Class of 2016 - Andrew White iii... the third | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people saying Frank Howard is leaving? He's EARNED his spot to either start or come off the bench and play serious minutes. 2017-18 it could be his team. Why would he leave because he was a role player on a potential title contender?

Jeremy L. said:
Why are people saying Frank Howard is leaving? He's EARNED his spot to either start or come off the bench and play serious minutes. 2017-18 it could be his team. Why would he leave because he was a role player on a potential title contender?
First, are people really saying that?
Second, if they are, it's literally because we discuss everything in these threads.
Third, frank ain't going anywhere.

Jeremy - please try to stay up. I did not say FH was leaving. I was hoping JB had told AW3 he would get most of his time at the 3 so FH would not be the 4th guard.

But since you brought it up, if FH becomes the 4th guard and has a decrease in minutes, his leaving would not surprise me.

That's not what I've known it to mean. I've always seen it used to mean bringing in someone better so that the original player drops down the depth chart. I think that fits in this case, if Gillon is as good as he looks.

This is how i always read it, as well.

That's not what I've known it to mean. I've always seen it used to mean bringing in someone better so that the original player drops down the depth chart. I think that fits in this case, if Gillon is as good as he looks.

Howard and Gillon will play similar minutes this season. Gillon is not head and shoulders better than Howard, if he's better at all.

Not saying he's not very good. So is Howard.

Howard is my favorite player from the class of 2015. He's going to have a great career here, and will have an important role in this year's backcourt.

But based upon stuff I see posted here, I think many are going to be surprised by what we have in Gillon. Lots of truisms being thrown around about him [too small for zone... he only played at CSU...] that will be debunked in short order. Very excited to see what he'll do paired with Battle.

???

I jumped in a couple of pages back and saw something about people thinking Frank Howard would leave if he's the fourth guard.

Jeremy - please try to stay up. I did not say FH was leaving. I was hoping JB had told AW3 he would get most of his time at the 3 so FH would not be the 4th guard.

But since you brought it up, if FH becomes the 4th guard and has a decrease in minutes, his leaving would not surprise me.

I used the wrong words then. But there is no way FH becomes the fourth guard nor has decreased minutes. AW3 will play the 3. That would put us in the best situation.

Howard is my favorite player from the class of 2015.

images (2).jpg

We once lost a recruiting battle to Colgate - Foyle?, a foreign player that I think had a short NBA career?
Yes, Foyle went to Colgate. He played on Golden State for a while in the NBA, I believe.

We once lost a recruiting battle to Colgate - Foyle?, a foreign player that I think had a short NBA career?
I figured that's why he made the joke.

So Michigan State is out, Miami is reportedly out and Syracuse is still standing. What's his next move: commitment or another visit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom