2023 PGA Tour | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

2023 PGA Tour

I agree. Viktor, Rory, Rahm, Fleetwood, Rose, Hatton, Fitzpatrick and Luke Donald are eight of the nicest people in the game.

Rory and Hatton do not belong on that list. Rory going at it with Bones Mackay in the parking lot was weak sauce. Zack Johnson should have sent Joe LaCava home after his stunt on 18. Rory and Hatton are nice when there winning - not so nice with the losing part.

To me, this confirms there was drama and a rift behind the scenes for Team USA. So disappointing and embarrassing frankly. What a bunch of witches (replace the w).

No excuse for not going on the scouting trip unless you're having kid like Spieth. Cantlay and Xander (who I used to really like) should've been told to get on board or they're off the team.

Only two U.S. players played competitively in the month leading up the Ryder Cup. None of them would do that for a major like Paul McGinley said. Pathetic. Rant over.

3 actually (JT, Homa, and Brooks), but Brooks was contractually forced to play, JT was essentially forced to play to be improve his 2024 status, and Homa was a defending champion. But, the point is fair.

This is also not the first time that Xander's daddy has done his bidding. Such a weak look when your poppy is engaging with the media. How many other PGA players would allow that?

3 actually (JT, Homa, and Brooks), but Brooks was contractually forced to play, JT was essentially forced to play to be improve his 2024 status, and Homa was a defending champion. But, the point is fair.

This is also not the first time that Xander's daddy has done his bidding. Such a weak look when your poppy is engaging with the media. How many other PGA players would allow that?
Forgot about Brooks. Thanks.

So dumb by Xander's dad. He confirms the rumors were true literally the day after the event.

Rory and Hatton do not belong on that list. Rory going at it with Bones Mackay in the parking lot was weak sauce. Zack Johnson should have sent Joe LaCava home after his stunt on 18. Rory and Hatton are nice when there winning - not so nice with the losing part.
I think that's subjective. There's a reason that Rory draws the biggest audience and draws the most applause on the US soil sans Tiger. You don't think the US fans don't appreciate what he did standing up for the PGA Tour last season. I can't think of any other foreigner who is as universally received here.

BTW, I accidentally left Shane Lowry off my list. He would be the first guy I would belly up to the bar with. And the only reason I left the other four Europeans off my list is because their personalities aren't as well known.

I used to be really into the Ryder Cup, not so much anymore
1. It’s a bunch of guys that live in Florida and Arizona playing against each other.
2. Golf is not a team sport, you can try to make it one but it’s not, I honestly don’t know what the big deal is anymore. I guess it’s the old cynic in me.

Last edited:
Anybody here want to get a high-ish stakes fantasy league going?

I used to be really into the Ryder Cup, not so much anymore
1. It’s a bunch of guys that live in Florida and Arizona playing against each other.
2. Golf is not a team sport, you can try to make it one but it’s not, I honestly don’t what the big deal is anymore. I guess it’s the old cynical me.

and it clearly means more to the Europeans and in addition the US team is full of lifeless dolts. I mean if captain Zack Johnson doesn't get you fired up who will.

and it clearly means more to the Europeans and in addition the US team is full of lifeless dolts. I mean if captain Zack Johnson doesn't get you fired up who will.
Yep

The media is ruining the event because they focus on everything but the golf. Thought it was telling that Rahm (rankings be damned, he's the best player and the leader of the European team) gets asked one question at the post match presser. He hit arguably the two biggest shots in the tournament, has a large presence on the team and there was more interest in a caddie, and his communication with Rory.

I talk golf betting with the security guy in my office and I told him yesterday that Andrew Putnam was my favorite pick this week. Shot +6 yesterday and my guy was laughing in my face when I just walked into the office hahaha I love it.

Lexi Thompson has held her own so far, much to my surprise since she hasn't exactly set the LPGA tour on fire this year.

Lexi Thompson has held her own so far, much to my surprise since she hasn't exactly set the LPGA tour on fire this year.
she did a good job of finding a way to make birdies on the easy par 5s even though shouldnt couldnt reach them. She hit a couple nice iron shots as well. she is hitting from 40-50 yds further away on most of the holes. She had 3 shots inside 20 ft in the whole rd though. She got the very easy side of the wind draw. Not sure how tommorrow will go playing a couple holer before going back out.

she did a good job of finding a way to make birdies on the easy par 5s even though shouldnt couldnt reach them. She hit a couple nice iron shots as well. she is hitting from 40-50 yds further away on most of the holes. She had 3 shots inside 20 ft in the whole rd though. She got the very easy side of the wind draw. Not sure how tommorrow will go playing a couple holer before going back out.
She's playing w/ Syracuse native and Ludden grad Kevin Roy.

I took Lexi +275 to make the cut. I think she is playing better than her score indicates. Gonna need at least 2 under on her last nine today and I don't think that's too crazy. Has been really fun to watch.

this course is pretty easy.. huge rollouts on tee shots.. she has played 3 the par 5s and the short par 4 in 4 under. It shows though what hitting the ball in the fairway can do for you.. She drives a decent distance but she also hits it low so this type course is great for her game.. she hasnt driven it this well all year.

I took Lexi +275 to make the cut. I think she is playing better than her score indicates. Gonna need at least 2 under on her last nine today and I don't think that's too crazy. Has been really fun to watch.
She's playing very well today and is currently one stroke within the cut line which is projected at -1. Six holes to go. Would become the1st women since Babe Didrikson Zaharias to make a cut.

She's playing very well today and is currently one stroke within the cut line which is projected at -1. Six holes to go. Would become the1st women since Babe Didrikson Zaharias to make a cut.
I haven’t seen her play much, but she always seems to miss makeable putts down the stretch.

Short game was the worry for Lexi and it ended up getting her at the end. Still impressive showing but that really sucks.

she drove it great. She maxes out at about 105 with her driver and a ball speed of 155.. So to get the ball to go as far as she does she must really be controlling the ball spin

She hits a very low rolling ball and this course is perfect as she carries it about 240-250 but on this course it rolls out 40-50 yds so she was out to 300 quit a bit and she hit a ton of fairways the 2 days

Like alot of LPGA players you get them in to wedge areas they are solid. What helps on this course is the par 5s were all pretty simple run up shots.

Thats better than she has drove and putted all year until the last couple putts.

At 5:59, a moment after Hadley misses his eagle putt, some fan in the background yells "Hey Gruber shut the bleep up". I have no clue if it has any context to the putt - but amusing when a bomb is dropped so clearly

I hate it when the golf broadcast interrupts the commercials. Sheeesh.

I love Min Woo this weekend. Really excited to fall asleep to golf the next couple of nights and have a reason to stay up late Saturday after cfb ends. Can go right from sweating my Washington futures and UCLA -17 to a golf Sunday.

I love Min Woo this weekend. Really excited to fall asleep to golf the next couple of nights and have a reason to stay up late Saturday after cfb ends. Can go right from sweating my Washington futures and UCLA -17 to a golf Sunday.
Just kidding I don't have a single golfer under par haha the wind got the best of every single one of my guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom