2024 Schedule | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

Is the "only 1 FCS game counts" rule still in effect for bowl eligibility?

In the unlikely event that a non-FCS opponent is scheduled for the extra game:
Would you then get 13 tries to win 6?
Or do you have to win 7 to be 0.500 or better?

Just curious in general, not in regard to our potential situation as I hope/expect we'll qualify with some leeway going forward.

Is the "only 1 FCS game counts" rule still in effect for bowl eligibility?

In the unlikely event that a non-FCS opponent is scheduled for the extra game:
Would you then get 13 tries to win 6?
Or do you have to win 7 to be 0.500 or better?

Just curious in general, not in regard to our potential situation as I hope/expect we'll qualify with some leeway going forward.
I think it still applies. Army went 6-6 this year but wasn't bowl eligible because they beat two FCS opponents.

How crazy would it be if Hawaii hired Dino as an assistant and he shows up in the dome in a Hawaiian shirt on the other sideline???? :cool:
As long as he doesn’t light a cigar?!

I think it still applies. Army went 6-6 this year but wasn't bowl eligible because they beat two FCS opponents.
Army was not bowl eligible. If you play 2 FCS then you need 7 wins. 5 wins must be FBS.

IMG_9394.jpeg

Hawaii, anyone?

If at home then fine. I think going out there and then playing Ohio the next week would be very dangerous. If we play at Hawaii we should try and convince Ohio to change our game to 9/14. Then flip Holy Cross to 8/31 and add that 13th game on 9/7 or 9/28. That seems like a lot of moving around this late in the process though.

If at home then fine. I think going out there and then playing Ohio the next week would be very dangerous. If we play at Hawaii we should try and convince Ohio to change our game to 9/14. Then flip Holy Cross to 8/31 and add that 13th game on 9/7 or 9/28. That seems like a lot of moving around this late in the process though.
Good point. Hawaii is an incredibly long trip for SU would love to have a little extra time between that trip and the next game.

There’s no way we will play AT hawaii

If we’re playing them, it’s going to be week 0 in Cuse

D.A.R.T in action. We need extra rest to prepare for a home game against Ohio??
Think that flight and prep would take a toll on any team the next week not matter the opponent. Also do we know for sure it’s Ohio versus the acc trying to schedule a conference opponent. We had Louisville to start the season two years ago. Could you not see the acc scheduling Miami knowing we just played in Hawaii.

Hell nah. Why does everyone want a 13th game? It makes zero sense

There’s no way we will play AT hawaii

If we’re playing them, it’s going to be week 0 in Cuse

So if we play them week 0 at home, we'll have 3 bye weeks in 2024?

August 24 (week 0) to November 30 (Thanksgiving weekend) is 15 Saturdays.

Yeah, that doesn’t math.

15 weeks - 13 games = 2 bye weeks.

Why would there be a 13th game if we host Hawaii? Thought it was only if you travel to Hawaii.

Yeah, clearly I don’t get the “Hawaii exception” rules.

So - IF we play them @ home week 0, we still only get 12 games?

Then 3 bye weeks makes sense.

Assuming there’s a future away game to Hawaii (not a given, this could be a one-off buy game), then that season we could play 13 games.

I think?

Yeah, clearly I don’t get the “Hawaii exception” rules.

So - IF we play them @ home week 0, we still only get 12 games?

Then 3 bye weeks makes sense.

Assuming there’s a future away game to Hawaii (not a given, this could be a one-off buy game), then that season we could play 13 games.

I think?

See the Danny Noonan thread...

in theory if you have the budget you could travel to Hawaii a week early, and the team would get bowl game with practice out there couldnt they? Then the travel wouldnt be such a huge hit?

If the schedule works in our favor we will have essentially 4 given the FCS game. But with our luck we will get a bye before Holy Cross. Or after Holy Cross.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom