Are the Clemson fans really booing our injuries? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Are the Clemson fans really booing our injuries?

Yes they booed, and loudly. The loudest boos were when the player was actually being helped off the field. This wasn't a "select few"...it was 30,000 boing. Hard to blame it on a rogue few. When Raymon was down a Clemson fan behind the cuse section screamed "drag him off the field". To which a cuse fan responded with a double flying bird...and then the Clemson fan had mini meltdown.

Yes they booed, and loudly. The loudest boos were when the player was actually being helped off the field. This wasn't a "select few"...it was 30,000 boing. Hard to blame it on a rogue few. When Raymon was down a Clemson fan behind the cuse section screamed "drag him off the field". To which a cuse fan responded with a double flying bird...and then the Clemson fan had mini meltdown.
Well, they're not used to trash talk, see. That's the thing.

Other than Hickey, every player who went down for Syracuse either is injured, or just came back from injury.

Eskridge - playing hurt
Raymon - reconstructive knee surgery less than a year ago
Estime - first game back (and I don't think Estime returned, did he?)

Did anyone else go down?
Eskridge gets hurts and writhes around in pain about 2-3 times a game. If his persistent injury is that bad then he shouldn't be playing because he is going to get himself seriously injured.

SU had an offensive player go down in the 2nd half and they were boooooo'ing that. Why would SU fake an injury on offense? To slow themselves down?

They aren't too bright down there.

Good thing we don't have to worry about the space program depending on any of those clowns.

Tigernet is an absolute joke. If you want any decent info from there you have to sort through pages upon pages of mindless drivel. Shakin' the Southland is a much better, more realistic representation of our fan base.
You shamed yourselves last night.

It's really maybe 10% of the fan base and then you just hear all the people around them hushing them. As we all know though the few bad apples always stand out with that kind of nonsense.
Nonsense. It was half the stadium and I never saw anyone hushing them. Shameful.

It's really maybe 10% of the fan base and then you just hear all the people around them hushing them. As we all know though the few bad apples always stand out with that kind of nonsense.
It didn't sound that way to me. It seemed like a third to half of the Clemson fans sitting near us were booing.

When I was coming back with some food, it happened to be right when one of our players was down. A Clemson fan in the tunnel yelled at me to "Get your MF'ing piece of s--- player off the field". Class goes out the window in Clemson when they aren't blowing out a team.

Clemson fan here, and was at the game, i thought the constant booing of players that went down was weird and sort of pointless as Clemsons offense did nothing the entire night, 3 field goals one td, 4 turnovers, Chad Morris doesn't really impress me as a playcaller anymore. Not sure why he is the highest paid OC in the country i kept looking up at the TCU score and wondering that all night.

Anyway if i was a cuse fan i would be talking bad about Clemson fans also, the whole Southern Hospitality thing is bs anyway not sure why people even bother to parrot that over and over, in fact in games against UNC, South Carolina and FSU played at Clemson the crowd can and does get much nastier than they were tonight.

The whole notion of classy or non classy fanbases has always been corny to me , I would never befriend or hang out with probably 98% of the Clemson fan base in my personal life, nor would i hang out with 98% of Syracuse and probably any other school, people are stupid for the most part, and just because they root for the same college team doesn't make them my friend in anyway shape or form. I just root for the team don't care about the rest, if a Syracuse fan flicked me off or started screaming at me I really wouldn't think anything of it past maybe a funny story to tell later, not gonna judge a city or school based on some football fans. peace

TigerWill is correct. It really wasn't that many fans booing. The sound of that syllable does carry though and I can imagine that it sounded like the whole stadium on TV. It just wasn't. I was embarrassed when it happened and it's embarrassing now. I assure you that the majority of our fans are not like that. The ones who travel with the team definitely aren't like that. I too apologize for their stupidity.

Even if I think a player is faking an injury to slow the game, I'm not going to boo them - and I didn't think they were if that matters. For that matter, I don't boo a player on any team for any reason.

Again, apologies for the bad behavior on the part of however many of our fans booed your players.[/QUOTE
I was there and it was half the stadium.
I am accustomed to a few drunken fans but 40,000 is half the fan base. It was really disgusting. Imagine how Clemson fans would react if the situation was reversed.
You did it on national TV so now everyone knows what classless valley is all about.

Saying that it wasn't much fans booing is almost as bad as booing.

We have had posters who were there saying it was well over "10%"

They have the most pathetic fan base we've ever dealt with. They whine for a year over "f*** you Dabo," and then boo our injured players. They're disgusting and that would never happen at syracuse.

It's not right, but it would happen (and has happened) in the Dome.

Every crowd of drunk people who root for a college football teams includes a significant group of people who act like jerks. It's too bad, but it's not limited to Clemson.

Clemson fan here, and was at the game, i thought the constant booing of players that went down was weird and sort of pointless as Clemsons offense did nothing the entire night, 3 field goals one td, 4 turnovers, Chad Morris doesn't really impress me as a playcaller anymore. Not sure why he is the highest paid OC in the country i kept looking up at the TCU score and wondering that all night.

Anyway if i was a cuse fan i would be talking bad about Clemson fans also, the whole Southern Hospitality thing is bs anyway not sure why people even bother to parrot that over and over, in fact in games against UNC, South Carolina and FSU played at Clemson the crowd can and does get much nastier than they were tonight.

The whole notion of classy or non classy fanbases has always been corny to me , I would never befriend or hang out with probably 98% of the Clemson fan base in my personal life, nor would i hang out with 98% of Syracuse and probably any other school, people are stupid for the most part, and just because they root for the same college team doesn't make them my friend in anyway shape or form. I just root for the team don't care about the rest, if a Syracuse fan flicked me off or started screaming at me I really wouldn't think anything of it past maybe a funny story to tell later, not gonna judge a city or school based on some football fans. peace

Good post.

I'm in your house and I will not be disrespectful. However many people booed last night was too many whether it was 1 person or 40,000. I sit in the lower bowl and I don't believe it was half the stadium. Perhaps it was more than 10% but there is no way to quantify that. Your perception is what it is. It embarrassed me on many levels. I'm sure it sounded even worse having it directed toward your team.

When we visited Syracuse last year, your fans were nothing but gracious and welcoming to us. After I got home, I heard several Clemson fans tell of unpleasant experiences in your stadium and proceed to characterize your entire fan base negatively. I didn't argue with them but neither did I buy into their generalizations. I don't like the notion that we are being painted with the same broad strokes but I know how those things work.

I'm not going to try to excuse the booing or explain it away. It was inexcusable and it makes no difference what the people who did it thought they were seeing. It made us look bad. I wish your team nothing but the best for the rest of this season and until you play us again.

I like the "only on sustained drives" thing. Well honestly...duh. Isn't it more likely that a defensive lineman like Sugar Bear is going to cramp up when he's going hard on 6-7 rapid fire plays in a row, and can't get rotated out? And when your legs cramp up, yeah, you're going to go down. Anyone who's ever had a thigh cramp especially knows how painful they are.

You are delusional. When I heard it the first time it was so loud that I thought it was one of those local cheers like Lou, Lou or Boog, Boog that sounded like boo. I didn't realize it until some behind me yelled, "Keep it classy Clemson!"
It got louder each time and was clearly half the stadium. A few drunken fans is one thing, but 40,000 is quite another. It is starting to really piss me off that Clemson posters keep rationalizing such appalling behavior. Go to your own boards and try to teach your cohorts how to behave.

It's not right, but it would happen (and has happened) in the Dome.

Every crowd of drunk people who root for a college football teams includes a significant group of people who act like jerks. It's too bad, but it's not limited to Clemson.
40,000?

Agree. Let's be honest, the school is CLEMSON! A potted plant could get into Clemson. High SAT scores aren't required for admissions if ya know what I mean. Not exactly a top notch educational institution there. The fact their fans have no class and are taking the game too seriously to the point they boooo injured kids playing football is not surprising.

They are living up to their stereotype
You obviously have done so much research on the topic...

Syracuse:
Avg entry weighted GPA 3.81
Avg entry SAT math 593/reading 592/writing 595
Avg ACT 28
US News national rank: tied for 58
Clemson:
Avg entry weighted GPA 3.97
Avg entry SAT math 608/reading 584/writing 580
Avg ACT 27
US News national rank: tied for 62

Syracuse... Long lost member of the Ivy League? I think not...

I was always taught to back up claims with evidence. Then again, I was raised in the South.

Just like every fan base, the majority are not even graduates of the school. Were there legitimate injuries? Yes. Were their questionable "injuries" at opportune times? It seemed like it. Booing does show poor class. No one disagrees with that fact. But if your coaching staff even staged one of the injuries, you guys are just as guilty.

Just like every fan base, the majority are not even graduates of the school. Were there legitimate injuries? Yes. Were their questionable "injuries" at opportune times? It seemed like it. Booing does show poor class. No one disagrees with that fact. But if your coaching staff even staged one of the injuries, you guys are just as guilty.
Well, not quite no one. This clown seems like one of yours... http://syracusefan.com/threads/hey-clemson.81995/page-2#post-1175208

You obviously have done so much research on the topic...

Syracuse:
Avg entry weighted GPA 3.81
Avg entry SAT math 593/reading 592/writing 595
Avg ACT 28
US News national rank: tied for 58
Clemson:
Avg entry weighted GPA 3.97
Avg entry SAT math 608/reading 584/writing 580
Avg ACT 27
US News national rank: tied for 62

Syracuse... Long lost member of the Ivy League? I think not...

I was always taught to back up claims with evidence. Then again, I was raised in the South.

holy smokes, get over yourself really. Do you not have anything better to do than troll a Syracuse fan website? Who cares what you think?

holy smokes, get over yourself really. Do you not have anything better to do than troll a Syracuse fan website? Who cares what you think?
Guess you care... You took the time to respond... So thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom