Army Attendance | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Army Attendance

The problem is, two games left after Clemson…

A Friday night game and the Saturday after thanksgiving

It is really odd that the students won't have a Saturday home game in October or November.

But I guess you only get one chance to celebrate the 100th anniversary of a game played on a baseball field across the street from where we're going to be playing.

Exactly, I should be getting paid posts from Syracuse on my social media feed

I get nothing

You know what I’ve gotten a lot of? Binghamton Rumble Ponies for the championship series games that they HAVENT even advanced to.

We’re taking a DOUBLE A program is out marketing a P5 college football team
You got that too?

As far as SU, I'd surmise they don't have a large marketing budget which is why you're not seeing paid ads on social. They're banking on the algorithm forcing it into your feed but if you follow SU sports, you already know what and how the team is doing.

You got that too?

As far as SU, I'd surmise they don't have a large marketing budget which is why you're not seeing paid ads on social. They're banking on the algorithm forcing it into your feed but if you follow SU sports, you already know what and how the team is doing.

Their budget is relatively small, I do know that

They also heavily rely on interns to do most of the work

Then that’s a really recent change and I hope that is the case
I don’t know the exact ins and outs. But SU hired his group (Legends) to do this stuff. The Cowboys, Yankees and a bunch of other big sports groups use them.

I don’t know the exact ins and outs. But SU hired his group (Legends) to do this stuff. The Cowboys, Yankees and a bunch of other big sports groups use them.

Yes, I’m very familiar with legends and the legends crew

12 Noon is a killer. I offered 2 extra tickets to a friend and his wife, but they have kid commitments. Would have gone if it was 3:30 or later. Thats a huge factor

Yup, hate noon games

The problem is, two games left after Clemson…

A Friday night game and the Saturday after thanksgiving
Anecdotally, people I grew up with visit during this time (thanksgiving) from out-of-town love to attend. But obviously it's only one game.

Their budget is relatively small, I do know that

They also heavily rely on interns to do most of the work
Invested in Coaching staff upgrades, support staff and facilities over marketing, I suppose. Figure if the team is strong enough it will market itself and if the team sucks, Jeff Bezos wouldn't be able to market it.

Too each their own, but I haven’t seen anything from the marketing department for this game?

Yeah the hard fires know there is a game but if you asked the average person on the street, they have no idea
I’m not sure who you consider the average person. Sports fans in CNY know that there is a a game against Army Saturday . Jeffery and Madge Smith who are taking their chihuahua to Peoria for the dog show don’t know . We have 32 guys in our Minoa golf league , I’d be willing to guess that if you asked, almost everyone knows SU plays Army Saturday. Getting them to go to the Dome….. totally different story.

I’m not sure who you consider the average person. Sports fans in CNY know that there is a a game against Army Saturday . Jeffery and Madge Smith who are taking their chihuahua to Peoria for the dog show don’t know . We have 32 guys in our Minoa golf league , I’d be willing to guess that if you asked, almost everyone knows SU plays Army Saturday. Getting them to go to the Dome….. totally different story.
I agree - people know. Reality is most of the people don't care, and certainly don't care enough to attend or to watch it for four hours.

The other thing is it’s easy to watch every game from your couch, unfortunately. Turn on TV and flip over to Colorado or Clemson/FSU at commercials and halftime

Too each their own, but I haven’t seen anything from the marketing department for this game?

Yeah the hard fires know there is a game but if you asked the average person on the street, they have no idea
My point is those people don’t care about football. Why bother.

Saw a billboard for the game today, but it was an ACCN billboard promoting watching it on tv lol

And because of that you decided to put your tix on stubhub and watch at home lol

I know that they are not
That's frankly sad. I'm in comms, not marketing, but even I could fake my way through a better campaign. Really odd approach -- could be bombard folks on social with paid ads and make a difference.

The other thing is it’s easy to watch every game from your couch, unfortunately. Turn on TV and flip over to Colorado or Clemson/FSU at commercials and halftime
Yup. and have functioning internet. Most younger fans expect to go online, bet, text friends, interact on social media, etc. during a game. I hope the new internet setup is promoted and leveraged appropriately.

Find it bizarre they kept promoting an app download that nobody can even access.

I’m surprised there aren’t more people from the Rochester area that go to games. It’s an easy hour drive down the thruway if you’re on the east side of Rochester and plenty go the opposite direction on Sunday’s to go to Bills games.

I’m surprised there aren’t more people from the Rochester area that go to games. It’s an easy hour drive down the thruway if you’re on the east side of Rochester and plenty go the opposite direction on Sunday’s to go to Bills games.

I’ve always thought the same thing with the Albany area.

Also, if you don’t think ads work, why do we still have commercial breaks on TV, radio etc

If they don’t work, companies wouldn’t be spending the $$$ on it
Cable ad spend is declining per user specifically because it’s not particularly effective. Internet is far more effective because it requires minimal effort to engage, it’s also highly personalized

Last edited:
At a certain point, blame needs to fall on the community and alumni.

I hear ads a lot. When are we going to call our fair weather fans who only care when we’re ranked.

Tickets are cheap. No excuses other than “I’m not a fan.” I realize people have commitments and obligations, but 10,000+ people aren’t all busy
Calling out fair weather fans won’t do anything but push them away. We need to convert fair weather fans to die hards and the only way to do that is sustained success.

At a certain point, blame needs to fall on the community and alumni.

I hear ads a lot. When are we going to call our fair weather fans who only care when we’re ranked.

Tickets are cheap. No excuses other than “I’m not a fan.” I realize people have commitments and obligations, but 10,000+ people aren’t all busy
Blame?

It amazes me how often i head home after a game and have people ask me if they played today.. Its like every game.

They care enough to ask how they did but not to ever go.. Now many I know, never go to any games. I know a ton that follow SU BBAll and have never gone to the dome as well.

Last weekend my wife was in the grocery store with her ‘cuse shirt on and some random moron asked her if he could say “Orangeman anymore”.
People are just so obnoxious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom