ACC Conference Matchups are announced for this season and next | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Conference Matchups are announced for this season and next

Did anyone else notice the Typo in the Email Syracuse.edu just sent out?

They have us playing at Louisville twice in 2015-16

I would love to replace Pitt with Louisville. Besides that, I think this schedule will keep everyone pretty happy.

The road slate in 2015 will be brutal, Duke twice next year will be tough, but you've got to beat the best to be the best. Bring it on! How many days before our first game?! :p

Next season is so NOT the year to play Duke twice. Nobody other than UK will be able to contest them. Okafor is like the 2nd coming of Olajuwon and we just don't have the horses next year. IMO ESPN will be very disappointed in non competitive games. (Just being realistic so save the nonsense about not being a fan). They should have matched Duke against Louisville twice. Of course Pitino gets them twice the next year after Okafor is gone.

Uhhh do you guys learn anything about the hype of recruiting classes. Smh.

Really impressed with what UConn could do with the conference they play in, plus the sanctions which resulted in a loss of players. Got to hand it to them, and their recruiting can only take off from here. Can see why BC doesn't want them in the ACC. Hopefully as an original Big East member they can eventually make it in.

It's a very good schedule both seasons, no matter who you think we should play H/H. As we came to know last season, most games are pretty competitive with of course a number of elite matchups. This kind of schedule should excite players (and recruits). At least there is no Rutgirls on the schedule.

Louisville can't be a home/home without one of Pitt and Virginia cooperating. UVA likes Louisville so it won't be them. If the Orange offered BC for Louisville knowing Jamie Dixon he would probably take that swap for Ws, but SU wouldn't want its 2 annual home/home teams being Louisville and Pitt that is 4 tough games each year. BC is a good annual home/home team because we don't want too many hard games.

yeah, the BC game in The Dome was a freaking cakewalk last year...

Really impressed with what UConn could do with the conference they play in, plus the sanctions which resulted in a loss of players. Got to hand it to them, and their recruiting can only take off from here. Can see why BC doesn't want them in the ACC. Hopefully as an original Big East member they can eventually make it in.

original

I can't believe the ACC gave us Duke home/home 2 years in a row that is going to tick off a lot of other schools.

I knew they were going to to do it, too much money to pass up

I would imagine that every other fan base is wondering how Virginia got another beneficial draw after what happened this year.

I would imagine that every other fan base is wondering how Virginia got another beneficial draw after what happened this year.

There is really nothing to wonder. ESPN wants the most big money matchups between DUKE, UNC, SU, Louisville, Pitt as possible. For some reason, Virginia doesn't get the respect that it warrants.

I feel pretty good about that. I know people aren't thrilled with the BC and Pitt thing and wanted Louisville, but BC and Pitt make the most geographic sense.

Plus, this is only for two years. Let's see what happens.

There is really nothing to wonder. ESPN wants the most big money matchups between DUKE, UNC, SU, Louisville, Pitt as possible. For some reason, Virginia doesn't get the respect that it warrants.

I get the tv perspective, but they won the regular season and tournament and will be a pre-season top 10 team. They will be a much bigger draw than Pitt next year. I would think ESPN would rather have UVA with 2 games against either Duke or UNC instead of Wake next year

and you probably rooted for those scum bags men's team along with scum bags fans of the men's team. they both can go to he$$.

I get the tv perspective, but they won the regular season and tournament and will be a pre-season top 10 team. They will be a much bigger draw than Pitt next year. I would think ESPN would rather have UVA with 2 games against either Duke or UNC instead of Wake next year

Last year was the first good season they have had in years, they aren't a big name.

Doubt that. Harris and Mitchell are big losses. They're still very good, but I don't think top10 good.

Uva won a lot of close games last years, and they aren't a program that can just reload, Harris and Mitchell are big losses.

why would you give a f about them getting in? Boggles my mind.

Next season is so NOT the year to play Duke twice. Nobody other than UK will be able to contest them. Okafor is like the 2nd coming of Olajuwon and we just don't have the horses next year. IMO ESPN will be very disappointed in non competitive games. (Just being realistic so save the nonsense about not being a fan). They should have matched Duke against Louisville twice. Of course Pitino gets them twice the next year after Okafor is gone.
They lost a lot. Parker and Hood. I'll take my chances at the dome.

Lunardi has UVA as a 2 seed. Parrish has them #11, Brennan has them #7, USA Today #9, Davis #15, so not exactly the expectation that they will fall off the radar next year.

Lunardi has UVA as a 2 seed. Parrish has them #11, Brennan has them #7, USA Today #9, Davis #15, so not exactly the expectation that they will fall off the radar next year.

All of these predictions are absurd.