unprotected)

They can use that remaining draft capital to bring in an elite complimentary piece.

Last edited:
Preaching to the choir. It’s just a crooked league. They protect certain teams and actively work against others. And I’m not just talking about the officiating. All of these new salary cap rules are an attempt at Ballmer-proofing.

League is against the Clippers? Ballmer-Proofing? LOL.
As if the creation of the second apron (impacts mostly starting next year) is the factor that's not going to allow the Clippers to get out of this mess. Damn, if they would have had the $5M MLE exemption this year everything would be different.

The Clippers have an elite non-complimentary lineup that would have excelled in 2016 - not 2024. I believe they have first rounders in 2027 and 2029, and the OKC 2025 pick, and I believe none of those picks can be currently traded. Ballmer and management are the ones that made these decisions regarding the roster - to blame the league crookedness is silly.

If anything the second apron will protect owners from creating an ineffective team of past their prime all stars.

Last edited:

I understand the reason why the Clippers had to go for it, and they had to pull the deal (perhaps were a little too trigger happy in the draft capital given but if your going for it, you go for it).

But to claim this is not a win for OKC unless they win a title? Good lord. 2/3 of their current top core, and 4 first round picks (potentially some lotto) will be left from this deal. Day2 is that you?

As of now the major value left from the deal for OKC is
SGA (the clear best player in the deal since the start of the 22/23 season)
Jalen Williams (ROY Runnerup, 17.5PPG, good defender
2024 Clippers First
2025 Clippers Swap
2026 Clippers First
2025 Miami First (that 23 pick was deferred back and I believe is now unprotected)

They can use that remaining draft capital to bring in an elite complimentary piece.
It’s a choice to care that much about a random tweet from a random person.

The Bucks scored 146? Was this an all star game ref job?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom