2024-25 Seating Changes | Syracusefan.com

2024-25 Seating Changes

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

The next step in building upon a first-rate fan experience at the JMA Wireless Dome is here! Ticket pricing and seating maps for 2024-25 Orange football and men's and women's basketball are now available for all fans on Cuse.com.

During the summer of 2024, new chairback seating will be installed throughout the entire venue, replacing all bleacher seating in the JMA Wireless Dome. The change in seating requires a new seat map, including changes to section, row and seat numbers, due to the revised capacity for football, men's and women's basketball, and men's and women's lacrosse. The seat map includes two new premium spaces that will be offered in 2024 and beyond. The Sideline Club offers pre-game field access, private access to the Kuhn Gameday Lounge presented by Hidden Level, and a new premium seat tied to Club 44 for both football and men's basketball. Both areas include padded orange chairbacks and all-inclusive food and enhanced beverage options. The latest phase of renovations also includes the construction of Miron Victory Court, a pedestrian plaza physically connecting the Barnes Center at the Arch to the JMA Wireless Dome.

"We are thrilled to share that the JMA Wireless Dome transformation project is moving ahead on time," said Syracuse Director of Athletics John Wildhack. "Renovations to ADA seating and suites already underway and the installation of the chairback seating and new premium seating areas set to be completed this summer. The new seats will improve fan comfort and accessibility. In anticipation of the new seating, we will begin the ticket sales and re-seat process for 2023-24 next month. The process will prioritize fan loyalty and fan experience."

The reseat process will begin with the football season ticket renewal and purchase process on February 1st. Current season ticket holders will receive a message from the 'Cuse Athletics Fund and JMA Dome Box Office with information on how to purchase season tickets and seat selection instructions. As in previous years, fans will have the option to pay in full or elect a payment plan. Both options benefit a ticket holder's Donor Rank. Season tickets for the 2024 football season start at $99.

The 2024 men's and women's basketball season ticket renewal and purchase process will begin on February 20th. Men's basketball season ticket holders will partake in a similar seat selection process as football ticket holders. Ticket holders for football, men's basketball and women's basketball should purchase their season tickets and review their Donor Rank by May 1. Following this deadline, combined parking and seat selection for football and men's basketball will begin on May 21 and July 9, respectively.

Donor Rank includes 'Cuse Athletics Fund annual membership level and priority points and is used to ensure that all benefits are allocated in a fair, equitable and consistent manner. It acknowledges fan investment in Syracuse University Athletics and balances both annual support through the annual membership level and loyalty and longevity through priority points. Donor Rank is used to assign and allocate benefits including parking, new/upgraded season tickets, seat relocation, premium seating, away game tickets, neutral site tickets, postseason tickets, hospitality access and more. All season ticket holders will earn five priority points for every year of season tickets for football and men's basketball for up to 20 years for each sport.

In preparation for the February on-sale dates, season ticket holders are encouraged to review the new pricing and seating maps for 2024. Syracuse Athletics remains committed to offering season ticket holders, community members and new fans affordable options. In addition to revising the seat maps to accommodate the new chairbacks and renovations throughout the JMA Dome, pricing has been adjusted to reflect the upgraded experience and new inventory. Across the board, pricing for football, men's basketball and women's basketball remains competitive nationally and within the Atlantic Coast Conference. The $99 season ticket for football and $200 season ticket for men's basketball remain some of the lowest entry ticket levels in the ACC and are representative of the commitment to the Syracuse community to offer a family-friendly and accessible option.

Women's basketball season ticket holders will not need to take part in a seat selection process and will be able to confirm their new location as part of the season ticket process in their MyCuse account or over the phone with 'Cuse Athletics Fund Sales and Service representatives.
Timeline
February 1Football season tickets on sale for current and prospective season ticket holders
February 20Men's and women's basketball season tickets on sale for current and prospective season ticket holders
April 1Student Pass on sale (four year and one year)
May 1Donor Rank Lock Date and priority season ticket deadline for football, and men's and women's basketball
May 13Football parking and seat selection timeslots sent to season ticket holders
May 21-July 1Football parking and seat selection process
July 1Men's basketball parking and seat selection timeslots sent to season ticket holders
July 9 – August 1Men's basketball parking and seat selection process
August 6Men's and women's lacrosse season tickets on sale

Beginning with the 2024 football season, the student section will relocate from sections 102-108 and 304-307 to a new location in the east endzone, sections 119-127 and 325-330, increasing capacity significantly to the largest in JMA Dome modern history with 5,541 seats. This change is only for football; the Otto's Army student section will remain in the same location for men's basketball, women's basketball, men's lacrosse and women's lacrosse. The new location will provide students with easier access to seating and amenities due to its proximity to the student entrance at Gate F and the new Miron Victory Court. The Syracuse University Marching Band will also relocate to the east endzone.

In September 2020, the first phase of renovations to the JMA were completed. The $118 million transformation of the Dome, funded entirely by the University and private philanthropy, included a new fixed roof, the largest vertically hung scoreboard in college sports, the installation of air conditioning and state-of-the-art sound and lighting systems.

Thanks for posting- wow are there some big increases in certain sections...supply and demand, I suppose.

IMG_1329.png

Trying to figure out which level my seats are currently in. Looks like I'm right on a dividing line.

So a few years ago, A level was $1260 for a season ticket. They are now $2200 for a season ticket. It will be interesting to see if the sidelines become like behind home plate of a Yankees game.

so $2200 for like 20 games so $100 a game roughly?

Supply and demand, but people in the upper buying $500 tickets and selling them for $150 must be making a killing if they can sell just 2-3.

Like many season ticket holders, especially in basketball, I worry that I will not be keeping my same seats. This causes me agita.
You should have a pretty high donor rank as I believe you've stated you're near me before. This year more than ever it seems like there's more seats available around us so I think we SHOULD be able to get into the same area.

Like many season ticket holders, especially in basketball, I worry that I will not be keeping my same seats. This causes me agita.

I've been where I've been for close to 40 years.

There are some vacant seats around us, so we can absorb a few 100 level displacements.

It's a shame I can't get credit for 4 years of having a student season ticket.

You should have a pretty high donor rank as I believe you've stated you're near me before. This year more than ever it seems like there's more seats available around us so I think we SHOULD be able to get into the same area.
Mine could either be $50 more or $500 more depending on where the dividing line is. I prefer that its not the latter.

I'm fairly confident I could keep mine, since there are a handful of empty seats that were available for season tickets. I have a friend that has two right next to me, so that I'd like to be able to keep that situation since we share tickets if either of us can't go for some reason so the other can bring friends.

I am not sure how long I’ve had season tickets. One year up in T, the next year in G, and finally got into B. So maybe 20 years? C is always empty, so I hope we are good. I am attached to those seats and the people sitting near me. Good luck to us all!

I said this on the football board and I’ll say this on the basketball…..

Also an important piece that MOST of you are missing is that your previous seats, NO LONGER EXIST

Although you’re “renewing” this season, you WILL be picking new seats, somewhere in the dome, no matter what.

Your seat is NOT and will NOT be held and no longer exists.

If someone selects earlier than you and they happen to choose your seat, it’s now that persons seat.

Everyone is being displaced and will be selecting a new seat

I said this on the football board and I’ll say this on the basketball…..

Also an important piece that MOST of you are missing is that your previous seats, NO LONGER EXIST

Although you’re “renewing” this season, you WILL be picking new seats, somewhere in the dome, no matter what.

Your seat is NOT and will NOT be held and no longer exists.

If someone selects earlier than you and they happen to choose your seat, it’s now that persons seat.

Everyone is being displaced and will be selecting a new seat
STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!

2024-25 Men's Basketball Season Tickets On-Sale February 20

Thank you for supporting Syracuse Men's Basketball as a season ticket holder. Your 2024-25 season ticket invoice will be live in your MyCuse Account beginning this Tuesday, February 20. Please login and begin the renewal process before the May 1, 2024 priority deadline.

When you log into your account, you will see an invoice that has been generated based on your ticket(s) for the 2023-24 season. Your new balance due for 2024-25 is calculated using the same quantity of season tickets from 2023-24 and your 2023-24 seat location's price level.

Season ticket holders can choose one of the following options:

1. Pay for your 2024-25 season ticket(s) in full with one transaction
  2. Take advantage of our 8-month payment plan and begin monthly payments
The deadline to renew your season tickets for the priority ticket deadline is May 1, 2024. Payments made towards your 2024-25 season ticket(s) will count for your 2024 Donor Rank.

The priority deadline and Donor Rank lock date is May 1, 2024. Season ticket holders will receive a personalized timeslot on July 1, 2024 to participate in the Men's Basketball seat and parking online selection process. All season ticket holders will need to participate in this process from July 9 - Aug 1 during their assigned date and time to finalize their new season ticket location for 2024-25.

The priority order to select new 2024-25 seats and parking will be based on 'CAF Donor Rank, which is calculated using annual giving from October 1, 2023 – May 1, 2024 and lifetime support to Syracuse Athletics through priority points.

During seat and parking online selection, you will be able to confirm your new seat location and price level. Though your renewal invoice is based on your location price level from 2023-24, your price level may change based on your seat selection for 2024-25.

There is no doubting the enormous impact the JMA Wireless Dome Transformation Project and the installation of chairback seating is having on Syracuse Athletics, the five teams that call this building home, and our loyal fans--like you.

With this in mind, we have created a 2024 Reseating Seat Selection Guide to help answer your questions about the reseat, Donor Rank, how to renew and more. We encourage you to review this resource and reach out to our 'CAF Sales & Service team if you have any questions.

What does the purple zone cost?
Historically, those seats are not been that expensive per se. It is the required (non-tax-deductable) donation that makes them expensive. I have no idea whether that structure will be continued or modified. Charging separately for tickets and a donation made sense before Trump's "tax reform bill" took away the tax deductibility of such donations. Now it seems to make little sense to keep them separate because these "donations" give you no tax credit for a donation to a university.

Historically, those seats are not been that expensive per se. It is the required (non-tax-deductable) donation that makes them expensive. I have no idea whether that structure will be continued or modified. Charging separately for tickets and a donation made sense before Trump's "tax reform bill" took away the tax deductibility of such donations. Now it seems to make little sense to keep them separate because these "donations" give you no tax credit for a donation to a university.
I believe they are credited differently within the University though, with the donation portion going 100% to Athletics and the ticket price split between Athletics and the General Fund.

Just got my reseating guide today and I flipped through it and did some quick searching online and haven't seen this answered anywhere. Say that there is a ticket re-seller who has many seats (I knew of one guy who had upwards of 80 seats throughout the dome for basketball), is there anything in place to keep these folks who will have seriously inflated donor ranks from just buying up all of the best seats that are available to them? Due to their high donor ranks, they should be in pretty good position in the queue.

ETA: I see that they can't go over their 2023-24 quantity, but still doesn't seem to mitigate against those folks from soaking up all prime seats. I guess there may not be that many of them, I don't know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom