44 IS RESTORED | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

44 IS RESTORED

The school makes simple decisions very difficult. They have no clue how to do marketing, capitalize on history, etc.

I fail to see how the coach shouldn't be the only one who makes this decision. Did Pasqualoni need to bow to multiple rabbis before he gave 44 to Konrad. When the entire situation becomes more bureaucratic the entire reason for the number and its significance loses its meaning.

School continues to disappoint me.

I think more will come out and won't be surprised if they "clarify" again. Just a hunch ...no insider whispering to me. The statements by Floyd and Sala contrast too much with this "clarification" so I expect more.

I also don't blame this on McNabb. This is an SU issue. Even if McNabb disagrees, it does not mean SU had to be so cloudy on it.

The school makes simple decisions very difficult. They have no clue how to do marketing, capitalize on history, etc.

I fail to see how the coach shouldn't be the only one who makes this decision. Did Pasqualoni need to bow to multiple rabbis before he gave 44 to Konrad. When the entire situation becomes more bureaucratic the entire reason for the number and its significance loses its meaning.

School continues to disappoint me.

And there is a larger, ovarching issue at play - we keep messing up things that we need to hit homeruns with. We will never have the resources of a large state school or private school like ND, so we need to nail each opportunity like this we get.

It only took five guys to write the Declaration of Independence, I think Coach Shaf and his staff can handle giving out 44.

I would love to read in a Bud article why there was a camera failure and the subsequent event on how McNabb's jersey came up missing from the rafters. I don't think the Greg Robinson Era brought this much negativity to the program when national clowns like Wilbon,Olberman are trying to do by starting a manufactured crises over 2 year old Toddler tantrum that McNabb started on twitter.

Robinson's issues were on the field, but McNabb made this a major issue from the Administration all the way to possible recruiting ramification issues. Time to pull his twitter and make him sit in the corner for a while.

No matter what, McNabb never would have supported this so Sala pissed in his Wheaties is how he feels.

If McNabb didn't spout off on twitter there is a very good chance a lot of what is being said doesn't go national. He should have kept it inhouse first, not minutes after the announcement.

This is becoming extremely annoying. I'm tired of being a punchline. Every decision maker at Syracuse needs to wake up in the morning look in the mirror and promptly pull their heads out of their a's before they walk out of the front door. I've been a fan of Donovan McNabb for a long time but he can honestly go make love to himself. People need to be on the same page so the school doesn't look like it's ran by a bunch of half wits.

My biggest issue is in today's twitter world you can't control how other people react to your decisions but act like you have a freakin' spine. This wishy washy attitude and having to capitulate to every talking head and social justice warrior (another issue in today's society) is getting ridiculous.

Maybe we should get a national talking head to complain about the uniforms. We'll get the McNabb era uniform back in no time!

Tell Donovan I still haven't forgiven him for fumbling the ball against Kanas State in the Fiesta Bowl.

It looks worse now than it did then, if that's possible.

It looks worse now than it did then, if that's possible.
Keep watching to 1:08:15 or so. Darius causes a fumble with a great play and Greenwood walks the ball in for a TD. Somehow the ball is called back and K State still has it. Sickening.

All the last 48 hours has proved is we need a STRONG AD and a STRONG head coach who has control of the program. Right now we have neither.

Its a program with no voice and no direction and with that you get this!

Keep watching to 1:08:15 or so. Darius causes a fumble with a great play and Greenwood walks the ball in for a TD. Somehow the ball is called back and K State still has it. Sickening.

I vaguely remember that; it also looks even worse today. Ball-carrier's forward progress was stopped? No way that should've been whistled dead.

This is the play that has stayed with me all these years.

I was sitting right in front of the play - I felt at the time that it was a fumble all the way.

This is the play that has stayed with me all these years.

I was sitting right in front of the play - I felt at the time that it was a fumble all the way.
i hate you guys for reminding me of that. that's crazy.

I think blaming McNabb for the retreat is misguided. He can say whatever he wants and it should not dictate policy. Sala said "With the blessing of Jim Brown and Floyd Little, the No. 44 is back. The Syracuse University Football Orange, we are restoring the No. 44 back to the program."

The Senior Vice President for Public Affairs Kevin Quinn said something different.

That's not McNabb's fault.

At 1:04:00 mcnabb blew a sure TD throw to spotwood. 2 plays before the mcnabb fumble.

And that quick whistle on the fumble is sickening

I think blaming McNabb for the retreat is misguided. He can say whatever he wants and it should not dictate policy. Sala said "With the blessing of Jim Brown and Floyd Little, the No. 44 is back. The Syracuse University Football Orange, we are restoring the No. 44 back to the program."

The Senior Vice President for Public Affairs Kevin Quinn said something different.

That's not McNabb's fault.
It may not be his fault, but how is he helping Syracuse football in anyway? His response, as a notable Syracuse University grad, keeps the story going... and not in a positive way
http://espn.go.com/college-football...ge-clarify-44-stance-donovan-mcnabb-complains

Agreed - I don't agree with McNabb but it's the schools responsibility to make decisions in a logical manner

I decided I had to put my whole longwinded rant in one place: http://.com/everyone-just-calm-the-hell-down/

This is all silly. The media is making it seem that the school is keeping it up in the rafters, even though the follow up email didnt say that. On the flip side, they should have just let it be and not "clarified" anything.
EXACTLY. This. 100 times, this. The media doesn't seem to get this.

It may not be his fault, but how is he helping Syracuse football in anyway? His response, as a notable Syracuse University grad, keeps the story going... and not in a positive way
http://espn.go.com/college-football...ge-clarify-44-stance-donovan-mcnabb-complains
I agree he didn't so anyone any favors but if the school didn't have contradicting statements, few would really care now what McNabb said. It would be done and over and we'd be moving on. This festuche is solely the fault of SU.

I decided I had to put my whole longwinded rant in one place: http://.com/everyone-just-calm-the-hell-down/
I agree with this. The differences in statements were subtle and maybe not material. That's why I expect further releases... hopefully after they all get their stories straight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom