Anyone else considering going to Cal next Fall? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else considering going to Cal next Fall?

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
Very long range, and the schedule will ultimately determine if its doable, but I am considering a few days out there with my wife and kids. She wants to do Napa, I want to do the game. We probably would Southwest our son up from Tucson if his schedule at U of A allows. Wondering if this trip is on anyone else's "maybe" list?

Very long range, and the schedule will ultimately determine if its doable, but I am considering a few days out there with my wife and kids. She wants to do Napa, I want to do the game. We probably would Southwest our son up from Tucson if his schedule at U of A allows. Wondering if this trip is on anyone else's "maybe" list?
I am probable.

Hoping for a game in September.

The perfect road trip includes a Syracuse football game, playing golf at some nice courses and going to a MLB game.

This trip could check all the boxes.

I am hoping to go as well. Was planning on Army, but this should be a nice replacement.

Put me in the probable category.

I am probable.

The perfect road trip includes a Syracuse football game, playing golf at some nice courses and going to a MLB game.

Tom: You may already know this, but I think Pebble has a 48 hour tee time window for their courses if you are not staying on property. Unsure what Half Moon Bay’s policy is, but it is similar.
Might want to check their cancellation policies: book a room and tee times, then cancel and re-book within the window. Or, you might want to splurge and stay there for a few days. Being the avid golfer you are, it is worth the investment.

Tom: You may already know this, but I think Pebble has a 48 hour tee time window for their courses if you are not staying on property. Unsure what Half Moon Bay’s policy is, but it is similar.
Might want to check their cancellation policies: book a room and tee times, then cancel and re-book within the window. Or, you might want to splurge and stay there for a few days. Being the avid golfer you are, it is worth the investment.
I know it is going to be pricey for sure. Hoping the game is not in late November when the weather could be miserable.

Would be fine playing any of the courses on the peninsula. Hopefully that flexibility helps me.

The dates for conference games get announced in late January I think. Hoping they move it up a bit this year.

I am probable.

I would recommend trying to get Giants tickets over Oakland. I'm sure you'd be able to get A's tickets, but as you have probably read or heard, that stadium is not a very good fan experience at this point.

I would recommend trying to get Giants tickets over Oakland. I'm sure you'd be able to get A's tickets, but as you have probably read or heard, that stadium is not a very good fan experience at this point.
Agree. Pretty sure MLB sets things up so one of the two are playing at home through pretty much the whole season.

Gotta hope the Cal game in in September and gotta hope the Giants are in town.

I don't like my odds.

But a man can hope. Herm, are you listening?

How bad can it be. Watch baseball, have overpriced hot dogs and beer and you leave.

June of 2022, I’m sure they resolved those problems. Pretty bad though for a major league team, if true.
I'm not going to argue with you. My uncle lives there. It's bad and has been for years and no effort will be made to improve since they are moving to Vegas.

I'm not going to argue with you. My uncle lives there. It's bad and has been for years and no effort will be made to improve since they are moving to Vegas.
Not arguing at all. Have fun at the cal game!

I’m definitely going. Driving down from Reno. I lived in the bay area for years and have been to Memorial Stadium in Berkeley. It’s a great spot. You can BART there and walk up.

I am planning on it. It’s a pretty easy flight from BOS-SFO on United and I want to see the Giants play if they are in town. Also have some people that will meet up from LA

I know it is going to be pricey for sure. Hoping the game is not in late November when the weather could be miserable.

Would be fine playing any of the courses on the peninsula. Hopefully that flexibility helps me.

The dates for conference games get announced in late January I think. Hoping they move it up a bit this year.
Invest in a caddie. Spyglass #4. When we played the pin was at the back. Caddie advised to land the approach shot on the1-2 yards in from the apron. My brother hit it right about where directed, and it rolled all the way to the back of the green. Could not see that from the fairway.