Anyone else considering going to Cal next Fall? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else considering going to Cal next Fall?

I’m planning on it, if I can find a decent price on a RT flight from SYR. As soon as I know the date I’m going to kayak and seeing what I can do. If it’s not Thanksgiving time flights are usually pretty. decent during the fall .

I’m planning on it, if I can find a decent price on a RT flight from SYR. As soon as I know the date I’m going to kayak and seeing what I can do. If it’s not Thanksgiving time flights are usually pretty. decent during the fall .
Fly into OAK, not SFO or SJC.

SFO , I’ve done a few pre searches and can go for as low as 284 RT ( have to connect of course ) Oakland was higher, San Jose is a long drive.

Fly into OAK, not SFO or SJC.
Generally yes...especially if you are renting a car

However, if you use BART you can fly into SFO and stay in Frisco assuming you can find a safe and clean area to stay in downtown SF

The Red Line looks perfect to get from downtown to the game.
ConnectOaklandBART_BayAreaRail_2017_stationnames2bc-01.png

However, if you use BART you can fly into SFO and stay in Frisco

Nice, some options, I’ll probably have a set of golf clubs so may be looking into rental .

SFO , I’ve done a few pre searches and can go for as low as 284 RT ( have to connect of course ) Oakland was higher, San Jose is a long drive.
Depending on the date of the game you might be able to wait until mid summer and score decent priced flights in the fall (when they announce post Labor Day sale dates)

Depending on the date of the game you might be able to wait until mid summer and score decent priced flights in the fall (when they announce post Labor Day sale dates)
Good advice, quite frankly I was very surprised how low flights are if I booked today for Sept or Oct.

I have been hoping the Cal game is scheduled for September and that the Giants would be in town that weekend.

Did a little checking on this. Cal only has one weekend open in September. Saturday September 21st.

The Giants are in Kansas City that weekend. Not cool.

Of course, that means the Athletics are in town. Yes, the stadium is not not well loved and the area where it is located is not a tourist mecca.

But it is MLB baseball.

I checked and the Yankees are in town. The game is scheduled to start at 6:07 pm and there is a fireworks show scheduled afterwards.

So if the Cal game kicks off at noon or 1 pm, a doubleheader is very doable. Certain friends of mine could have a really great day if this works out.

That said, Cal already has 3 home games scheduled for August 31st-September 28th. Their only away game is at Auburn on September 7th.
Guessing to keep the schedule relatively balanced with home and away games, they might end up playing an ACC road game 9/21.

If so, it would be against Wake Forest or (welcome to the ACC!) Florida State. (SMU and Pitt are already booked for that date).

I fear we are going to make our trip to Berkeley in October instead.

I have been hoping the Cal game is scheduled for September and that the Giants would be in town that weekend.

Did a little checking on this. Cal only has one weekend open in September. Saturday September 21st.

Of course, that means the Athletics are in town. Yes, the stadium is not not well loved and the area where it is located is not a tourist mecca.

But it is MLB baseball.

I checked and the Yankees are in town. The game is scheduled to start at 6:07 pm and there is a fireworks show scheduled afterwards.

So if the Cal game kicks off at noon or 1 pm, a doubleheader is very doable. Certain friends of mine could have a really great day if this works out.

That said, Cal already has 3 home games scheduled for August 31st-September 28th. Their only away game is at Auburn on September 7th.
Guessing to keep the schedule relatively balanced with home and away games, they might end up playing an ACC road game 9/21.

If so, it would be against Wake Forest or (welcome to the ACC!) Florida State. (SMU and Pitt are already booked for that date).

Saturday September 21st is basically the only Saturday during the season I can't make the game. A doubleheader day though would have been really cool!!

However, if you use BART you can fly into SFO and stay in Frisco assuming you can find a safe and clean area to stay in downtown SF

The Red Line looks perfect to get from downtown to the game.
I've stayed at an Airbnb in Daly City. Not far from SFO and an easy BART ride to downtown. Obviously, Berkeley is a much further ride. If people haven't been to SF, please be aware of a serious homeless population. Some people love the city, but I found it to be very dirty. Like garbage and litter everywhere, even around the tourist vistas. It's also a very expensive city so I am sure the better hotels are pricey. I can't speak about Berkeley, but there has to have hotels near campus.

But it is MLB baseball.

But the A's might be deep in the playoffs then.

I'll exit the room.

I was going until Vegas popped up. Probably depends on the date. But Vegas may have "replaced" it.