2024 Schedule | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

It's supposed to be every 7 years based on the number of weekends between Labor Day and the weekend after Thanksgiving. Apparently there is 1 more weekend every 7 years, so that becomes the season with 2 byes on the schedule.
Plus, next year is Leap Year. That extra day comes in handy. :)

IMG_9202.jpeg
IMG_9203.jpeg

Kansas fans are confident. Unaware that SU’s 2024 team will have very few similarities to the 2023 team. But confident.

I do not care for the idea of playing Lance Leipold and Jalon Daniels but at least it is at home and we will learn something about this team nice and early

I think we learn from the Ohio game too. Yeah, they're MAC, but one of the better MAC teams. They have coaching stability and this will be their Super Bowl.

Early games with a new staff/system are always a worry. Just have to out-talent them while we all get on the same page.

Makes things harder. Still anything less than 7-5 would be a red flag.

I'd probably say without any context, 6-6 is more yellow flag than red. Depends on how we look in the games. Do we improve after a rough start? Do we start better and get worse?

But also need to see how the rest of the transfer recruiting season goes. I don't expect any of the freshman flips to have much impact.

The biggest focus to me is what kind of 2025 recruiting class we can bring in.

I think we learn from the Ohio game too. Yeah, they're MAC, but one of the better MAC teams. They have coaching stability and this will be their Super Bowl.

Early games with a new staff/system are always a worry. Just have to out-talent them while we all get on the same page.
No doubt. Would be very scary if their QB Rourke didn't portal but he must have been scared of me yelling at him in the dome. Understandable.

Makes things harder. Still anything less than 7-5 would be a red flag.
here we go, he was hired first and foremost to improve the talent on the roster, that is clearly being done. Fran will need some time to grow into the HC position, which he will be given. He's a first year HC there are going to be some bumps in the road and all the first year guys aren't going to contribute right away, very few will.

No doubt. Would be very scary if their QB Rourke didn't portal but he must have been scared of me yelling at him in the dome. Understandable.
The Maple Missile -- Rourke

Why are we losing the Army game? Just can't make it work around the new ACC schedule?

Losing @ Army for @ Kansas is a major downgrade to me (though I would contemplate making the trip).

Issue is on Army's end, joining the AAC has forced them to drop most of their OOC games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom