Anyone who criticizes this performance should be banned | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone who criticizes this performance should be banned

The cap letters are really going to convince people.
Just frustrating. Yall are saying what Clemson isn't a well coached team that's why we kept it close? What are yall even saying

Who's arm...What are you talking about?
Dungey... his arm is not right this year. Sure he has some spectacular passes but he misses basic ones that really hurt us.

Yeah, ummm Clemson has 5 first round picks on defense. As much as some don’t like the coaches, they are pretty good. No one should be surprised that they at times had success in stifling our offense. We had our chances, we fell just short. Looking ahead to Pitt and hopefully a 5-1 start. By the way how many on this board thought 5-1 was possible at the start? Not many.

Just frustrating. Yall are saying what Clemson isn't a well coached team that's why we kept it close? What are yall even saying
We all are saying that Dabo is a great coach but Dino is at yet another level. To take this group and have them playing this way is about the coaching. Is there anyone on our team that Clemson would have recruited? Maybe a few. But not many. What guys on our team were recruited by Alabama? Ohio St. N.D.? That is who Clemson goes up against. Not UConn, B.C. Pitt

Just stop...every QB has a handful of bad throws per game. Especially when pressured.
Like the one to n Johnson where he had time to double clutch and would have been a first down on a critical drive to ice the game? I’m sorry but that’s a must-hit pass. Also I really believe our offense does not use the middle of the field because of his inaccuracy.

Like the one to n Johnson where he had time to double clutch and would have been a first down on a critical drive to ice the game? I’m sorry but that’s a must-hit pass. Also I really believe our offense does not use the middle of the field because of his inaccuracy.
It also might because we aren't sure our guys can catch them over the middle. Totally different game there

Just stop...every QB has a handful of bad throws per game. Especially when pressured.
At the end of the day it doesn’t really matter. I’m sure Babers puts the best players out there... but I can’t help thinking what if

If I was to credit anyone besides the coaching staff for our improvement this year, I would credit Eric. He is a leader and a excellent college QB.

Dungey was fine. Our receiver talent is the weakest it’s been since Dino has been here. The young guys aren’t ready.

This is a perfect opportunity for fans to welcome S.U. when they get back to Syracuse. If thousands of people show up, the Universe just might pay attention. Babars & Team have reached a new level here. Last year, they lost heart-breakers to mid-level teams. This year, it is elite teams on their turf.

Had he thrown it in chest, he springs for a big gain. Dungey does not plant his feet when he throws.
Stop criticizing Dungey, he played a good game. The defense played a good game until the end. happens. Let’s focus on 11-1 and going bowling. Enough of the belly aching. Most of you obviously don’t remember the 63-0 beat downs we have gotten in the past from Clemson.

Stop criticizing Dungey, he played a good game. The defense played a good game until the end. happens. Let’s focus on 11-1 and going bowling. Enough of the belly aching. Most of you obviously don’t remember the 63-0 beat downs we have gotten in the past from Clemson.
Agreed we have a very talented team matched with a very good coaching staff. If we stay focused we could have our best performance in decades

At the end of the day, even though the offense did almost nothing in the 2nd half, we still controlled almost the entirety of the game. Clemson was chasing the score the entire game and at the end, had a drive to win the game. Great game.

I sat through the Greg Robinson years as a student and have followed them every week as an alum. I have every right to feel the way I do as anyone else on this board. Babers isnt happy with a moral victory. Why are you?

Not really a criticism... but I want to know whether our passing game is so predictable because Dungey’s inaccuracy is impacting the play calling or whether the play called is just that bad. Clemson showed more faith and creativity in its freshman 3rd string qb with the rpo passes down the middle then we do with our senior qb. What?

This should be discussed. The third string QB outplayed our senior.

I sat through the Greg Robinson years as a student and have followed them every week as an alum. I have every right to feel the way I do as anyone else on this board. Babers isnt happy with a moral victory. Why are you?
Because next week when they beat up Pittsburgh and Dungey throws for 300 yards and rushes for over 100 yards, you will be the fan to say how great he is and how you knew he would lead us to a victory.

Dungey nor Cody Conway lost this game. The TEAM lost this game. This game wasn’t won or lost on one play.

Their 2nd string outplayed their senior. Their 3rd string is essentially DeVito. Same class, same ranking.

Difference was that they got Lawrence, we got Amie (who's going to be great, but he's no Lawrence).

Their guy was also playing with a run game that was ripping off 10 yard chunks at will. Makes it easier.

Just wonder what would have happened if that Dungey pass to Nykeim was about 2 inches higher. Sigh.

“SyRaCuSe WuD oF wOn If It WeReNt FoR bArBeRs N dUnGy.” The rubes that are out there are really something else. Made the mistake of reading some of comments on the Syracuse football page’s post on Facebook. Goodness, people are stupid.

Gotta be prepared for that as we start to win, I guess. Attendance will increase, and the stupid rubes who have been going to country music concerts and craft breweries and yelling at their clutzy kid’s pop warner coach on Saturdays for the last 15 years are going to be around, making stupid comments.

Last edited:

No, he didn’t.

Their O line gashed us in the 2nd half and the kid made the one play he needed to make (and give him full credit for doing so).

And their D line spent almost as much time in our backfield in the second half as Dungey and the RBs did.

Games are won in the trenches and they owned us on both sides of the ball in the second half.

There really wasn’t much there for Dungey. Thought he played within himself and didn’t do anything stupid, got in the end zone both times we were close, put an amazing deep ball on Taj’s hands. MADE THE AMAZING JUMP PASS that got taken back. He didn’t get anything on that one throw to Johnson after double clutching. It hurt, but he did what he could overall. That Clemson D is something else.

Custis, Harris, and Butler all made great catches too. I was actually encouraged by our WR play today, but they’re just clearly not at a level where they’re going to be roasting Clemson’s DB’s consistently.

There really wasn’t much there for Dungey. Thought he played within himself and didn’t do anything stupid, got in the end zone both times we were close, put an amazing deep ball on Taj’s hands. MADE THE AMAZING JUMP PASS that got taken back. He didn’t get anything on that one throw to Johnson after double clutching. It hurt, but he did what he could overall. That Clemson D is something else.

Custis, Harris, and Butler all made great catches too. I was actually encouraged by our WR play today, but they’re just clearly not at a level where they’re going to be roasting Clemson’s DB’s consistently.
WR play impressed me today. Good sign

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom