38-0 | Syracusefan.com

38-0

We are a totally different team when Triche plays like this.

Not that he was perfect--several unforced turnovers to start the second half, etc.--but damn, it really spaces the floor and makes us tough to defend when we've got four scorers, all of whom can connect from the perimeter.

But, but guys, Jordan Hulls is better than Steve Alford, and Yogi Farrell is not your average freshman point guard!

That guy said we were in for a surprise.

Well, he was right: I'm surprised by how much tougher we were than IU, and how overrated as a defender Oladipo is.

Next.

We are a totally different team when Triche plays like this.

Not that he was perfect--several unforced turnovers to start the second half, etc.--but damn, it really spaces the floor and makes us tough to defend when we've got four scorers, all of whom can connect from the perimeter.
It helps when Brandon is being guarded by an unathletic midget whiteboy who does not belong on the same court as him, but I agree with your point otherwise.

It helps when Brandon is being guarded by an unathletic midget whiteboy who does not belong on the same court as him, but I agree with your point otherwise.

It was more than that, though--Brandon handled the ball well, too. Very solid floor game [the early misses and a few unforced turnovers to start the 2nd half notwithstanding].

oladipo wasn't overated he just got hurt and wasn't able to stay with mike after that.

Triches best isolation game all year.

It was more than that, though--Brandon handled the ball well, too. Very solid floor game [the early misses and a few unforced turnovers to start the 2nd half notwithstanding].
Oh I agree. I do wish we had gone to him more frequently, though. Every time he got the ball you could tell he was kind of toying with Hulls, though. It was the first time in ages I remember Brandon being 100% confident he could do whatever the hell he wanted against a defender.

The way he was handling the ball against Hulls as opposed to anyone else who guarded him all night was pretty telling. He was much flashier against Hulls, meaning he was thinking much more 1 v 1 offense, and focusing on torching Hulls. Against other defenders he was much more concerned with protecting the ball.

Hulls is a very good player. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Our strategy, zone, and size gets the credit. No need to take away from them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom