2023-24 NBA Season | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

One more random thing about Joker last year wnen he didnt win MVP.

Last year, the gap between his #1 BPM and the #2 BPM (Embiid) was larger than the gap between #2 Embiid and #17 Tatum.

Same thing with VORP. The gap between #1 Joker and #2 Doncic was larger than that of #2 Doncic and #11 Steph Curry.

He leads these advanced metrics by an absolute mile.

The irony is Shaq was Shaqtin a fool in the interview with Joker. Talk about hating, that was pathetic. Backhanded compliment to his face on his night.

It’s insane. I wouldn’t be surprised if OG was done for the playoffs.
Brunson didn’t seem too confident himself about being able to go Friday. I’m sure the usual suspects will blame Thibs minutes allocation.

The one trade I hated was sending Toppin to Indiana for 2 second round picks. I’d feel a lot better if the Knicks had him now.

Brunson didn’t seem too confident himself about being able to go Friday. I’m sure the usual suspects will blame Thibs minutes allocation.
Yes, they have been silent on this run-
waiting to pounce! LOL

Lots of talk about the officiating again. I’ll throw in one: how in gods name did TJ McConnell not get called for a single foul tonight?? All he does is grab and hack and ride. It’s wild.
How about the double dribble on Hartenstein? The officiating was fine. It had zero impact on the game.

Indiana complaining about the officials last night after they blew chunks at the line sure is something.

Ind was about as physical as a team could be and the fouls were basically even. They were mugging guys trying to bring the ball up in the back court. Knicks need more out of Mcbride for sure. He was playing well middle of the year but not helping much now.

The Knicks might need to back off a game to try and get some guys some rest

The one trade I hated was sending Toppin to Indiana for 2 second round picks. I’d feel a lot better if the Knicks had him now.

If they still had him he would probably finally be playing with all these injuries

That said he has been pretty impressive but he’s also on a great team to magnify his strengths

Ind was about as physical as a team could be and the fouls were basically even. They were mugging guys trying to bring the ball up in the back court. Knicks need more out of Mcbride for sure. He was playing well middle of the year but not helping much now.

The Knicks might need to back off a game to try and get some guys some rest

Thibs would rather die.

I’m assuming the Knicks won’t be putting much out there ahead of the next game, but I’d be shocked if OG plays another game this series. So what lineup do you run out there to start? Brunson, Divincenzo, Hart, Achiuwa and Hartenstein? I assume that means you’ll need Simms in the backup C role if Achiuwa is going to get PF mins? I suppose you could also go small with Brunson, McBride, Divincenzo, Hart and Hartenstein.

Agree w/upperdeck: Thibs should consider backing off for Game 3.
If Brunson plays, Pacers will continue riding/fouling him hard to wear him down with the injury.
OG is out for Game 3 -sit Brunson also. Hart and others playing big MPG would benefit from fewer minutes.
Then regroup and consider how to approach Game 4. Maybe coast both games 3/4 if necessary, then count on fresh legs and the MSG crowd to pull out the series with 2 more home wins.
May be crazy talk up 2-0, but the Knicks seem very vulnerable with the injuries and high MPG -going hard with injured/high MPG players for the next 2 and losing both games could making winning 2 after that insurmountable with spent players, even with the great heart and resiliency this team has.
The Knicks have been on an impressive roll -maybe Thibs will surprise everyone and give them a breather for Game 3 to live and fight another day with a better Brunson and maybe w/OG back in the lineup.
If Thibs keeps the petal to the metal then the Knicks crash and burn getting run off the court to lose the series (possibly w/more injuries) -the current good vibes will quickly turn against Thibs and his reputation.
IDK -maybe they somehow get 1 or even 2 W's at Indy but just seems like a strategic break is needed.

So, talk is that the Knicks are interested in Devin Booker, who wants to leave the Suns and likes the Knicks as a landing spot. Booker is making a ton of money, but smarter people than me say that between the $20M salary for Bogdonovic, $28M for Julius Randle and $10M for Burks, they could make the money work.

They would need help at forward, and Tobias Harris would be a free agent.

What about a lineup of Brunson, Booker, Anunoby, Harris and a center? With Hart, DiVincenzo, Robinson / Hartenstein, and Deuce as rotation guys. Still need another big, but that would be quite a team.

Boston sure has games where they barf all over themselves for as good as they are capable of being.

All good, I’m sure when (lol) they get to the finals, they’ll just flip the switch, and *poof*, they’ll show up and play hard each game

Boston sure has games where they barf all over themselves for as good as they are capable of being.
It’s amazing how they all go cold from 3 during the same game. I will say I think old head Al is looking worn down. The minutes are definitely impacting him, especially since he’s defending the big man for Cleveland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom