Anyone else considering going to Cal next Fall? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else considering going to Cal next Fall?

I know it is going to be pricey for sure. Hoping the game is not in late November when the weather could be miserable.

Would be fine playing any of the courses on the peninsula. Hopefully that flexibility helps me.

The dates for conference games get announced in late January I think. Hoping they move it up a bit this year.
do they have to know the OC schedules before they make the league schedules? How many other teams besides SU are looking for a playmate?

I'm a maybe...May need to find someone to sit with as I will be alone if I go. Should be an easy flight from Phoenix.

Maybe... If I can coordinate international work travel back thru LA.
I coordinated work travel back from LA to attend the VT game. Disaster of a game and disaster for work (rural VA part Los Angeles went well.)

Would be interested in going just for a night or two and red eye home game day as someone mentioned it’s on the BART. I really value personal travel where renting a car is not required it sucks so much especially when you have to Turo to not pay an insane amount when the agency’s are jacked up.

Here's the 25-ish minute walk from the BART Station to Memorial Stadium.
Mind you, you will be walking thru the Nation-State of Berkeley:

Here's the 25-ish minute walk from the BART Station to Memorial Stadium.
Mind you, you will be walking thru the Nation-State of Berkeley:
Walk doesn't look that bad...a tad over a mile...about 1.25 miles

Very interested as well. Lived in central CA for a few years and miss it greatly. Perfect reason for a visit and go down to Monterey/Big Sur and up to Russian River.

I remain very interested. For those that go, Cal's stadium is located directly on the Hayward Fault.

It had to be specially engineered given its location and it has been a major challenge to keep it in good shape. A major renovation was finished not long ago.

This is what my dream schedule is (partial):

Saturday, August 24thHAWAIIRumored replacement for Army game
Saturday, August 31stOHIO
Saturday, September 7that California
Saturday, September 14th BYE 1
Saturday, September 21ACC Opponent at home
Saturday, September 28th HOLY CROSS

I would be fine playing at Cal 9/21 and playing an ACC home game on 9/7 as well.

A man can dream.

Last edited:
Very interested as well. Lived in central CA for a few years and miss it greatly. Perfect reason for a visit and go down to Monterey/Big Sur and up to Russian River.
I lived in Sacramento and Atwater in the Valley due to USAF assignments. The Tule Fog was interesting both dangerous and mesmerizing.

I lived in Sacramento and Atwater in the Valley due to USAF assignments. The Tule Fog was interesting both dangerous and mesmerizing.
The fog in Monterey every morning/afternoon started to drive me insane after a while. Just wanted the sun to come out but remained like 65 out everyday for most of the year. Would kill for that now but can drive you nuts for an extended period.

I'm in. Happy to help with any sort of event but tailgating might be a challenge; hopefully SU organizes something. My wife is a USC alum so we have gone to the "weekender" a couple times at Berkeley and had a great time. FWIW USC usually has a couple events in SF the night before, then has a shuttle run from SF to the game.

I'm in. Happy to help with any sort of event but tailgating might be a challenge; hopefully SU organizes something. My wife is a USC alum so we have gone to the "weekender" a couple times at Berkeley and had a great time. FWIW USC usually has a couple events in SF the night before, then has a shuttle run from SF to the game.
I figure next year SU will either do a sponsored event at NCSt or Berkeley. I'll try to find out mid summer.

do they have to know the OC schedules before they make the league schedules? How many other teams besides SU are looking for a playmate?
Yes they do. I saw Wake finished their schedule the other day. I think that makes SU the last ACC school to finish their schedule (no I do not consider ND an ACC school for football).

Hopefully Hawaii is announced by the end of this week. We can't have another Kansas situation.

How far away from Cal is Big Sur??

If you hear bells ringing at Memorial Stadium…that’ll be me.