Anyone who criticizes this performance should be banned | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone who criticizes this performance should be banned

There really wasn’t much there for Dungey. Thought he played within himself and didn’t do anything stupid, got in the end zone both times we were close, put an amazing deep ball on Taj’s hands. MADE THE AMAZING JUMP PASS that got taken back. He didn’t get anything on that one throw to Johnson after double clutching. It hurt, but he did what he could overall. That Clemson D is something else.

Custis, Harris, and Butler all made great catches too. I was actually encouraged by our WR play today, but they’re just clearly not at a level where they’re going to be roasting Clemson’s DB’s consistently.

Yep. Our receivers either aren’t good or aren’t ready. The same QB beat the same Clemson team with Ish and Erv last year. That was the difference.

The trolls have to be on suicide watch right now.
Well, we lost. So probably not. ;)
1538256813311.gif

Dino is a fantastic coach and we are lucky to have him. That doesn't mean people can't make respectful and reasonable critiques of some of his decisions.

He should have started using timeouts sooner on that last Clemson drive to give us more time to work with. (mods, please don't ban me for saying that)

What does it matter. Then we wouldn’t have been able to stop the clock the times dungey was sacked and our WR were halfway down the field.

Last edited:
Their 2nd string outplayed their senior. Their 3rd string is essentially DeVito. Same class, same ranking.

Difference was that they got Lawrence, we got Amie (who's going to be great, but he's no Lawrence).

Their guy was also playing with a run game that was ripping off 10 yard chunks at will. Makes it easier.

Just wonder what would have happened if that Dungey pass to Nykeim was about 2 inches higher. Sigh.

Dung
Yep ...other than the fourth doown completion, he did a great job handing the ball off. Too funny.

I think you forgot the run too. In any event, he did outplay Dungey. Take off your orange glasses.

The problem IMO was Clemson never gave us the option of the QB run it was always covered.
Kind of felt like they didn't call that play much. Which I'm fine with. Getting out of there with Dungey in tact and no other major injuries and almost pulling the upset again is great. Gotta do something about that run defense though.

Proud that the team also played a pretty clean game, too. Not a lot of penalties.

Look at the stats. We got severly outplayed in everything but passing and punting.
28 to 12 first downs
469 to 311 total yards
293 to 61 rushing yards
32:51 to 27:09 TOP

It was a tremendous effort and good scheme to make this such a good game.
Agree with everything but TOP. We rarely win the time of possession battle. By design.

Agree with everything but TOP. We rarely win the time of possession battle. By design.

Agreed. However, I think it was a big factor today because the defense looked gassed on the last drive.

The guys were really dead on their feet.

Love this team

Agreed. However, I think it was a big factor today because the defense looked gassed on the last drive.

The guys were really dead on their feet.

Love this team
For sure. Great effort by our guys though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom