2024 Seating Changes | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Not really the point. It's like people who design furniture, but never actually sit on it, to see if it's comfortable or not. If you're going to spend however many millions they are spending, then why not see if the way they are doing it is going to be acceptable to the end user? That's like building the interior instruments in a car without ever sitting the drivers' seat to seat if the placement makes sense and is comfortable.
It’s exactly the point. There are options. And opinions were solicited. If the arm rest bothers you, sit upstairs.

It was a difficult balance between seat amenities and the impact on capacity reduction. If you asked me what I wanted for my seat, I would have chosen a plush, over sized massaging recliner with a beer tap integrated in the arm rest and a built in urinal. Don’t think they could have done that without reducing the capacity to about 12.

Last edited:
It’s exactly the point. There are options. And opinions were solicited. If the arm rest bothers you, sit upstairs.

It was a difficult balance between seat amenities and the impact on capacity reduction. If you asked me what I wanted for my seat, I would have chosen a plush, offer sized massaging recliner with a beer tap integrated in the arm rest and a built in urinal. Don’t think they could have done that without reducing the capacity to about 12.
Exactly. If people want luxury, buy a courtside seat or buck up and get a private box. People forget we are not the Lakers or UK. We are Syracuse. There has to be some concessions to be made.

So longevity is worth about $500 a yr..

The next trick is how accurate they are with keeping track.

I have emails going back 16 yrs.. That pretty much maxes out the pts.

So those with multiple sports get an extra bonus.
Good luck on counting anything past 2019, apparently they don't view anything pre-covid or before 'mycuse'

one reason i don't delete emails. I have the order confirmations going back 16 yrs. When we switched from Eudora to outlook I lost a few years of backup.

Good luck on counting anything past 2019, apparently they don't view anything pre-covid or before 'mycuse'
Did you not renew your seasons one year? Why would they not be counting 20 years back like they said?

My IQ dropped reading this thread today...and most of you know I can't spare any wasted IQs. I'm getting dangerously close to FSU fan IQ level.

I'm at the point where I think every individual seat should be a La-Z-boy faux leather recliner.

I bet you can get a great deal buying in bulk off the right quote starved salesperson.

No but I may or may not have been part of helping Cuse beat Wyoming back in the dark days of GRob.
Ah, the infamous Wyoming game.

Did bad things happen that game? Yes.

Were lines crossed that should not have been crossed? Yes.

Did we get the win? Yes.

The ends justify the means. Somebody said that once. Probably an obnoxious and abusive football fan.

Anyway, I can’t talk about this further. The file on the Wyoming game was closed permanently some years ago.

They agreed to not pursue charges against two alleged perpetrators who may or may not have looked like TexanMark and me.

We agreed to not enter the great state of Wyoming for the next 100 years.

I think it was a fair deal. Let’s move on. And if a Wyoming coach on that staff ever shows up at a SyraCruz@ tailgate, I will apologize and fetch them a cold one.

Fascinating really
Agree. This thread is something else. We become the second ACC football facility to convert to all individual seats. Who would have ever thought Syracuse would be so progressive making their facilities fan friendly compared to some of the other schools in the conference?

Yes we have a bunch of people complaining bitterly about how bad it is to get more comfortable seats. To make it easier to get to and from your seat during a game.

If you have a weight problem or intimacy issues, don’t sit in the upper deck. You get two more inches of space if you sit in the 100 or 200 level seats.

If you hate arm rests, get a seat on the 300 level. If you love them, get a seat on the 100 or 200 levels.

If you really want space, splurge for a seat in the fat cat area, where the seats are 21 inches wide and super cushy.

Bottom line, everyone is going to get a more comfortable seat. I was just at Kenan Stadium in Chapel Hill for the SU game there last fall and the new seats we are getting are better than the ones they have. More comfortable, wider and a color respectable adults can sit in without shame.

Come football season, we Syracuse fans will have AC, comfy individual seats, the best Wi-Fi and scoreboards in college football and a fresh new staff that must might be the most hot and cutting edge staff in the country.

I for one am excited to enjoy what should be the best game day fan experience in the country.

Last edited:
Agree. This thread is something else. We become the second ACC football facility to convert to all individual seats. Who would have ever thought Syracuse would be so progressive making their facilities fan friendly compared to some of the other schools in the conference?

Yes we have a bunch of people complaining bitterly about how bad it is to get more comfortable seats. To make it easier to get to and from your seat during a game.

If you have a weight problem or intimacy issues, don’t sit in the upper deck. You get two more inches of space if you sit in the 100 or 200 level seats.

If you hate arm rests, get a seat on the 300 level. If you love them, get a seat on the 100 or 200 levels.

If you really want space, splurge for a seat in the fat cat area, where the seats are 21 inches wide and super cushy.

Bottom line, everyone is going to get a more comfortable seat. I was just at Kenan Stadium in Chapel Hill for the SU game there last fall and the new seats we are getting are better than the ones they have. More comfortable, wider and a color respectable adults can sit in without shame.

Come football season, we Syracuse fans will have AC, comfy individual seats, the best Wi-Fi and scoreboards in college football and a fresh new staff that must might be the most hot and cutting edge staff in the country.

I for one am excited to enjoy what should be the best game day fan experience in the country.

Tomcat nails it, per usual

By the way do we know officially which sections have which seat sizes? I saw it posted earlier in this thread it was 19 inch wide 300s and 21 in 200 and 100s. The JMA website faqs I believe say 18 wide and 20. Also does the color code in the 300 level change seat widths? So if I buy Red 301 section am I getting the wider seat? I appreciate any clarity here. Thanks!

By the way do we know officially which sections have which seat sizes? I saw it posted earlier in this thread it was 19 inch wide 300s and 21 in 200 and 100s. The JMA website faqs I believe say 18 wide and 20. Also does the color code in the 300 level change seat widths? So if I buy Red 301 section am I getting the wider seat? I appreciate any clarity here. Thanks!

It could be 18 and 20

All of the seats on each level will be 100% the same no matter the section

The only spot where that will differ will be in the 100 level in the super premium seats

My IQ dropped reading this thread today...and most of you know I can't spare any wasted IQs. I'm getting dangerously close to FSU fan IQ level.
Relax, you're not even at NCS level yet:)

I heard 19 and 21...but maybe Cuse went with a different chair????

Not sure about 301 seats being wider than 18 or 19"

Who said Cuse fans are unrealistic?
A very normal ask above.

I would have asked for Dome heating and cooling climate controls at our seats
And sound system control.

Wait, while that started as a joke, maybe the answer is a set of headphones at each seat to give each fan control of the house sound. I'm on to something here!!

And sound system control.

Wait, while that started as a joke, maybe the answer is a set of headphones at each seat to give each fan control of the house sound. I'm on to something here!!
Don’t forget USB and power for a phones and laptops….. you know what it sounds like our seats may shrink and we are in a airplane now.

I think we just hit that level now.

Don’t forget USB and power for a phones and laptops….. you know what it sounds like our seats may shrink and we are in a airplane now.
Speaking of airlines, since many are up in "arms" about the armrests, get the ones that lift up, so they are not in the way.

I dislike benches and am a Karen when it comes to seating. Benches promote people trying to sneak "just one more" in. No I won't just sit over here where there's more room, get the F out of my seat.
That used to happen in our aisle also - people sneaking in or being invited in, to squish everyone just for them to sit where they didn’t have tickets.