2024 Schedule | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

They are insinuating it’s at the dome.
I am assuming this would be a one time buy game for us. I am sure it would be costly but these are the kinds of moves that get you 7 game home schedules.

I would be very happy with this if it indeed happens.

Hawaii finished 2023 5-8 but they were not bad at all. They finished winning 3 out of 4, with wins over Nevada, Air Force and Colorado State. Came close to beating Vandy in their opener as well.

I believe playing in week 0 will give us an extra bye. Also think that the way the months line up in 2024, everyone gets 2 byes. So we would actually get three byes by playing in week 0. Given our long standing issues with depth, this would be a good thing.

We might be looking at a schedule like this…

Week 0 August 24 HAWAII (home)
Week 1 August 31 OHIO (home)
Week 2 September 7 ACC game (away)
Week 3 September 14 BYE
Week 4 September 21 ACC game (away)
Week 5 September 28 HOLY CROSS (home)
Week 6 October 6 ACC game (home)
Week 7 October 13 BYE
Week 8 October 20 ACC game (away)
Week 9 October 27 ACC game (home)
Week 10 November 2 ACC game (home)
Week 11 November 9 BYE
Week 12 November 16 ACC game (home)
Week 13 November 23 UConn (away)
Week 14 November 30 Pitt or BC (away)

Last edited:
Hawaii message board claiming we are playing them.
IMG_9353.jpeg

Good thoughts.

Pretty sure the 2026 game with ND is actually going to be at Syracuse. Though ND continues to list it as a home game for them.

This is the best place to see future SU football schedules,…

Thanks. I usually go off of FBSchedules. The official announcement from ND and the ACC had a new scheduling for 2026-2037. Cuse gets 2 home and 2 road. Looking at ND's 26 schedule and I doubt it's going to be at Cuse. 10 games scheduled for them and it's 5 road, 4 home and 1 neutral:

vs Wisconsin (neutral- Green Bay)
@ Purdue
@ NC
@ Navy
@ USC
@ FSU
vs UVA
vs Michigan St.
vs Syracuse
vs Miami

They schedule 6 home games, so I think we're at ND back to back. One other hope is that they move our 25 to a neutral site as they don't have a neutral game yet, with 6 of their 10 games scheduled at home.

I am pretty sure it has be AT Hawaii for you to get a 13th game if I am interpreting this link correctly.

I think that's correct. Not sure we would want a 13th game anyway?

Unless having UH as a homegame balances out our road trip to UMass...

Thanks. I usually go off of FBSchedules. The official announcement from ND and the ACC had a new scheduling for 2026-2037. Cuse gets 2 home and 2 road. Looking at ND's 26 schedule and I doubt it's going to be at Cuse. 10 games scheduled for them and it's 5 road, 4 home and 1 neutral:

vs Wisconsin (neutral- Green Bay)
@ Purdue
@ NC
@ Navy
@ USC
@ FSU
vs UVA
vs Michigan St.
vs Syracuse
vs Miami

They schedule 6 home games, so I think we're at ND back to back. One other hope is that they move our 25 to a neutral site as they don't have a neutral game yet, with 6 of their 10 games scheduled at home.
more liklely the 25 game will be moved to one of the newbies

I am assuming this would be a one time buy game for us. I am sure it would be costly but these are the kinds of moves that get you 7 game home schedules.

Hawaii finished 2023 5-8 but they were not bad at all. They finished winning 3 out of 4, with wins over Nevada, Air Force and Colorado State. Came close to beating Vandy in their opener as well.

I wonder if a game was discussed when SU was at the Maui Classic. AD Wildhack was in Syracuse hiring a new coach, but Herm Frazier might have been on the job.

I’d love UMass mind you for a game but SU will never play at that small a stadium. I would think they’d stipulate that the bargain involved a real neutral esque stadium.

I’d love to have a hoops game at Cornell and Colgate too but our school won’t do it.
We played at Ohio in front of 20K
UMass would be the same

Aloha folks! Hawaii fan here. To clarify matters, there are actually two Hawaii-related scheduling exemptions.

One is the 13th-game exemption. It allows Hawaii and any school that plays a game at Hawaii at any time during the season to schedule a 13th game.

There’s also the Week Zero exemption, which allows Week Zero games to be played by Hawaii, and by any school that plays a game at Hawaii at any time during the season, and by their Week Zero opponents.

So if Hawaii is in fact replacing Army on Syracuse’s 2024 schedule, the applicability of the exemptions depends on where the game is played.

If Syracuse plays at Hawaii, Syracuse will be allowed to both schedule a 13th game and to play during Week Zero. The game at Hawaii could be Syracuse’s Week Zero game, or Syracuse could play its Week Zero game at home against a different opponent and play at Hawaii later in the season.

If Hawaii plays at Syracuse, the game can be played during Week Zero, but Syracuse won’t be allowed to schedule a 13th game. That’s because Syracuse would qualify for the Week Zero exemption as Hawaii’s Week Zero opponent, but not for the 13th game exemption because it wouldn’t be playing a game at Hawaii.

My understanding is that if the game happens, it will be during Week Zero at Syracuse. This will fulfill Hawaii’s objective of replacing its previously scheduled Week Zero home game against Oregon with a Week Zero road money game against a P4 opponent. Oregon wants out of playing Hawaii to clear room on its schedule for a game with Oregon State, and Hawaii is looking to net a bigger Week Zero payout than it could earn by playing at home in its temporary 15K-seat stadium. (The full-sized replacement for Aloha Stadium, which will seat 25K to 35K depending on the final design, is currently on track to open in the summer of 2028.) And of course Syracuse will benefit by backfilling for the lost road game at Army with a Week Zero home game that should enjoy good media coverage and earn substantial incremental ticket revenue.

Hopefully all that makes sense.

I believe playing in week 0 will give us an extra bye. Also think that the way the months line up in 2024, everyone gets 2 byes. So we would actually get three byes by playing in week 0. Given our long standing issues with depth, this would be a good thing.

We might be looking at a schedule like this…

Week 0 August 24 HAWAII (home)
Week 1 August 31 OHIO (home)
Week 2 September 7 ACC game (away)
Week 3 September 14 BYE
Week 4 September 21 ACC game (away)
Week 5 September 28 HOLY CROSS (home)
Week 6 October 6 ACC game (home)
Week 7 October 13 BYE
Week 8 October 20 ACC game (away)
Week 9 October 27 ACC game (home)
Week 10 November 2 ACC game (home)
Week 11 November 9 BYE