2024 Schedule | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

Ohio will be sneaky tough week 1, but we should prevail.

Georgia Tech will be good. Thankfully it's in the Dome. Should be a real good measuring stick game early.

NC State on the road after a tough game at UNLV will be tough.

After that it would come down to Miami, although VaTech started figuring things out last year, as did BC.

I can see 8-4 and can also see 10-2.

Which means we will go 6-6 and pitch forks will be out in force.

I stayed at the Delano when I went out there for the ND game in 2022 (I didn't go to the game, but friends did. I went to the pool and drank $50 buckets of beer like a responsible adult). It was great and obviously super convenient to get to the stadium. Plus, with the tram stop right at Mandalay, it made getting to the busier part of the strip fairly easy.
Im staying at Delano in March for the first weekend of the tournament. Prices get jacked up that weekend and I really like a suite in Vegas and Delano is definitely the best value for a really nice suite on a nice property.

Cosmo is my favorite hotel though, so that’s where I’ll be if or the game.

Aug. 31 Ohio W
Sept. 7 Georgia Tech * L
Sept. 14 OPEN
Sept. 20 Stanford * (Fri.) W
Sept. 28 Holy Cross W
Oct. 5 at UNLV L
Oct. 12 at NC State * L
Oct. 19 OPEN
Oct. 24 at Pitt * (Thur.) W
Nov. 2 Virginia Tech * W
Nov. 9 at Boston College * W
Nov. 16 at Cal * W
Nov. 23 UConn W
Nov. 30 Miami * L

Aug. 31 Ohio W
Sept. 7 Georgia Tech W
Sept. 14 OPEN
Sept. 20 Stanford W
Sept. 28 Holy Cross W
Oct. 5 at UNLV W
Oct. 12 at NC State L
Oct. 19 OPEN
Oct. 24 at Pitt W
Nov. 2 Virginia Tech W
Nov. 9 at Boston College W
Nov. 16 at Cal L
Nov. 23 UConn W
Nov. 30 Miami W

Last thing I’ll say on Vegas hotels is that Allegiant stadium is walkable from the SOUTH strip (mgm, NY NY, etc). It’s a hike from central or north strip imo

We have no idea how our team will perform on the field.
Fran and company have proven themselves to be great recruiters.
They haven't proven they can organize, game plan, game manage, etc. yet.
Excuse me if I don't believe without evidence.

Last thing I’ll say on Vegas hotels is that Allegiant stadium is walkable from the SOUTH strip (mgm, NY NY, etc). It’s a hike from central or north strip imo

Very true, but if you're staying mid strip you can jump the free tram taking you from the Bellagio to Park MGM, walk through NYNY, cross the street and jump the other free tram to Luxor or Mandalay bay to get to the stadium.

Mid strip might be a good idea for first timers, as it gives you the option to explore in either direction, without trying to walk the length of the strip lol

i know a bunch of Miami people that have been waiting for ever to get back up here and now wont be coming. that is the worst game possible for a travel team.. No Miami fans and no students and half the locals will struggle to come

i know a bunch of Miami people that have been waiting for ever to get back up here and now wont be coming. that is the worst game possible for a travel team.. No Miami fans and no students and half the locals will struggle to come

Sounds like a bunch of lames. Cuse fans don't seem to have a problem traveling around thanksgiving to see their teams play.

Sounds like a bunch of lames. Cuse fans don't seem to have a problem traveling around thanksgiving to see their teams play.
When was the last time SU traveled to a place with no alums on thanksgiving weekend?

Prices are thru the roof if its not a driveable game.

We dont even get a good crowd at home for that weekend much of the time.

I was really disappointed that we lost an away game at Army. I had been looking forward to it for years.
Me too. I had it all planned out that I wanted to do one of those river cruises from Manhattan up to West Point and back. I'm glad the replacement game is something cool and not like Stony Brook in the Dome in front of 20k.

Second year in a row where most of our home games are in September (8/31 is close enough) with none in October.

Glad to have the seventh game though!

Overall really liking this schedule.

When was the last time SU traveled to a place with no alums on thanksgiving weekend?

Prices are thru the roof if its not a driveable game.

We dont even get a good crowd at home for that weekend much of the time.

I've never heard anyone in my group say "Man, I'd go to that game, but there's not too many alums that live in the area. I ONLY GO PLACES WITH ALUMS!"

I know it's basketball, but they just did Hawaii, Bahamas twice in the last 8 years.

The football team was in Boston in 2022 and 2018.

I've never heard anyone in my group say "Man, I'd go to that game, but there's not too many alums that live in the area. I ONLY GO PLACES WITH ALUMS!"

I know it's basketball, but they just did Hawaii, Bahamas twice in the last 8 years.

The football team was in Boston in 2022 and 2018.
Boston is a destination.. to Miami fans Syracuse is not.. and they didnt travel in Droves from Miami to Boston either.

I was told they had some big travel plans for the first time back to SU In years.. They have already been scrapped.

The weather could suck. The flying and hotel cost will be bad

SU fans travel pretty well.. but look at local SU games.. What was the last team that came in force? Clemson?

Bills fans were all over in Miami, how many were up here that traveled?

Boston is a destination.. to Miami fans Syracuse is not.. and they didnt travel in Droves from Miami to Boston either.

I was told they had some big travel plans for the first time back to SU In years.. They have already been scrapped.

SU fans travel pretty well.. but look at local SU games.. What was the last team that came in force? Clemson?

I don’t disagree with you but I only know one Miami fan, my cousin’s husband who is a Miami alumn. They both live in Charlotte and are excited to possibly come up for the game. My cousin is from New Jersey, he’s from NC.

They’ve never visited here before so really hoping they make the trip. He has expressed interest in coming.

You better not let JAB hear you say Syracuse isn’t a destination! ;)

Miami home games aren’t even a destination for Miami fans

Rachel Dratch Television GIF by Saturday Night Live

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom