2024 Seating Changes | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

I never had a problem with the bench seats at all, I was hoping for the drink holders…….. It’s third down , I set down my beer on the cement under my seat so I can stand and clap and cheer, next thing I know there is a small steam headed downward towards the folks in the row below me. Happened more then once in my years.

I never had a problem with the bench seats at all, I was hoping for the drink holders…….. It’s third down , I set down my beer on the cement under my seat so I can stand and clap and cheer, next thing I know there is a small steam headed downward towards the folks in the row below me. Happened more then once in my years.
That was you?

the worst part about seats is that with the bench you can get your dome dog and Ginger ale and set it next to you on the empty bench. Not so easy with seats and the less flat surface.

Also you could hide your drink below the bench when people walk by, now the seats will flip up and people will kick the drinks over..

I wonder if they make a portable spring loaded cup holder device?
I'm old enough to remember the dome foam paper cups. They disintegrated in your hand and spilled naturally

Same. Seats up there will just get in the way

My personal opinion which doesn’t count for much…

Was for them to do just the “seat back” cushions that they have for all of the 300 level. Just install them permanently up there.

It wouldn’t have reduced any seating, it probably would have cut costs and would have been installed quicker

I think most people in the 300s would have been happy with that.

I believe the 300 level with the new seats will be a bit tight

Syracuse claims a majority of people wanted to get rid of the benches

I’m not so sure that’s accurate

I also think if they polled people and asked if it meant losing their seats forever or having benches they would take the benches in a heart beat

Was for them to do just the “seat back” cushions that they have for all of the 300 level. Just install them permanently up there.

It wouldn’t have reduced any seating, it probably would have cut costs and would have been installed quicker

I currently have the seat backs.Only problem is, the old lady behind me has the boniest knee caps ever!

I agree, they over thought the whole seat thing in the upperdeck. People always could bring in their own and many did,, Then they offered them for rent and those that cared did that,.

I’m probably in the minority, but as a large person I don’t like the Orange seat cushions, felt like they gave me less leg room, never ordered them for my seats

Syracuse claims a majority of people wanted to get rid of the benches

I’m not so sure that’s accurate

I also think if they polled people and asked if it meant losing their seats forever or having benches they would take the benches in a heart beat
go to a game at Lynah and see what real tight benches seem like,, the Dome is a dream compared to that,

I’m probably in the minority, but as a large person I don’t like the Orange seat cushions, felt like they gave me less leg room, never ordered them for my seats

They definitely decrease the leg room

It’ll be interesting to see how the seats fit with leg room

The dome was designed and constructed for benches…

Retro fitting seats in it could be more cramped than they think….

For example, at UNC the leg room is VERY cramped…

If you’ve ever been to a Binghamton University Basketball game in the event center you’ll find the actual seats to be incredibly uncomfortable, especially if you are over 6’ tall

It would be hard to sit in those seats for an entirety of football game

I am a bit nervous about how they will fit

wont these new seats be even tighter though? a bit wider but less front to back?

I actually don’t mind the bench seats either

They definitely decrease the leg room

It’ll be interesting to see how the seats fit with leg room

The dome was designed and constructed for benches…

Retro fitting seats in it could be more cramped than they think….

For example, at UNC the leg room is VERY cramped…

If you’ve ever been to a Binghamton University Basketball game in the event center you’ll find the actual seats to be incredibly uncomfortable, especially if you are over 6’ tall

It would be hard to sit in those seats for an entirety of football game

I am a bit nervous about how they will fit
Not that preparing for things is a strong suit.. But we have had thousands of empty seats .. They could have put a row or 2 in the dome any time the last 3-4 yrs and had people try them out and see what the reaction was?

Not that preparing for things is a strong suit.. But we have had thousands of empty seats .. They could have put a row or 2 in the dome any time the last 3-4 yrs and had people try them out and see what the reaction was?

You would think….

They were supposed to be some at the start of football season on the concourse…

They never appeared by the end of season…..

I actually don’t mind the bench seats either
I wonder what a real survey would have said on the subject had it included all the what happens if they do it ?

you can get seats and lose spots and leg room

you can get cup holders and have less room

you can get seats with no arm rests or cup holders and lose spots and get less leg room

who would vote for that one

You would think….

They were supposed to be some at the start of football season on the concourse…

They never appeared by the end of season…..
my theory is they still haven't ordered any and they will not show up at the same speed the wifi got installed..

and now they realized the order is too late and the only color is WV yellow.

I wonder what a real survey would have said on the subject had it included all the what happens if they do it ?

you can get seats and lose spots and leg room

you can get cup holders and have less room

you can get seats with no arm rests or cup holders and lose spots and get less leg room

who would vote for that one

Yes I think people automatically assumed if they get individual seats they’ll be exponentially more comfortable

They won’t….if anything they’re going to be less comfortable

my theory is they still haven't ordered any and they will not show up at the same speed the wifi got installed..

and now they realized the order is too late and the only color is WV yellow.

lol I’ve been told they had them on order for awhile but it did get pushed with Covid setbacks and what not

We will see……I could see us all walking into the dome Sept of 24 and having half of the dome seats and half of the dome bleachers

It’s also important to note that Ottos army doesn’t want to have individual seats and wants the benches to remain

However thats a tall task to ask them to not do a few sections of individual seats so they will be getting individual seats

it wouldn't be the worst thing if the lower bowl got the seatbacks first. Let them be the guinea pigs before they install them up in 320.

Yes I think people automatically assumed if they get individual seats they’ll be exponentially more comfortable

They won’t….if anything they’re going to be less comfortable
considering the number in the dome that will trying to squeeze coats and extra lbs into a seat for bball.

one good thing its not like some places where when the seat pops up and your crap falls down in the cracks it goes down under a bleacher 20 ft.

lol I’ve been told they had them on order for awhile but it did get pushed with Covid setbacks and what not

We will see……I could see us all walking into the dome Sept of 24 and having half of the dome seats and half of the dome bleachers
I am at a loss as to why they are not getting a head start and installing the seats in end zone seats not used for basketball.

My rep didn't even show up for my lounge meeting. Said he had an emergency in Club 44 and would touch base with me about the new seating. That was Labor Day weekend.
Your lucky you heard back. I filled out the form right after it was sent out with my two preferred games to meet with the rep and never heard anything back.