2024 Schedule | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

Yankee Stadium games stink. Met Life is too big. I wouldn't mind playing them in the Yale Bowl just to experience a game there.

If the ACC does ban G5 road games, UConn might be forced to play "neutral" games.
If Ithaca can play at Met Life, I don't see why SU can't do a one off there. I know that was part of the special anniversary of college football year.

IMG_9512.jpeg

If SU is 3-0 vs Ohio then this would be the fourth matchup, wouldn’t it?

Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
Yea verily brother. May the 3 always be with you and thine kine.
And May the 4th also be with you.

UNLV has 12 games scheduled. It comes down to SMU or UMASS. Probably SMU.
I linked an article from a Dallas newpaper in the daily articles today that says SMU has their 12 game schedule fully booked.

We are the last team in the ACC that still hasn't announced their 12 game schedule.

I continue to say it is going to be Hawaii. They still have an opening, and want to play here. I don't see why we would not want to play them either.

I linked an article from a Dallas newpaper in the daily articles today that says SMU has their 12 game schedule fully booked.

We are the last team in the ACC that still hasn't announced their 12 game schedule.

I continue to say it is going to be Hawaii. They still have an opening, and want to play here. I don't see why we would not want to play them either.
Book em Danno !

Because clearly we want to play at UMASS!!

Because clearly we want to play at UMASS!!
Playing at Umass and at UCONN (potentially, or neutral but my point remains) would be so disappointing. Theres very little benefit in playing 2 non power 5 away games in New England.

Is it possible that Syracuse is SMU's 12th game?

Is it possible that Syracuse is SMU's 12th game?
I don't think so. As mentioned above, SMU has a full slate of games for 2024.

This is from an article in the Dallas Morning News from yesterday.

In Week 1 on Aug. 31, SMU will play Houston Christian in a nonconference matchup at Gerald J. Ford Stadium, the ACC announced Monday. The Mustangs’ other nonconference opponents at home are TCU on Sept. 21, likely the last game in the rivalry for the forseeable future, and BYU on a date to be determined. SMU’s lone nonconference road game is at Vanderbilt.

The above are their 4 OOC games. Couple that with 8 ACC conference games and you have 12 games. They have no room at the inn.

I would hope the Dallas Morning News would know about the SMU football schedule.

In Week 1 on Aug. 31, SMU will play Houston Christian in a nonconference matchup at Gerald J. Ford Stadium, the ACC announced Monday. The Mustangs’ other nonconference opponents at home are TCU on Sept. 21, likely the last game in the rivalry for the forseeable future, and BYU on a date to be determined. SMU’s lone nonconference road game is at Vanderbilt.

The above are their 4 OOC games. Couple that with 8 ACC conference games and you have 12 games. They have no room at the inn.

I would hope the Dallas Morning News would know about the SMU football schedule.
Vanderbilt canceled that game against SMU. So they still could be an option

So, that leaves Syracuse, Hawai'i, UMASS and possibly Michagan State. MSU is playing Youngstown State in 2035 so they might play an FCS team in '24. Seems like with SMU out, UMASS would be logical. It would be a lot less costly than a trip to Hawai'i especially when there is already the long trip to CAL.

Vanderbilt canceled that game against SMU. So they still could be an option
Okay, I back down on that. Don't know much about the Dallas Morning News. I assumed it was a reliable source of info on SMU football. I guess not.

Given this, I think I said this before. If we don't play Hawaii, I bet we play SMU.

Both schools are both in a bad place. I am sure the ACC would like an attractive game under conference control that would solve the remaining schedule issues for the conference on one fell swoop. They want this settled by tomorrow.

Maybe they are lobbying like crazy to get Syracuse to agree to a one off with SMU instead of taking the Hawaii opening?

Not sure if it would be better for the ACC and ESPN to get SMU vs Syracuse (only one game to cover) or SMU vs UMass and Syracuse vs Hawaii (two games). It appears UMass is only going to play at home though, so they would control that game, so we are really looking at Syracuse vs Hawaii or Syracuse vs SMU. I can see ESPN greatly preferring that.

SMU has been in some early top 25s. I would much rather play Hawaii. They aren't awful but I think SMU has a much better shot of beating us. If ESPN forces us to play SMU, Syracuse better get the game at home and ESPN better make a special payment to both programs for accommodating their wishes.

Okay, I back down on that. Don't know much about the Dallas Morning News. I assumed it was a reliable source of info on SMU football. I guess not.

Given this, I think I said this before. If we don't play Hawaii, I bet we play SMU.

Both schools are both in a bad place. I am sure the ACC would like an attractive game under conference control that would solve the remaining schedule issues for the conference on one fell swoop. They want this settled by tomorrow.

Maybe they are lobbying like crazy to get Syracuse to agree to a one off with SMU instead of taking the Hawaii opening?

Not sure if it would be better for the ACC and ESPN to get SMU vs Syracuse (only one game to cover) or SMU vs UMass and Syracuse vs Hawaii (two games). It appears UMass is only going to play at home though, so they would control that game, so we are really looking at Syracuse vs Hawaii or Syracuse vs SMU. I can see ESPN greatly preferring that.

SMU has been in some early top 25s. I would much rather play Hawaii. They aren't awful but I think SMU has a much better shot of beating us. If ESPN forces us to play SMU, Syracuse better get the game at home and ESPN better make a special payment to both programs for accommodating their wishes.
The Dallas Morning News is a great source and the top newspaper in the city. SMU is no longer an option, schedule is fully set with the addition of the Houston Christian game. Also, Vandy is not an option as their schedule is also fully set.

I think it's Hawaii or bust at this juncture.

The Dallas Morning News is a great source and the top newspaper in the city. SMU is no longer an option, schedule is fully set with the addition of the Houston Christian game. Also, Vandy is not an option as their schedule is also fully set.

4 game Coach Mac series with UMASS. 1 game at the McGuirk, 2 at JMA and 1 at Fenway.

As was mentioned, Vanderbilt cancelled their game with SMU. SMU has an opening.

As was mentioned, Vanderbilt cancelled their game with SMU. SMU has an opening.
If you believe fbschedules, Vandy has twelve games booked for 2024 and SMU is not one of them. They replaced SMU with Georgia State.

Don't know how the Dallas newspaper missed this. Either they dropped the ball here or a lot of other people are wrong about the SMU-Vandy game.

If you believe fbschedules, Vandy has twelve games booked for 2024 and SMU is not one of them. They replaced SMU with Georgia State.

Don't know how the Dallas newspaper missed this. Either they dropped the ball here or a lot of other people are wrong about the SMU-Vandy game.

Vanderbilt's football site lists their games. Full slate and SMU is not on there. Not sure how the Morning News didn't fact check.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom