Anyone who criticizes this performance should be banned | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone who criticizes this performance should be banned

He was farther outfield than the TE that caught the pass. Was not even close. You will see it on the replay.
Fair. Still though. Dino and our players had us in positions to win this game. We failed to secure those opportunities. It happens. I don’t know any team except maybe Bama that’d be favored and expected to win in desth valley

"ummm the only reason they are even in this game is because of Coach. Get a clue"

He should have taken time off the clock to give the D some rest. That's all. He know it himself. I'll bet is says it post game or during the week. Not a troll. Swollen, bloody knuckles here.
You do understand that the talent level on both squads were not close, right? How many guys on our team would get an offer from the Tigers? How many guys on our team would start for the Tigers. It was close because of the coaching. And Dabo is a terrific coach

You do understand that the talent level on both squads were not close, right?
I don't agree at all. Kind of insulting for you to say that. How many sacks did we have? Who is the better qb? What about our db's how did they play? Wr are we over matched? Dungey have time in the pocket? We were a better team, we just lost

Spied Dungey with LB and a safety wit DE staying home...Dungey had no where to run.

A functional tight end may have helped. Love the big guy but he’s no threat to catch a pass.

I don't agree at all. Kind of insulting for you to say that. How many sacks did we have? Who is the better qb? What about our db's how did they play? Wr are we over matched? Dungey have time in the pocket? We were a better team, we just lost

That’s utterly crazy. Look at how they ran all over us and shut our O down. Clemson has NFL talent all over the field on both sides.

That’s utterly crazy. Look at how they ran all over us and shut our O down. Clemson has NFL talent all over the field on both sides.
Yah they have a better run game yah. They didn't shut our offense down. You guys have this inferiority complex that is seriously infuriating.

It really sucks to lose such a winnable game, but if anything I am more encouraged by this game, not less. This is the type of game where you see the difference between a top 5 program and a program that is trying to rebuild. Clemson has 4 and 5 star recruits all across their roster. When it came to crunch time in the 4th quarter, their superior depth showed as they ran for 5-7 yards a carry. I see a lot of people criticizing Babers for conservative play calling in the 2nd half. Again, don't you think Clemson's D had something to do with it? We spent the whole week talking about the Clemson D line having several nfl players on it. Turns out they can make some offenses look pedestrian for a half of football. My only major complaint was the time management during the last drive. We should have either called some timouts, or once they got to the 20 just let them score.

It would have been amazing to win this game, but most of us thought this was going to be the outcome. The most important thing about this game though is that we can't let Clemson beat us twice. Next weeks game is crucial to prove that Syracuse football is back again.

Buddy, the proof on the field was the coaching. That is sort of the point. Our guys are really coached up. can you see any of our linebackers playing second team for Clemson?
Our linebackers havn't performed up to par, but I'm responding to the talent level of the players we put on the field. Focus on the linebackers then, don't project this inferiority on the whole team.

Our linebackers havn't performed up to par, but I'm responding to the talent level of the players we put on the field. Focus on the linebackers then, don't project this inferiority on the whole team.
Linebackers are on the field. But it is more than just the linebackers. I love the heart our guys are playing with. the desire and the will to play the game the right way. We just aren't near as talented as Clemson. We may never get to that point. But if Dino stays, we will cut the gap.

By the way, their 3rd string freshman QB was completing lasers in the 2nd half. But no talent gap. Kid was no better than Mahoney.
There a talent gap between their 3rd and our 3rd. Plus that guy completed like what how many passes? You guys see one good pass then project. For the players we put on the field, THE TALENT LEVEL WAS ALMOST EVEN UNLESS WE WOULD HAVE BEEN BLOWN OUT.

Before the last 41 seconds their team gave up 4-sacks. Our linebackers were slacking, but yall want to project and not say our rush was not better than their pass protection. Is that not talent?

Buddy, the proof on the field was the coaching. That is sort of the point. Our guys are really coached up. can you see any of our linebackers playing second team for Clemson?

Right. It wasn’t our guys muffing punts and botching handoffs.

Some fans don’t credit coaching when we’re relatively clean of that stuff, but will be the first to blame coaching when mistakes happen.

Reality is many fans aren’t realistic when it comes to judging coaching.

There a talent gap between their 3rd and our 3rd. Plus that guy completed like what how many passes? You guys see one good pass then project. For the players we put on the field, THE TALENT LEVEL WAS ALMOST EVEN UNLESS WE WOULD HAVE BEEN BLOWN OUT
The cap letters are really going to convince people. So, if Shafer was still the coach, the game would have been pretty close, right? Since the talent level is so close

Look at the stats. We got severly outplayed in everything but passing and punting.
28 to 12 first downs
469 to 311 total yards
293 to 61 rushing yards
32:51 to 27:09 TOP

It was a tremendous effort and good scheme to make this such a good game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom