55-3 and you drop from #3 to #6 | Syracusefan.com

55-3 and you drop from #3 to #6

Ncaa remains corrupt. So much money involved in these decisions. This chairman on TV right now just needs to admit that Wisky took one for the conference who will now get millions more for their teams. Ohio St. Also has the weakest resume and yet the chairman just admitted that it was all about Ohio St's win over Wisky as the sole deciding factor.

Blame the Big 12 conference. Get to 12 teams have a conference championship game.

I'm sure the phones in Cincy and Memphis (if that rumor is true) are ringing right now. Can't let this happen again and they need to get to 12 ASAP

This guy is stumbling and stammering and bad on the question on how the voting shook out.

Reece has him on the ropes.

TCU was a co-champ that played one less game than the top 4 teams and they lost to their co-champ.

I don't shed a tear for TCU. Baylor and tOSU should have been above them.

Farce. The Chair of CFP basically said that OSU was in based on their body of work which includes beating nine bowl-eligible teams. How many of those bowl-eligible teams are based on negotiated bowl tie-ins from their own conference? This is made for TV. Baylor or TCU are not nearly as hot for TV ratings as OSU. BTW - OSU lost to Virginia Tech. That same Virginia Tech that lost to Wake, ECU, etc. Kinda ridiculous. Not saying that the outcome should be different. Really, champion from all P5 conferences should be in the playoffs.

Tell me ESPN didn't know ahead of time as they have 2 OSU grads on their panel.

OSU has the worst loss in the top 8 contenders. They had the benefit of going into a game knowing where they stood. Total NCAA bs.

Or we can pretend it was still an unknown that a b10 conf title win wouldn't be a clincher and money didn't play a role esp with all the discontent between the p5 elite and the ncaa.

The Big 12 decided it wants to maintain its payout over crowning a real champion. Committee did a great job.

I find it tough to put the blame on the conference. If differences in conference setup can dictate this outcome then the system is the real problem. I don't disagree the b12 whiffed in the given parameters but the issue is still a larger one.

Any chance TCU/Baylor can play Michigan State in a bowl? Could be interesting.

Truth is the SEC and B1G have the biggest pull with the NCAA right now. Expect them to always have a rep in this thing unless its a no-brainer to exclude them. Expect the ACC, Big12 and PAC to get left out in future years depending on the circumstance.

Last edited:
The Big 12 screwed themselves by letting Texas and Oklahoma, dictate they didn't want a championship game, because they figured it would be easier to get into the playoffs. That decision, caused them as a league to screw themselves.

I thought he answered the questions pretty well and pretty honestly. I don't know if I agree or not but I completely get where the committee was coming from.

Didn't TCU have a stronger SOS than OSU, or am I wrong in that? If they did, that would be my issue and if that is true that should have been the main question for Reece to ask.

I find it tough to put the blame on the conference. If differences in conference setup can dictate this outcome then the system is the real problem. I don't disagree the b12 whiffed in the given parameters but the issue is still a larger one.

Exactly...TCU and Baylor did what they had to do. Too bad the Big 12 didn't do what the Big 10 used to do when they had 10 teams, have 8 games and not have TCU and Baylor play so they can get a better bowl.

Any chance TCU/Baylor can play Michigan State in a bowl? Could be interesting.
Michigan state will be playing Georgia tech in orange. likely tcu and Baylor will play sec teams in cotton and peach

Blame the Big 12 conference. Get to 12 teams have a conference championship game.

I'm sure the phones in Cincy and Memphis (if that rumor is true) are ringing right now. Can't let this happen again and they need to get to 12 ASAP
Not sure that would have made a difference. Would love to see an 8 team playoff.

Orange Bowl will be Michigan State v. Georgia Tech.
Fiesta Bowl will be Arizona v. Boise State
Cotton Bowl will be Baylor v. Mississippi State
Peach Bowl will be TCU v. Georgia/UCLA/Ole Miss

TCU was a co-champ that played one less game than the top 4 teams and they lost to their co-champ.

I don't shed a tear for TCU. Baylor and tOSU should have been above them.
Not that I really care (except i can't stand Delaney)...but OSU had by far the worst loss of any of these teams, losing to crappy VaTech at home no less. At least TCU lost to a top 10 team. I don't like the precedent that somehow September loses don't count or count less than other games.

59-0, really? Not 35-14 or 42-24? Could it be more obvious? The B1G makes FIFA look upstanding. Pure conjecture, but how about something like this?

Delaney -> Wisc AD "lose big to OSU more $ for all of us"

Wisc AD -> Wisc Coaches " lose big, don't ask why"

Wisc Coaches - OK. Lets put together some awful schemes and game plans Players go all out, 100% effort but lose big, all while looking like they are trying as hard as they can on TV, which they were. Net result...O$U in, TCU and Baylor out.

Not that I really care (except i can't stand Delaney)...but OSU had by far the worst loss of any of these teams, losing to crappy VaTech at home no less. At least TCU lost to a top 10 team. I don't like the precedent that somehow September loses don't count or count less than other games.
Ohio State played an extra game and they won their conference outright.
If TCU won the B12 outright they likely get in but they lost to their co-champ.

Michigan state will be playing Georgia tech in orange. likely tcu and Baylor will play sec teams in cotton and peach
Okay thanks for the response. I used to keep up with the bowls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom