A star is born ... Gbinije | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A star is born ... Gbinije

ACC broadcasters give us a non-stop parade of asinine comments. It's remarkable. They're so much worse than the Big East's B teams over the years.

My kingdom for a Jim Spanarkel.

No kidding. One of our bigs (maybe Roberson) missed a bunny and that moron Bonner said, "when you miss those point-blank shots, a lot of times you leave yourself open for a run-out in the other direction. And I was like, "What?"

G is gonna start hitting he's 3's-- he's too good not to. Lydon and Howard are playing with confidence now too, and DC looks completely different than a month ago. This team seems to be clicking, just with the meat of the schedule coming up.

Yep, as Jay Williams so eloquently put it a few weeks ago (when asked about G)... Duke isn't for everyone. No team in the country wouldn't scream for his play on the court now!

16831681-standard.jpg

Go back and watch those dunks. All of the first three (the fourth was a steal and break away) Devin Thomas (#2) was in the paint and just watched Gbinije dunk it without contesting at all. I know that dude scores a lot of points and grabs a lot of rebounds for them, but that's pathetic.

I thought, from his HS tapes, that he was going to be a Dwayane Wade type of player. Today was the most like wade that he's been as a collegian.

I actually know Jim a little bit. Great guy. I'll be sure to let him know he's got some Cuse fans!
He's a real pro and an easy listen, and I've always enjoyed his work on college games and with the Nets. I remember him as a fine player as well.

Go back and watch those dunks. All of the first three (the fourth was a steal and break away) Devin Thomas (#2) was in the paint and just watched Gbinije dunk it without contesting at all. I know that dude scores a lot of points and grabs a lot of rebounds for them, but that's pathetic.

To be fair to Thomas, he was in foul trouble and their best scorer. It was smarter for him to just let it go.

He's a real pro and an easy listen, and I've always enjoyed his work on college games and with the Nets. I remember him as a fine player as well.
Yes...not bad for an ACC guy :)

Meanwhile...for people fed up with the ACC Network blather, I recommend turning down the volume and listening to WAER online. The synch isn't perfect but the PBP is much better. And they actually know the players' names.

JoeSU said:
If you think "a star is born", you either haven't been watching Silent G all season, or you think he deserves style points for his dunks. He had a solid game, but IMO Cooney and Roberson's performances eclipsed Gbinije's.

You have to know where RD is coming from. He's a MONSTER FAN of MONSTER DUNKS.

If you think "a star is born", you either haven't been watching Silent G all season, or you think he deserves style points for his dunks. He had a solid game, but IMO Cooney and Roberson's performances eclipsed Gbinije's.

Actually, that's what I thought when I saw this thread. Why now? However, when I saw all of the posts celebrating his play, I then thought, why not?

I actually know Jim a little bit. Great guy. I'll be sure to let him know he's got some Cuse fans!

Too young to remember him as a player, but he was one of the weeknight voices of the Big East during the '90s.

yeah just about the worst thing about the move to the ACC, besides having most of our games available only via espn3, is having these ACC schills calling our games. just painful

I thought it was bad when they said Syracuse finished 3rd in attendance behind Kentucky and Louisville last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom