And, alas, he started looking to next season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

And, alas, he started looking to next season

A lot of what is being discussed on this board right now are the same things that were being discussed before Atlantis. The pendulum may very well swing back with better performances and a few quality wins. The fact is, as it has been from the start, is that this team has talented pieces but little margin for error if it is to succeed at the the highest level.
yep.
but still, I just can't forsee any team with legit aspirations getting worked by a crap team like SJ

Cooney and Richardson were 1-19 from 3 and the team was 5-26 overall and the Johnnies made 12 3s and shot 50% from 3...

In the Bahamas we shot 46% from 3...

Boeheim said it a month ago.

We shoot well, we can beat anybody.

We shoot poorly, anybody can beat us.

Today we shot poorly and they shot well.

They won.

Offensively we've gotten the same looks we've gotten all year. We got lots of good looks and lots of open shots. We couldn't buy a bucket.
I was willing to concede this kind of thinking/explaining after Wiscy, but it was alot more than shooting today. Our defense is just atrocious. Our big-time rebounder can't rebound or do anything else for that matter. We're a mess

yep.
but still, I just can't forsee any team with legit aspirations getting worked by a crap team like SJ

That crap team was shooting a collective 33% from 3. Today they shot 50%. It happens.

They probably won't have another shooting day like that for the rest of the season...

yep.
I don't feel like taking the time to do it, but I think it would be easy to find any number of recent elite 8/final 4 teams that were worked by crappy teams early in the year. Such is the nature of the sport these days.

Cooney and Richardson were 1-19 from 3 and the team was 5-26 overall and the Johnnies made 12 3s and shot 50% from 3...

In the Bahamas we shot 46% from 3...

Boeheim said it a month ago.

We shoot well, we can beat anybody.

We shoot poorly, anybody can beat us.

Today we shot poorly and they shot well.

They won.

Offensively we've gotten the same looks we've gotten all year. We got lots of good looks and lots of open shots. We couldn't buy a bucket.

I don't understand why so many of you are on such an emotional roller coaster.

There was no way we were going to continue to shoot 45+% from 3 for the rest of the year like we did in the Bahamas...

There is no excuse for the missed FTs though. That's just lazy lack of focus. When the shorts don't fall you need to make the gimmes c

We do have some hope in our plethora of 3 point shooters. They all get hot at the same time and who knows what we could do.

We do have some hope in our plethora of 3 point shooters. They all get hot at the same time and who knows what we could do.
If two are hot at the same time and/or two aren't ice cold at the same time this team can still beat decent teams despite its other well-documented shortcomings.

Hopkins can look to next year all he wants,but JB will still be the head coach doing the same old,same old

we should just bump all last years posts, this is to much fun. :)
seriously read this whole thread its funny how far off we are.

I will continue to root for this team in the here and now, no matter how this season unfolds. The day I throw in the towel on an SU team before a conference game has been played is the day I will stop calling myself a fan of the program.

See, that's the thing. Nights like tonight are just another little reminder that I spend too much time on a team that isn't all that much fun to watch a lot of nights and it makes me question why do I continue to do this, when I can drive down the road 5 minutes and watch the local squad play along with a bunch of friends and neighbors. For like 15 bucks a game...

EDIT - Maybe I should read the entire thread before posting... maybe.

See, that's the thing. Nights like tonight are just another little reminder that I spend too much time on a team that isn't all that much fun to watch a lot of nights and it makes me question why do I continue to do this, when I can drive down the road 5 minutes and watch the local squad play along with a bunch of friends and neighbors. For like 15 bucks a game...

EDIT - Maybe I should read the entire thread before posting... maybe.
I was confused for a minute, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom