Are the Clemson fans really booing our injuries? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Are the Clemson fans really booing our injuries?

ahh, you must be so proud. I'll bet your mother taught you your manners, what a good job she did.

Butt-hurt that someone actually made a factual response to knucklehead rhetoric, huh? I know it does not happen much... Enjoy!

Butt-hurt that someone actually made a factual response to knucklehead rhetoric, huh? I know it does not happen much... Enjoy!
Oh my goodness, what a terrific representation of the Clemson fan base.I couldn't be more shocked. I definitely think you should stick around and post often. I am certain there will be many terrific conversations to be had over the next few months.

Which boos were louder, when our injured player left the field or when the Clemson offense left the field? On TV, both came across very loud. At one point, I thought the injury boos were just pre-boos for the upcoming punt or turnover boos.

If I were a highly recruited HS senior named Mookie, I would totally go to school there. You'd feel celebrated the whole game.

Oh my goodness, what a terrific representation of the Clemson fan base.I couldn't be more shocked. I definitely think you should stick around and post often. I am certain there will be many terrific conversations to be had over the next few months.
Once again, you have contributed nothing meaningful. I responded to smack talk with factual info. You respond to factual info with more smack talk. Congrats on your "thoughtful" effort.

Just like every fan base, the majority are not even graduates of the school. Were there legitimate injuries? Yes. Were their questionable "injuries" at opportune times? It seemed like it. Booing does show poor class. No one disagrees with that fact. But if your coaching staff even staged one of the injuries, you guys are just as guilty.

Name one questionable injury and I will probably show you a guy fresh off injured reserve or that is currently nursing an injury sustained yesterday. You guys just need to leave it alone after "Booing does show poor class. " That's it. When visiting players get injured at the dome they are given a round of applause when they are walked off the field. That's the way it should be.

Last edited:
Name one questionable injury and I will probably show you a guy fresh of injured reserve or that is currently nursing an injury sustained yesterday. You guys just need to leave it along after "Booing does show poor class. " That's it. When visiting players get injured at the dome they are given a round of applause when they are walked off the field. That's the way it should be.
I dont disagree with you...

Once again, you have contributed nothing meaningful. I responded to smack talk with factual info. You respond to factual info with more smack talk. Congrats on your "thoughtful" effort.
meh. you're not worth it. Have fun while you're here, I'm sure it's the highlight of your day

NKR1978 said:
It's not Clemson, it's the South. The southeast sucks.

Baylor fans don't do this at all.

40,000?
If you're wondering where I got that 10% number, I was looking at the rest of the fraternities/student sections around me in the corner near the hill and saw maybe 10 or 15 people booing out of a few hundred. As a part of the Greeks we're usually the most hostile portion of the stadium yet there weren't many people at all booing. For whatever reason the booing is a problem perpetuated more by Clemson's older fans or those who aren't alumni, so I assumed the percentage was higher in other areas of Death Valley. Clemson really does make an effort to treat the visitors well and it's a damn shame that so many "fans" choose to ignore these efforts.

If you're wondering where I got that 10% number, I was looking at the rest of the fraternities/student sections around me in the corner near the hill and saw maybe 10 or 15 people booing out of a few hundred. As a part of the Greeks we're usually the most hostile portion of the stadium yet there weren't many people at all booing. For whatever reason the booing is a problem perpetuated more by Clemson's older fans or those who aren't alumni, so I assumed the percentage was higher in other areas of Death Valley. Clemson really does make an effort to treat the visitors well and it's a damn shame that so many "fans" choose to ignore these efforts.
I was not wondering I just thought you were in denial.

In our section, we were cheering for our guys and some young Clemson jackass (drunk) stood up turned around and with double peace signs blazing yelled F*** you Syracuse!

An older Clemson gentleman stood up and yelled back to him that his behavior was unacceptable, that women were present and demanded that he apologize and shut up. I felt like applauding the guy but it would not have been appropriate. Like the bad little boy that he was, the jerk put his tail between his legs and climbed the stairs to apologize and ask forgiveness.

Your problems are not older fans.

Every time we cheered for our team, which was why we were there, we got some kind of crude gesture or comment from some young drunk. We are not Boy Scouts so it was no big deal. However, if you don't want us there, we just won't come next time.

Players families come to these games and I cannot imagine what they felt like watching their sons on the ground and listening to 40,000 people booing.

Here's a clue for you - its a freaking game. If your collective sense of self worth is a function of a won-loss record you have bigger problems that you can imagine.

Stay classy Clemson.

... so I assumed the percentage was higher in other areas of Death Valley. Clemson really does make an effort to treat the visitors well and it's a damn shame that so many "fans" choose to ignore these efforts.
We met some nice Clemson people on the way to the stadium. The Clemson fanatics that surrounded the visitors' section were clearly of the booing pedigree.

With the possible exception of a blown call by the officials (or theatrics by an opposing coach - hello John Thompson), booing just doesn't belong in college sports.

This is going to be unpopular, but I agree with the bump.

Bush on our part.
Big difference. Clemson boo'd our offensive players. We did not boo our offensive player. They only get "cramps" when we are in the red zone or driving.

Big difference. Clemson boo'd our offensive players. We did not boo our offensive player. They only get "cramps" when we are in the red zone or driving.

It's bad form, no matter the circumstances. :noidea:

RF2044 said:
This is going to be unpopular, but I agree with the bump. Bush on our part.

Nobody that got hurt in their side was booed. They ones booed were the fraud cramps. Always conveniently timed and only in defense. The offensive player who obviously hurt his leg was not booed. Every one of those cramped players acted like jackasses on the sideline because they knew they got over on us. Babers even had a string convo with the refs a couple of times. One of their doofuses even poured water on his cramp, it was such a joke.

It's a loophole that has to be addressed by the NCAA. I don't know what the current rules are but a defensive player who causes an injury timeout should have to miss ____(4?) plays...or something like that. Unfortunately there's nothing else you can really do as the intent is obviously impossible to determine

That being said, even tho I completely get the frustration, imo, our fanbase really just can't boo any "injured" opposing player on the ground. I get that what we're really booing is the coach/approach/concept but who and what the actual boos are directed at is a college kid.

And even tho, with our offense, the defensive player grabbing his hammy etc, will overwhelmingly be BS, it's just not worth the ONE time Syracuse fans boo a legitimately injured kid on the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom