2024 Seating Changes | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

That used to happen in our aisle also - people sneaking in or being invited in, to squish everyone just for them to sit where they didn’t have tickets.
That’s why I paid for seatbacks. I use to kick peeps out of my seats since I have 4 and I was only occupying two. They thought they could just sit there. The usher told them different when they refused get out of them…. Happened more than once. It’s only thing if they ask but just sitting down is rude.

Since we want more NIL money.. Do we create a pool for when the donor rankings actually reflect real status, and we direct 95% of the money to the NIL initiative?

Nothing on the Donor ranking has changed since January. My ticket reps said to hold off buying or donations until the updates happen and now we are down to only a couple weeks left in March.

Nothing on the Donor ranking has changed since January. My ticket reps said to hold off buying or donations until the updates happen and now we are down to only a couple weeks left in March.
When I purchased my season tickets and did the payment plan, I only got incremental for my donor rank equal to the payment plan and I've seen it in my account for two months straight. It gives me concern, as it means my donor rank is compared to others, even though it is even more from last year. I'm not a big boy, but I pay a lot for my seats. The longevity too stuff from last year when it only shows up to 2019, and says is going to be updated by May is bullshit too. Pretty pathetic imo that we got inaccurate stats, when there should be none. If that is how the SU athletic department wants to operate.

They have pretty crappy information systems personnel on this backend, and bad communications. I don't want another mail flier about what is going on either. This is a business just like any other, and they need to get their together and have any, and all IS platforms communicate the same message as their other ones. It is basically unacceptable in my eyes, and since SU is a private university, and is essentially a business, to string all the fans out like this and especially season ticket holders on 'waiting it will come' does not produce a product worthy of the entire athletics department nor that of any other business or corporation, as that is what they are.

TO 'PRE BUY' upfront for our seats and then told it is basically a lottery is unacceptable. SU needs to really get their in gear, otherwise there are going to be a lot that just buy a 20 dollar seat where mine is per game. After all, I can never even sell mine for that much at all when I don't attend. Instead I get Ticketmaster premiums, and a note on anytime I try to sell it that 'this is resale' and implies I'm trying to profit, meanwhile the seat next to me sells for 50% less. Pretty much unacceptable as a season ticket holder and something needs to be done. What it is, I don't know. But, anything I suggest or complain about doesn't matter to SU, nor your concerns I think at this point.

*** End Tantrum***

Aaron

When I purchased my season tickets and did the payment plan, I only got incremental for my donor rank equal to the payment plan and I've seen it in my account for two months straight. It gives me concern, as it means my donor rank is compared to others, even though it is even more from last year. I'm not a big boy, but I pay a lot for my seats. The longevity too stuff from last year when it only shows up to 2019, and says is going to be updated by May is bullshit too. Pretty pathetic imo that we got inaccurate stats, when there should be none. If that is how the SU athletic department wants to operate.

They have pretty crappy information systems personnel on this backend, and bad communications. I don't want another mail flier about what is going on either. This is a business just like any other, and they need to get their together and have any, and all IS platforms communicate the same message as their other ones. It is basically unacceptable in my eyes, and since SU is a private university, and is essentially a business, to string all the fans out like this and especially season ticket holders on 'waiting it will come' does not produce a product worthy of the entire athletics department nor that of any other business or corporation, as that is what they are.

TO 'PRE BUY' upfront for our seats and then told it is basically a lottery is unacceptable. SU needs to really get their in gear, otherwise there are going to be a lot that just buy a 20 dollar seat where mine is per game. After all, I can never even sell mine for that much at all when I don't attend. Instead I get Ticketmaster premiums, and a note on anytime I try to sell it that 'this is resale' and implies I'm trying to profit, meanwhile the seat next to me sells for 50% less. Pretty much unacceptable as a season ticket holder and something needs to be done. What it is, I don't know. But, anything I suggest or complain about doesn't matter to SU, nor your concerns I think at this point.

*** End Tantrum***

Aaron
I was told there will be an update tomorrow (March 18th).

Scroll down some for us...

My prejudice going in: they're overthinking things.

Conclusion once the laughter over the existence of an "executive senior associate athletic director for external affairs" stopped: yeah, they're overthinking things.

A friend do mine told me they got a reseating guide form the school 2 weeks ago. Anyone else get one? I didn’t

No matter the reason, why go 2 months with no updates.

If people donate money, they want to see it reflected in the acct even when it doesn't mean as much as it does now.

If I buy my season tickets, I want to see it show up as well.

Priority pts matter, the longer they wait the more complaints they might get last minute to deal with as well.

We have many long time STH on this board who have no idea what pts they will apply.

it's not like they are actively reaching out to each of us to let us know what # of years they have done. If they are no one here is talking about it.

No matter the reason, why go 2 months with no updates.

If people donate money, they want to see it reflected in the acct even when it doesn't mean as much as it does now.

If I buy my season tickets, I want to see it show up as well.

Priority pts matter, the longer they wait the more complaints they might get last minute to deal with as well.

We have many long time STH on this board who have no idea what pts they will apply.

it's not like they are actively reaching out to each of us to let us know what # of years they have done. If they are no one here is talking about it.
Agree 100%.

I have had football season tickets for 32 years and make a monthly donation to the CAF. My current donor rank is based upon my monthly giving from 1/1/23 - 3/1/24 so it needs to be updated ASAP since the new seat donor rank will be for the time period 10/1/23 - 5/1/24.

I was told once my account is updated I will need to make a sizable one-time donation to the CAF before 5/1/24 to have the “best chance” of keeping the seats I have had for the past 32 years.

I have no clue how much of a donation is needed to keep my current donor rank and we are less than 45 days away from the donor rank being locked.

My other concern is if I make a sizable donation next month will they update my donor rank before 5/1/24?

On the flip side. Maybe they did update it, and we are seeing mistakes?

just saying.

I just wish I saw some value for my payment in full renewal, beyond the "you may have a chance to get the seats you have had for years"

in the months they have planned it they could have done a general census of us and asked who wants to try and stay near the location they have now.