2023-24 NBA Season | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

All good, I’m sure when (lol) they get to the finals, they’ll just flip the switch, and *poof*, they’ll show up and play hard each game
There he is. Clockwork baby.

Lol.

Let me guess, another “bike ride” tonight?
No, just didn’t feel like getting up to get my tablet when I was supposed to be working on my final. So I just watched in misery all alone in my basement. But I was comforted in the fact you’d blow this loss out of proportion just like the last series.

It’s amazing how they all go cold from 3 during the same game. I will say I think old head Al is looking worn down. The minutes are definitely impacting him, especially since he’s defending the big man for Cleveland.
I mean old head Al has been looking worn down for like 3 years now.

I'm going to call it now - OKC will win the championship this season.

Yeah, I know. I'm bold.

I mean old head Al has been looking worn down for like 3 years now.
Before Porzingis went down though, Al’s role allowed him much more rest and far less banging on the inside. He‘s better suited to the support role at his advanced age.

Before Porzingis went down though, Al’s role allowed him much more rest and far less banging on the inside. He‘s better suited to the support role at his advanced age.
I agree. It's frustrating when they play like last night, but can't discount what a big loss Porzingis is. That being said, they are still capable of much better than last night even without him.

Even as someone that watched in horror as Jrue bricked shot after shot in the playoffs for the Bucks, I'm stunned at just how much of a non-factor he is offensively in Boston. Same struggles but he's down to like 8 points a game? Goodness gracious. Honestly feel bad because he's always seemed like a great person, but man, he's lucky Boston is talented enough to withstand his struggles.

Even as someone that watched in horror as Jrue bricked shot after shot in the playoffs for the Bucks, I'm stunned at just how much of a non-factor he is offensively in Boston. Same struggles but he's down to like 8 points a game? Goodness gracious. Honestly feel bad because he's always seemed like a great person, but man, he's lucky Boston is talented enough to withstand his struggles.
They have a lot of scorers, in his defense. I love his work on the offensive boards. His defense can be great when he’s locked in on a guy with the ball, but he drifts a lot, leaving his man wide open for threes. Which can be problematic.

I agree. It's frustrating when they play like last night, but can't discount what a big loss Porzingis is. That being said, they are still capable of much better than last night even without him.
Wishing and hoping that a player who's historically had issues with staying healthy, would magically withstand the rigors of a playoff run, seems unwise.

The starting 5 for the Celtics were all horrible last night and shot 19% from 3. White was 1-8. Celtics are a tough watch when the 3 point shots aren't falling. Cavs must have been close to 50% from 3.

I mean Horford is just old, he can't handle this type of load with Porzingis out. Relying on Porzingis to stay healthy isn't a great strategy either.

The Celtics without Porzingis may not get out of the East and they would have hell of a time vs Minnesota or Denver for that matter unless they shoot the lights out from 3 for 4 out of 7 games.

All this talk about everyone else on Boston, but I always come back to thinking Tatum is soft. I'm not saying he's Embiid, but I'd expect more from a player of his level in the playoffs. He's been bad this year so far.
14-17 in their last 31 home playoff games.

Tatum is 22-88 from 3-pt territory in Boston’s last 14 playoff games (going back to the start of the ill-fated Miami series last season).

Seems like Wins and Losses depend on White (or when available KP) going off more than the 2 Stars so far in playoffs.

Not a great formula for success in long run
The offense coming down to taking turns is what bothers me.

Achiuwa, you’ve got 4-5 inches on the man. Shoot it

Hart sure does whine a lot for a grown man.

That last play should have been and1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom