Another let down and disappointing season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Another let down and disappointing season

All that matters in college hoops is the tournament everything else is irrelevant who would you rather be right now us or Lville? Think about it and my point is proven
Don't bother showing up then until next March.

All I will remember is the loss in the elite 8 as I have said 100 times this season thus game is all I will remember

Pretty myopic view of a great season.

So you couldn't watch baseball for 15 yrs. while the Yankees sucked balls?
missed the point. At least then the regular season mattered.

All I will remember is the loss in the elite 8 as I have said 100 times this season thus game is all I will remember

This game was a major letdown. We were gift wrapped a chance to pull away in the 1st, and instead, we played like wimps on offense. Settling for jumpers when Sully went out. Missing layups. Missing dunks that should have been layups. JB has to recruit players that take it strong.

But, given all that happened thise season, there is no way it can be considered a disappointment. At least when you look at it overall. it was much more successful than, say, a 19-14 Todd Burgan led team for example.

What's the point? You are 13 years old and can't think for yourself and realize what this team accomplished?
NO need to put words in my mouth. You being upset and acting like a child behind a keyboard makes me think you are 13

This was the year we got pay back on UConn, Pitt and Lville, awesome year in so many ways. Never felt we were better than OSU, was surprised actually we played so close without a true power center out there. Thought Sullinger would own Keita and Christmas in this matchup, not the refs.

JB says that all the time, and usually follows up with "it shouldn't be like that, but it is." You're right, for Joe America out there, average sports fan who doesn't really follow college sports, that's how it will play out. Louisville will be looked at as the better team. Fine, I don't care. Let them think that. I know I'll have great memories of this team in future years, of the way they always could pull things out, and that amazing game against Sconnie.

They ran into a team their equal today and just couldn't quite get it done. There's nothing to be ashamed of there as a fan, or as a team. Will it mean the 'Ville will be deemed a better team? Maybe, but why should I care? As a fan, I'm proud of this team and what they accomplished, and in the end shouldn't that really be what matters? Not what outside forces think, but what you think? If you enjoyed this year and thought this team left it all out on the court, why should a fan of SU have to consider it a disappointment. A pretty narrow way to live life.

As I said in another thread, I don't think it's a disappointment. I think i'ts probably what was expected given Fab's absence. We slayed a lot of demons (Pitt, Lou, Sweet 16 difficulties), but I don't think it unfair to feel less than content.

Being an SU fan is like being a Yankee fan. Tough to get excited for regular season games or early season games. Only thing that matters is March (or October for Yankees).
Please tell me how this post makes the point that "times change".?

As I said in another thread, I don't think it's a disappointment. I think i'ts probably what was expected given Fab's absence. We slayed a lot of demons (Pitt, Lou, Sweet 16 difficulties), but I don't think it unfair to feel less than content.
That's a better attitude that IB. I guess I tend to try and look on the bright side. I'm surprised anyone still thought we were a final four or final team without the defensive player of the year in the Big East, who averaged close to 4 blocks a game. Losing someone like that isn't just an easy fix, it's devastating. This team responded, and were finally taken advantage of for that.

They lost probably where they should have lost, to a team that had the personnel down low to exploit Fab's absence. I don't think you can be all that disappointed with this loss considering we had a freshman center, and a 200 pound back up guarding an All American.

But we don't care about Louisville. We shouldn't be comparing our season to Louisville. In terms of Syracuse, this was one of the top 2 seasons in 100+ years. How can you be disappointed in that?

I'm not disappointed, but I'm not jubilant. I explain this elsewhere.

The comparison to L'ville was in response to the poster who said "who would you rather be right now?". And unquestionably I'd rather be in Louisville's shoes right now.

It's somewhat true. It was a great season, but this loss will sting.

The only thing I remember about the 1989 season was the loss to Illinois in the Elite 8. Don't remember one damn thing other than that.
Too bad you can't remember the game before that against Missouri, one of the greatest comeback games ever. Then there was the Big East Championship game against G'Town where DC was undercut under the basket and hurt his back and was pretty ineffective during the Tourney which is why we ended up losing to Illinois in the Elite 8 in the first place.

Again when the head coach pretty much says that the only thing that matters is the tournament well I take is word for it and I also agree with him regardless of what the dancing nancies and jock strip inhalers post tighten up the skirt peeps

Wow, I always assumed you were a better poster than this Ithaca. I guess you may have been drinking or you are just a really emotional dude. Either way, take it easy.

ing terrible job by you, man. Just ing terrible.

He better tell Marrone if he doesn't get a BCS NC it was a wasted season and a disappointment.

I don't I know why some people are fans, really. If all one cares about is winning a title one is really in for a metric ton of disappointment.

This season was a blast (on the court, of course). And this team was incredibly fun to root for.

I sincerely feel bad for some people posting here. They must really be miserable.

Again when the head coach pretty much says that the only thing that matters is the tournament well I take is word for it and I also agree with him regardless of what the dancing nancies and jock strip inhalers post tighten up the skirt peeps
Take it easy, Champ. Why don't you sit this next one out, stop talking for a while.

If you think this season is a let down, then why do you follow this sport at all?

Disappointing loss tonite for sure. But when you look back at this season in a few weeks, you will have to say these kids and JB did a tremendous job when they had so many excuses to falter. They never did...even tonite. They played their asses off.

FWIW, I still have very fond memories of the 2009-10 season despite the lousy ending. Guess I'm not a real fan or something.

Being a fan is supposed to be enjoying the games, we all get emotional its a great way to rid one self of anxiety.
I don't I know why some people are fans, really. If all one cares about is winning a title one is really in for a metric ton of disappointment.

This season was a blast (on the court, of course). And this team was incredibly fun to root for.

I sincerely feel bad for some people posting here. They must really be miserable.
Being a fan should be enjoyable and we need to acknowlege the fact this team had a great season. Posters who feel only winning a championship is a good season need to come to grips with the fact in a one and done tournament anything can happen. the past 3 seasons we've been 30-5, 27-8,34-3 thats 91-16 thats the best 3 year span in history and thats with 2 mcdonalds all americans and devo and paul leaving early. Derrick and Stevie went 113-31 and I don't remember people saying they were disappointed and we had bad seasons back then.

It's been a great season. Getting past the Sweet 16 is a hard thing to do, in my opinion it's what separates the men from the boys and is a very important stat.

This team is only the fifth Boeheim squad to do it and the sixth since the tournament went to 32 teams in 1975. Combine that with their regular season accomplishments (with all the off court stuff going on too) and it's been a heck of a year.

Wow, you need some serious therapy :crazy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom