2024 Seating Changes | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Thirty years of season tickets, 5 seats a season. Doesn’t mean squat
it means you had 100 + pts though.. That moves you about half way up whatever donor level you were in. moving from 8 to 7 would have jumped 2500+ people

I think its best to make your pick relatively quickly once your up. Certainly taking more then 5 mins is fine but if your picking in the later groups especially, I wouldn't recommend waiting hours or a day to make a choice because inventory will be moving quickly and seats you may have wanted will now be off the board. I would recommend having 2 or 3 general areas your comfortable with going into the slot so if A and B options are gone you can pivot to C. I expect my current seats to be available to me as I have a fairly good select date but I also have a backup plan in mind if for some reason they're not available.
yup.. And all the more reason it would be nice if you could start to see what is happening before your picking window opens. Especially for people with larger groups of tickets they want to keep together.

Another thing is that 20-25K or so will be bought in this process. if you had lower bowl and are not in the first half of this odds go down you will get close to what you had. On the other hand, 3 tickets in the lower bowl jumps you to level 7 and probably inside the top 2000 people. 4+ tickets would have put you a small donation to level and inside the top 1000 people.

I would think the majority of the top half of people are from lower bowl seats or upperdeck inside the 20s and probably looking to repeat that process.

yup.. And all the more reason it would be nice if you could start to see what is happening before your picking window opens. Especially for people with larger groups of tickets they want to keep together.

Another thing is that 20-25K or so will be bought in this process. if you had lower bowl and are not in the first half of this odds go down you will get close to what you had. On the other hand, 3 tickets in the lower bowl jumps you to level 7 and probably inside the top 2000 people. 4+ tickets would have put you a small donation to level and inside the top 1000 people.

I would think the majority of the top half of people are from lower bowl seats or upperdeck inside the 20s and probably looking to repeat that process.
That math seems a tad iffy.

it means you had 100 + pts though.. That moves you about half way up whatever donor level you were in. moving from 8 to 7 would have jumped 2500+ people
I dropped 1000 places in a month

I'm confused bees, so does the window just mean that's when we get first crack at it exclusively? Then after the window we can just pick at anytime?

As others said that is correct.

There's likely to be more lower bowl available then you think. I know plenty of people picking relatively early who prefer to sit up top because they like the view better. Now certainly some of the sections are going to go quickly, if your hoping for an aisle seat on the 30 yard half way up in the 1st level and are picking mid June your gonna be SOL. That said if your not overly particular I think you should be able to get a seat in the lower bowl if that's what you really want. Getting a seat next to the tunnel or an aisle seat is probably out if your picking later but the lower bowl itself is gonna have more inventory then you think.

What's unclear at this point if how many people in a section currently want to move within it. That's where the real potential could occur and cause some chaos. If a person in say 127 or 128 who sat in the middle jumps to an aisle seat bumping someone out that can cause a chain reaction that can spill over for weeks. Ditto for someone who is say on the goaline who jumps over to say the 10, those are the real unknowns and why a lot of us donated more to bump up our ranks.

Do the dollars and priority points look correct?
T
There's likely to be more lower bowl available then you think. I know plenty of people picking relatively early who prefer to sit up top because they like the view better. Now certainly some of the sections are going to go quickly, if your hoping for an aisle seat on the 30 yard half way up in the 1st level and are picking mid June your gonna be SOL. That said if your not overly particular I think you should be able to get a seat in the lower bowl if that's what you really want. Getting a seat next to the tunnel or an aisle seat is probably out if your picking later but the lower bowl itself is gonna have more inventory then you think.

What's unclear at this point if how many people in a section currently want to move within it. That's where the real potential could occur and cause some chaos. If a person in say 127 or 128 who sat in the middle jumps to an aisle seat bumping someone out that can cause a chain reaction that can spill over for weeks. Ditto for someone who is say on the goaline who jumps over to say the 10, those are the real unknowns and why a lot of us donated more to bump up our ranks.
I Agree...

My level was 7, but I bumped it to 6 with a 200 dollar donation, honestly it only needed to be 156 as I give to the fund for others.

The issue really is if someone wants to move and it looks like honestly the end zone seats and the 3rd (300 level) are the real issues from a lot of changes. And those are the ones I think have been wronged the most with no recompense.

It use to be that the entry split the levels on the 300 tiers, but now it is from stairs to stairs. For example I was in what is now 336, but a 335/336 previously... Now it is moved over 10 yards between the stairs, and now it is literally cheaper than it was last year... And where I sat before only 8 rows up, is now affordable directly bench level on the edge. I've always had end row seats, so a lot of what has been said plays into all of this for many. For me to sit higher to the middle is really not an option, as I was happy I have the seats I have now. But, that may not be a choice now...

In all I think the real people at a loss are those that sat in the End Zone Areas. To swap them and then have to rechoose seats was wrong. They should have just allowed them to have the same seats on the other side, especially the lower level band/visitor area on the 100 areas.

Aaron

Yup. anecdotally I’ve heard from a bunch of folks who want to relocate during the process to see the game somewhere else too. Some will go from down to up. May even buy cheaper seats too. So you’re going to have some of that. It all has an impact. Folks should just focus on getting quality seats that fit their needs vs the number of the section. There are very few bad seats in the dome.

what part?

How many tickets do we think on avg people have?
How many seats are left in the lower bowl once you remove the student/band areas?
Well I have had 4 tickets and added 6 more for total of 10. My number is 1720 I believe. I have donated through the year to level 6 status.

Well I have had 4 tickets and added 6 more for total of 10. My number is 1720 I believe. I have donated through the year to level 6 status.
My number is is 1742, and I have 4 tickets, but they cost 400 bucks a pop. and I've had the seats that use to be ~350 last year for a while, as well as seatbacks... so my punch card for renewal with the increase was the same this year. Except the parking which will push that over.

T

I Agree...

My level was 7, but I bumped it to 6 with a 200 dollar donation, honestly it only needed to be 156 as I give to the fund for others.

The issue really is if someone wants to move and it looks like honestly the end zone seats and the 3rd (300 level) are the real issues from a lot of changes. And those are the ones I think have been wronged the most with no recompense.

It use to be that the entry split the levels on the 300 tiers, but now it is from stairs to stairs. For example I was in what is now 336, but a 335/336 previously... Now it is moved over 10 yards between the stairs, and now it is literally cheaper than it was last year... And where I sat before only 8 rows up, is now affordable directly bench level on the edge. I've always had end row seats, so a lot of what has been said plays into all of this for many. For me to sit higher to the middle is really not an option, as I was happy I have the seats I have now. But, that may not be a choice now...

In all I think the real people at a loss are those that sat in the End Zone Areas. To swap them and then have to rechoose seats was wrong. They should have just allowed them to have the same seats on the other side, especially the lower level band/visitor area on the 100 areas.

Aaron
I think you get my angst

My number is is 1742, and I have 4 tickets, but they cost 400 bucks a pop. and I've had the seats that use to be ~350 last year for a while, as well as seatbacks... so my punch card for renewal with the increase was the same this year. Except the parking which will push that over.
I had the end zone that is getting flipped for student section. Row 2 on aisle.
I dropped quite a few spots in the last month. Was a tad over 1k then to 1444 then to 1720.

I dropped quite a few spots in the last month. Was a tad over 1k then to 1444 then to 1720.
I'm not an end zone person, but my friend is, and I think it is complete ** on that move by SU for those. Some perspectives and experiences are best served in the end zone, and while I agree students should have that opportunity, and the band has to be close too.. there could have been a better way on how the endzone swap and student section swap happened for ticket holders in those areas overall. I'm not a football experts as I'm a Redskins fan, but I'm pretty sure we don't need to increase the student section capacity since it has been empty every game(relatively) on those upper levels for many games in the past years.

1720 means about 1000 people buying tickets

in the last month 30-40% of the people renewed so i would think you would drop.
By moving from 8 to 7 alone thats 3000 peopl in one group you pass by
Where do priority points factor in? I have a feeling they mean Jack sh&*

Thirty years of season tickets, 5 seats a season. Doesn’t mean squat
What are your priority points, and level? I have a feeling it was always about the level, and then the point within still... Regardless if you gave 100k over 10 years, for those priority points, versus the 2k this year in a level higher than you.

Where do priority points factor in? I have a feeling they mean Jack sh&*

In the past priority points was the pecking order in the level. But, it seemed like it was about how to select the seats... I don't think that is the case.. I think it is still about level, and then points. But, who knows... As the IT system is not adequate, and we don't know the ugly SU MATH, or the choice for a bad information system with poorly paid programmers... so we are just people guessing and getting pissed off. All we can really do is help each other to get our seats at this point.