2023-24 NBA Season | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

so now the Laker's are allowed to call TO's without possession of the ball. This is a new wrinkle and may make them tough to beat. They can stop your offense simply by calling timeout when you have an open layup.

so now the Laker's are allowed to call TO's without possession of the ball. This is a new wrinkle and may make them tough to beat. They can stop your offense simply by calling timeout when you have an open layup.

It's crazy how much scoring has increased in the NBA in recent years.

In 2002-03, the highest-scoring team in the league was Dallas at 103 ppg. Only three other teams -- Sacramento, Lakers, Golden State were over 100.

This season, the lowest-scoring team in the league is Portland at 105.2 ppg. Everyone is over 110 except for Detroit, Chicago, Portland and Memphis.

They made over 60% of their 38 three pointers. The Lopez twins went 1/5, rest of the team shot 67% from 3 lol. Knicks actually had almost twice as many free throws as the Bucks.

The Bucks shot 20-39 against us in the game a few weeks ago. I figured surely they won't shoot as well this time out. Well, they did! and dont call me Shirley

The Bucks shot 20-39 against us in the game a few weeks ago. I figured surely they won't shoot as well this time out. Well, they did! and dont call me Shirley
A lot of people, including most Bucks fans, were really tearing Malik Beasley apart early in the season, but he's been sensational lately. Over the last 11 games, he's averaging nearly 16 points per game on 70% TS%. That's just stupid. The starting 5's net rating is currently dwarfing the Nuggets and TWolves (though it is dwarfed themselves by the Celtics starting 5). Aside from Middleton (55.7% TS%), the entire starting 5 is above 60% TS% on the year (with Dame being the 2nd lowest at 61.9%).

A lot of people, including most Bucks fans, were really tearing Malik Beasley apart early in the season, but he's been sensational lately. Over the last 11 games, he's averaging nearly 16 points per game on 70% TS%. That's just stupid. The starting 5's net rating is currently dwarfing the Nuggets and TWolves (though it is dwarfed themselves by the Celtics starting 5). Aside from Middleton (55.7% TS%), the entire starting 5 is above 60% TS% on the year (with Dame being the 2nd lowest at 61.9%).

I was kinda surprised beasley was available on a minimum over the summer. The dude can get 3's up. Over the last 4 seasons, he's tied for second in 3PA per 100 possessions (tied with Dame, no prize for guessing who is first) To be able to get that many threes up and shoot a high % (38 in the period) is really valuable. There was one three he got last night where Brunson was a little late (but not even that late) getting over to him but his release was so quick.

The one negative thing I will say about the Bucks is its so weird to see them be a bad defensive team. Their transition D is just awful. They allow transition opportunities on 39.9% of live ball rebounds this season, which is worst by far. Second worst is Philly at 33.2%!

I was kinda surprised beasley was available on a minimum over the summer. The dude can get 3's up. Over the last 4 seasons, he's tied for second in 3PA per 100 possessions (tied with Dame, no prize for guessing who is first) To be able to get that many threes up and shoot a high % (38 in the period) is really valuable. There was one three he got last night where Brunson was a little late (but not even that late) getting over to him but his release was so quick.

The one negative thing I will say about the Bucks is its so weird to see them be a bad defensive team. Their transition D is just awful. They allow transition opportunities on 39.9% of live ball rebounds this season, which is worst by far. Second worst is Philly at 33.2%!
The transition D is so pathetic. It kills me. Doubly so because we don't get any offensive rebounds either. We half-ass crashing the boards while absolutely nobody gets back on defense. Feels like it should be an easy thing to fix but we're what, 20 games in now? I don't get it.

This play is a great litmus test. Only Lakers fans are defending this nonsense.
Not defending it but my football team (Raiders) has been screwed over by the NFL/refs so much in my lifetime that for me it's a yin / yang thing.

2020 hindsight

Screenshot_20231207-191533.png

Milwaukee doesn't guard. They need to give one of the kids more minutes - Andre Jackson would be my choice. They need someone who is remotely interested in defending.

Can anyone explain the no show effort by New Orleans last night? That is on their team leaders including Zion. Horrendous.

Milwaukee doesn't guard. They need to give one of the kids more minutes - Andre Jackson would be my choice. They need someone who is remotely interested in defending.

Can anyone explain the no show effort by New Orleans last night? That is on their team leaders including Zion. Horrendous.
Well, the game was in Vegas.

I did enjoy Shaq and Chuck on the postgame show ripping Zion to shreds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom