2024 Schedule | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

Army is cancelling most of its' OOC schedule since it's joining the AAC next season.

They're keeping AF and Navy.
Navy is in the AAC so that probably becomes a conference game.

So three straight years of Uconn at Syracuse?

I could be wrong but I believe one of those years the game got moved up at Uconns request. Not sure if its 27 or not but I believe its only a 4 game deal.

Good recovery by SU. Switched an away game to a home game against a relatively attractive opponent.

I am interested in if there will be a return game or not? Hoping since Illinois bailed, this is a one game deal to help the Jayhawks out after the Illini boned them.

That would be impressive ‘big boy’ scheduling. Stuff we just don’t see Syracuse do.

I could be wrong but I believe one of those years the game got moved up at Uconns request. Not sure if its 27 or not but I believe its only a 4 game deal.

Per this, they already had a 4 game deal in place when they added the 2024 game. Obviously something could have changed in the last year, but it sure looks like a 5 game deal now.

Per this, they already had a 4 game deal in place when they added the 2024 game. Obviously something could have changed in the last year, but it sure looks like a 5 game deal now.

Good catch. I think something is up with that game though, will see if I can get any more info on it.

Good recovery by SU. Switched an away game to a home game against a relatively attractive opponent.

I am interested in if there will be a return game or not? Hoping since Illinois bailed, this is a one game deal to help the Jayhawks out after the Illini boned them.

That would be impressive ‘big boy’ scheduling. Stuff we just don’t see Syracuse do.
Could be more Big 12 games in the future.

IMG_9206.jpeg

Good catch. I think something is up with that game though, will see if I can get any more info on it.
I had heard that the 2024 game is essentially a reschedule of the 2027 game and would open up a slot for us to fill in '27. Not sure where that stands.

As someone who has Phog Allen Fieldhouse on my bucket list, offering to return the game if they will schedule a hoops home-and-home would be all sorts of fun.

I think we learn from the Ohio game too. Yeah, they're MAC, but one of the better MAC teams. They have coaching stability and this will be their Super Bowl.

Early games with a new staff/system are always a worry. Just have to out-talent them while we all get on the same page.
The SU game will not be Ohio's Super Bowl. Not by a long shot. That will be at Kentucky 3 weeks later. Ohio will not be impressed by Syracuse, they play P5 teams every year and beat Iowa St this season. I'm also not sure how good they will be as the QB, RB and stud LB are in the portal. But they will still likely be one of the better MAC teams that you can lose to if you don't play well.

I think it has more to do with Army joining the AAC than the changed ACC schedule.
Some input from Army. Looks like they have no room for SU

From Black Knight Nation:
Though the two other non-league games have not yet been announced, information out of Lehigh University have the Mountain Hawks visiting Michie Stadium on Aug. 31 to open the season. Lehigh is an FCS team from the Patriot League.
Black Knight Nation reported several years ago that Army will face Notre Dame next November at Yankee Stadium to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the famous “Four Horsemen” game between the Black Knights and Fighting Irish in 1924. Notre Dame won that game between national powerhouses, 13-7 and famous sportswriter Grantland Rice penned a passage, considered to be among the most famous in sports journalism, about the exploits of the Notre Dame offensive backfield in that game.
Sources say the 2024 game is still on and will be played in late November. Army has lost 15 straight games to Notre Dame, since knocking off the host Irish 14-2 in 1958 when the Black Knights finished 8-0-1 and ranked third in the nation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom