Akok Akok in the portal | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Akok Akok in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, must be why he was “upset” when Jimmy Boeheim transferred in for 1 Year and started for him.
SinfulPertinentCornsnake-size_restricted.gif

Hmmm, must be why he was “upset” when Jimmy Boeheim transferred in for 1 Year and started for him.

Not even the same. Whether it was Jimmy or someone else, we had to take someone.

Maybe Thorpe was a wake up call for requiring more serious vetting.??
Thorpe was definitely a strange one. Didnt he make it to campus and suit up for a few games then just bolted? Wonder what he's up to. Seems like an outlier as far as our grad transfers/portal rentals. Not an outlier though Seems to be every guy we get from the portal wouldn't be mistaken for a defensive menace even withstanding maybe not fully understanding intricacies of the 2-3. If all we need is a gunner/scorer and can surround them with some defensive talent on paper it seems like it would work okay. The cocktail isn't perfected yet there on the staffs end it would seem. We either get too many shooters and no athletes or all athletes with no shooters lol.

Idk I just saw him at the bar and said "come to cuse" No strategy or goal

So I assume your near UConn’s campus?

I think you've outlined this quite well.

There is so much that has to go right just to get into the 18-13 range that we've been muddling through for the last 8 years. This roster looks like year 9 to me.

We're banking on a lot of IFs going right, but we've seen a consistent pattern of IFs going wrong over the last 8 years.

What happens if Judah shows up and plays like the last 2 PGs we recruited with similar rankings (Joseph and Carey)?

What happens if Benny doesn't make a giant leap? I mean, the leap he has to make for us to be decent is HUGE. He played a lot of minutes as a frosh and outside of one game against Duke accomplished a lot of nothing. From a correlative standpoint, his season stats on a per minute basis stack up historically with former SU players that never really developed. Not saying he won't, just saying that the empirical data doesn't fill me with hope.

What happens if Jesse can't play 30+ a night due to persistent foul trouble or worse yet, injury?

The only thing I'm willing to predict with certainty about next year is that Joe is going to have the ultimate green light. He's gonna average 1 shot attempt per 2 minutes of floor time at minimum. Worried that will lead to a lot of bad/low efficiency shots without other shooters to spread the floor for him.

I definitely realize that we can't discount the fact that there may be pleasant surprises from the frosh class. But the way player development and handling of FR has gone recently, it would be dubious to bank on that.
Unfortunately, I completely agree with you and Mike.

I think the season will come down to how far we get before we know we wouldn’t make the NCAA.

At least you saved me from posting Thx.

Given that, I think if we could get a good PF that would change my outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom