6 Wins... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

6 Wins...

I don't see a path to six without having beaten WF. Huge missed opportunity squandering a winnable game.

Hope we can get 1 more, and that Babers's offense will be enticing to some minor bowl. Would live to get the extra practices.

No matter how we finish the season, kudos to Dino, the coaches, and the team for getting back to .500 having won 4 games to date with 4 games to go. There's a lot to be proud of and an extra week to get more polished and healthy. Thanks to all of them for giving fans good reason to be engaged with the program. :)

I don't see a path to six without having beaten WF. Huge missed opportunity squandering a winnable game.

Hope we can get 1 more, and that Babers's offense will be enticing to some minor bowl. Would live to get the extra practices.

I think this post is very reasonable in terms of our final win total. But unfortunately, I don't think it will be a bowl's decision assuming 5-7 even gets to go to a bowl. We will need to have better APR and then if more than one bowl needs a 5-7 team, then we probably get the better bowl based upon our offense.

Cheers,
Neil

That Wake game is going to haunt us. With NC state at home we have a good shot to get to 5. I dont see Clemson or FSU happening. Pitt is hard to say, we never seem to beat them anymore its odd.

We start a So, R-So, R-Fr, R-Fr, and R-Jr, on the offensive line, 2 true Fr, 1 So, and 1 R-So on the defensive line. By the middle of next year we will be dominating most of the teams we play. They make mistakes now, but as they gain experience they will get better.

We start a So, R-So, R-Fr, R-Fr, and R-Jr, on the offensive line, 2 true Fr, 1 So, and 1 R-So on the defensive line. By the middle of next year we will be dominating most of the teams we play. They make mistakes now, but as they gain experience they will get better.

Agreed. But today seemed worse than ever to me in regards to false starts. I think that is where some of the frustration is coming from.

Cheers,
Neil

That viral video will help. Plus our AD knows everyone worth knowing in college sports, so...

The back end of the schedule is VERY difficult. I'm rooting for continued development. If we get some dubs, in my eyes, it's extreme gravy sauce.

back half schedule is no more difficult than 1st half

back half schedule is no more difficult than 1st half
I disagree. Also didn't say half. Regardless, wasn't even comparing it, simply noting that the last 4 are difficult. Certainly no Colgate's or UConn's in November.

back 4 have :
1 really tough game against a potential playoff team(compares to louisville)
1 North Carolina team that we should be able to compete with( a slightly better wake forest)
Fsu is a talented team compares to nd but have won games instead of blowing them late
Pitt is pitt. id compare them to virginia tech but away.

I don't think anyone is getting an easy game against us.

They'll wish they played us early on.

The way we've dominated yardage the past 2 weeks, I'm not ruling any of them out.

these are the teams ahead of use in APR that have 5 wins in play, root for the teams sitting at 1-2 wins to keep losing. about 18 ahead of us. 6 with 1-2 wins including ND/MSU. I think at least 6-7 at least get to 6 wins. that would leave about 5-6 teams playing for that 5th win like us and good chance Three 5 win APR teams are needed.

4 three win teams duke/bc/vandy/indiana

BC would need to beat Uconn and upset 1 other.
Indy has 3 winnable games
duke has a tough schedule other than GT
vandy has to beat Tenn St tonight to have a shot

duke 3-4
NW 4-3
Vandy 3-4
Army 4-3
N Texas 4-3
Stanford 4-3
UCF 4-3
BC 3-4
Indiana 3-4
MSU 2-4
Missouri 2-4
Utah St 2-4
maryland 4-2
kansas state 4-3
ND 2-5
Middle tenn 4-2
rice 1-6
virg 2-5
SU 4-4

The back end of the schedule is VERY difficult. I'm rooting for continued development. If we get some dubs, in my eyes, it's extreme gravy sauce.
^^^ this...Cuse is playing with house money in my view...2 weeks ago 80% of this board was saying we had no talent, no lines, poor schemes,etc...we are seeing progress, this is work in progress...IF we get a few more wins great...if all of our playing frosh,rs frosh, Sophs keep getting better, the d-ends show us each week their getting better, oline keeps protecting ED better, give the FSUs and Clemson headaches... then I'm good for this year...it's all about the right expectations and progress...Go Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom