2024 Schedule | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

Give them the home game in 2024, and get two future home games in return.

If we added UMass and you live in, say Albany, you’d have 9 games next year that are less than a 2.5 hour drive.
Agree.

Give UMass a couple of choices.

1) Play Syracuse at home in 2024 as a buy game with a big guarantee. They will make more money doing this than playing Syracuse at home and we all know they desperately need money.

2) Play UMass at Amherst in 2024 provided they agree to two games in Syracuse.

3) Play a one off game at Albany or West Point vs Syracuse in 2024. Neutral site. Albany or West Point. We get 75% of the gate because UMass has no fans.

UMass makes the most money with options 1 and 2.

We shouldn’t play in Amherst without getting 2 home games in return. Period.

Missouri agreed to a home and home because Missouri didn’t want to give UMass $1.5 million for a buy game. They are the first P5 team to agree to play them on their campus.

Sounds like UMass might be more flexible on this if we agreed to a home and home with them in basketball. i don’t see that happening.

If UMass can’t live with any of these options, we have plenty of other options. Schedule Wake Forest or SMU at home in 2024 (I am sure we will need to schedule an away game as well). Or go with one of the other openings out there.

I would be really disappointed if we agree to play UMass in a home and home. No offense, I am sure UMass has a nice campus and the environment at their tiny stadium might well be delightful.

We need to play 7 home games every season we can. The way to do it is to find schools willing to do 2 for 1s. If UMass wants to play us, they will have to pay a price to get us to come there.

If we play UMass, I think it should be on their campus. I like attending away games on the opposing team‘s campus. It’s just a cool way to watch the game.

If we need a stadium with more capacity, I’d like to go to Michie Stadium in West Point. That’s where we’re supposed to be going anyway. I wonder if Army would be amenable if we did it on the weekend they were away?

If we go neutral, and are willing to go to an even smaller stadium, why not Ford Field in Albany? Like Polar Park, it holds about 9500. But it’s about halfway between the two schools. It would be nice to do something for our alums and fans in the capital district area.
I’d really hate the optics of playing at UAlbany. Play at polar park, I like that much better

I’d really hate the optics of playing at UAlbany. Play at polar park, I like that much better
I doubt we will see SU playing in Albany. There is no place there with seating capacity that I know of. I believe it will be a 2 for 1 , In recent years we have played at WMU, Akron, Ohio, so I could see us going to Amherst . ( IMO )

I doubt we will see SU playing in Albany. There is no place there with seating capacity that I know of. I believe it will be a 2 for 1 , In recent years we have played at WMU, Akron, Ohio, so I could see us going to Amherst . ( IMO )
They will not play to fcs teams.

Last I checked, venues were in it to make money. No venue is paying Syracuse and UMass to play a regular season game.

Replace Army with UMass and slot the away and home games in accordingly.

Thinking outside the box if we are having trouble getting someone come to JMA, maybe a neutral site game in Buffalo?

I know thats been a super hard market to get fan interest from but...maybe give it a final try?

If we play UMass, I think it should be on their campus. I like attending away games on the opposing team‘s campus. It’s just a cool way to watch the game.

If we need a stadium with more capacity, I’d like to go to Michie Stadium in West Point. That’s where we’re supposed to be going anyway. I wonder if Army would be amenable if we did it on the weekend they were away?

If we go neutral, and are willing to go to an even smaller stadium, why not Ford Field in Albany? Like Polar Park, it holds about 9500. But it’s about halfway between the two schools. It would be nice to do something for our alums and fans in the capital district area.
Probably not since neither school is connected with the military. Security reasons.

Agree.

Give UMass a couple of choices.

1) Play Syracuse at home in 2024 as a buy game with a big guarantee. They will make more money doing this than playing Syracuse at home and we all know they desperately need money.

2) Play UMass at Amherst in 2024 provided they agree to two games in Syracuse.

3) Play a one off game at Albany or West Point vs Syracuse in 2024. Neutral site. Albany or West Point.

We shouldn’t play in Amherst without getting 2 home games in return. Period.

We need to play 7 home games every season we can. The way to do it is to find schools willing to do 2 for 1s. If UMass wants to play us, they will have to pay a price to get us to come there.
2024 has only 6 home games. In fact, if the 25 and 26 Army games stay, we won't have a chance for 7 home games until 2028:

24- vs Ohio, vs Holy Cross, UConn (neutral or away), Open
25- vs Tennessee (netural), vs UConn, vs Army, at Notre Dame
26- vs New Hampshire, at Army, vs UConn, at Notre Dame
27- at Penn State, at UConn, vs FCS (most likely), Open

Poor scheduling by the AD and the ACC giving us 2 straight at Notre Dame doesn't help.

If we keep UConn as neutral or away and schedule UMass as well, do we bite the bullet for 24 to get 7 games for 26 and 27? I say yes.

If we schedule UMass (and Army games are cancelled) then the agreement should be:
24- at UMass
26- at Cuse
27- at Cuse
25 can substitute Army for an FCS as we don't have one that year.

2024 has only 6 home games. In fact, if the 25 and 26 Army games stay, we won't have a chance for 7 home games until 2028:

24- vs Ohio, vs Holy Cross, UConn (neutral or away), Open
25- vs Tennessee (netural), vs UConn, vs Army, at Notre Dame
26- vs New Hampshire, at Army, vs UConn, at Notre Dame
27- at Penn State, at UConn, vs FCS (most likely), Open

Poor scheduling by the AD and the ACC giving us 2 straight at Notre Dame doesn't help.

If we keep UConn as neutral or away and schedule UMass as well, do we bite the bullet for 24 to get 7 games for 26 and 27? I say yes.

If we schedule UMass (and Army games are cancelled) then the agreement should be:
24- at UMass
26- at Cuse
27- at Cuse
25 can substitute Army for an FCS as we don't have one that year.
Good thoughts.

Pretty sure the 2026 game with ND is actually going to be at Syracuse. Though ND continues to list it as a home game for them.

This is the best place to see future SU football schedules,…

Good thoughts.

Pretty sure the 2026 game with ND is actually going to be at Syracuse. Though ND continues to list it as a home game for them.

This is the best place to see future SU football schedules,…

Won't some of the Notre Dame games be cancelled due to 3 new members. Stanford, Cal, and SMU need to play Notre Dame. So one of those games should go to one of the new schools.

Won't some of the Notre Dame games be cancelled due to 3 new members. Stanford, Cal, and SMU need to play Notre Dame. So one of those games should go to one of the new schools.
Yes. But my understanding is that the ACC schools with the most games scheduled against ND in the future will be the ones most likely to lose them.

We were not high on that list.

They will not play to fcs teams.
Sorry , I thought the earlier post mentioned playing UMass in Albany, I’m aware that a second FCS wouldn’t count as a win so it’s not really an option.

As Rodney Dangerfield said in Caddyshack, we're all gonna get laid.

friends orgy GIF

Or lei’d. Whatever. In any case, there is a claim on a Hawaii message board that Syracuse’s 2024 Army game is being replaced by Hawaii. Allegedly. Allegedly. Allegedly.

Hawaii coming to NY would be interesting
I saw them play at Army a few years ago. It wasn’t especially interesting.

friends orgy GIF

Or lei’d. Whatever. In any case, there is a claim on a Hawaii message board that Syracuse’s 2024 Army game is being replaced by Hawaii. Allegedly. Allegedly. Allegedly.

Having a home game on week 0 during the summer of the seat conversion for the dome could make Pete Sala’s head explode. This could be interesting.

Having a home game on week 0 during the summer of the seat conversion for the dome could make Pete Sala’s head explode. This could be interesting.
No kidding. Would be a last case resort I’d think. And would be a lot cheaper to buy UMass for a game than Hawaii one would think given travel.

IMG_9352.jpeg
Hawaii already has games scheduled for 8/24 and 8/31 so this might be wishful thinking. Unless changes are going to be made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom