As Syracuse transitions to mobile ticketing, some fans feel left behind | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

As Syracuse transitions to mobile ticketing, some fans feel left behind

i guess they could as long as they dont secure it like so many apps are doing

If the phone is dead you cant access the picture to take a picture of it.

I guess my point is, while the above are potential solutions, there need to be charging stations, and STRONG wifi, both outside the gates and inside the dome, if they are going to rely so much on electronic tickets
Am I the only one who would never go to the game, or anywhere for that matter, without having a good battery level?

Am I the only one who would never go to the game, or anywhere for that matter, without having a good battery level?
You sound like a responsible adult! I am usually charged but if it is a night game and we are enjoying ourselves for a while in the lot, I could see the phone losing juice.

I am also the guy who has his wife hold on to his paper ticket until we get to the gate.

Reads like they are pushing people into getting a My Cuse account? I keep harping on this but MLB does the exact same thing.

Yea this is an industry trend and not SU.

It’s a very stupid one that should be reversed immediately.

People can actually scam easier now texting QR code screen shots to hundreds of people. Vs selling multiple print offs. The only way to prevent this is if they change the QR code and make people pull up the correct one right when they get to the gate which means have working WiFi.

I mean now you don’t even need a printer or copier to scam someone super easy via phone. Like ticketguy said the dudes on Marshall st will still want to pick up extras and resell them.

5 years ago all this stuff was easier. It’s all about control.

I would never. But what about the time you call asleep and your plug isnt fully in? What about if you tailgate in the cold and it drains your battery unexpectedly? Im just saying stuff happens.

If the phone is dead you cant access the picture to take a picture of it.

I guess my point is, while the above are potential solutions, there need to be charging stations, and STRONG wifi, both outside the gates and inside the dome, if they are going to rely so much on electronic tickets
Everyone in your family has dead phones at the same time? You don't charge your phone before leaving your house? I get your question but you're answer acts like you aren't leaving preparing for anything. I get it but if people do just a little prep there should not be major issues. People without phones is definitely legit issue and the dome ticket office should be allowed to print your game ticket onsite if you go to a window. Lastly I thought I heard the wifi and cell service was upgraded at the dome during the phase 1 upgrade.

People can actually scam easier now texting QR code screen shots to hundreds of people. Vs selling multiple print offs. The only way to prevent this is if they change the QR code and make people pull up the correct one right when they get to the gate which means have working WiFi.

I mean now you don’t even need a printer or copier to scam someone super easy via phone. Like ticketguy said the dudes on Marshall st will still want to pick up extras and resell them.

I went into this kicking and screaming myself when the Nats did it but honestly the process (once you got it down) saved tremendous time in distributing tickets and never saw a problem at the gate.

I guess that's where my thinking is at and might be where my OCD kicks in a bit. I guess if I'm in a situation where my phone is even remotely close to that point, I turn it off unless absolutely needed. Heck what if your car breaks down or some emergency worse than not being able to access your tickets?

So I lied. Earlier I said I'd leave it at it's discriminatory but I I'm not. Sue me!

I (used to) go to ball games and concerts all over the country. I travel for business some and for the last 25 years I almost always work in a ball game or show of some sort so am very familiar with the electronic ticketing process. If you have the correct technology, and everyone else does also it can be very convenient. Transferring of tickets between groups and individuals is a snap and you don't have to meet your buddy's friend that's buying your extra set by Gate 4 at 11:15 and wait...But as with many technologies it has its drawbacks. It was great when I met my family in Minneapolis for a Yankee game. 20 of us coming from 4 different states I was able to send tix in advance to everyone except my 70 year old aunt. Naturally the one hosting all of us in MN. No smart phone. So when auntie wanted to go in when the gates opened with my 6 year and the rest of us wanted to keep socializing at the sports bar across the street someone had to go with them. Minor? Sure. But not convenient. Another downfall (maybe my fault) is that I now have MLB ticket app accounts for the Nationals, Yankees, Twins, Cubs, Rays, Angels, DBacks and Reds. I'm not sure why I couldn't use my original Reds MLB account. Add those to a couple NBA accounts and various concert and ticket broker apps and
Personally I rarely go to events anymore without a battery power stick along. But if you're making a day of it challenges can arise. Too many times I have sweated out having enough battery to get in.

I know on Ticketmaster that the QR code is constantly changing.

I get why you "might" run out of cell battery, but to say that the Dome is now responsible to install charging stations? It's not their fault.

I get why you "might" run out of cell battery, but to say that the Dome is now responsible to install charging stations? It's not their fault.
Actually if they are going to demand mobile tickets and mobile paying at the conession stands they are responsible. And this is very common at most "new" stadiums these days (i have seen it first hand). They all have charging stations with the cords provided at some and locations where you can go and plug in your phone to get a charge.

Worth noting I was in Wegmans last night and noticed that they are moving SOME of the checkouts to self serve and after talking to the normal checkout person she mentioned that if will also allow for people to scan items purchased via mobile app and simply pay by phone when leaving to save on time.

However they are not moving all the checkout process to an app based or sell service process only a small portion for those to choose to use it.

Perhaps venue operators can take notice of this and instead of jamming mobile ticketing down everyones throat they simply give their customers a choice.

wegmans will also only do it in certain areas.. It was like BJs stopped checking carts when you left for awhile around the state and then got hammered in syracuse and Roch with theft and had to go back to that model.

They are not doing mobile for the customer they are just trying to eliminate jobs.

Maybe someone already addressed this but what happens when you bring kids? Do you have multiple tickets on one device?

Maybe someone already addressed this but what happens when you bring kids? Do you have multiple tickets on one device?

at least when I went to Royals games with my parents, I have had all 3 tickets on my phone fwiw. Imagine it would be the same.

This threads ability to stay hot is an amazing occurrence in the time of COVID and no fans at games
It's always better to educate and get informed about how something works beforehand than after the fact. We may be able to go to games in October from what I see others posting. Buffalo game mid month has been mentioned I think?

It's always better to educate and get informed about how something works beforehand than after the fact. We may be able to go to games in October from what I see others posting. Buffalo game mid month has been mentioned I think?

The Bills were "hoping" that fans would be allowed for the Oct 15 game against the Chiefs.

Personally I rarely go to events anymore without a battery power stick along. But if you're making a day of it challenges can arise. Too many times I have sweated out having enough battery to get in.

I bought one of those at the 2019 PGA Championship and it was a lifesaver

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom