At UNC. ACC refs | Syracusefan.com

At UNC. ACC refs

At some point the mounting evidence becomes overwhelming. I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but the southern bias appears to be very real. It’s to the point where you can count on it.
There is no evidence. Undisciplined and overmatched teams are penalty prone, it’s simple as that. There isn’t a fan base in this league that doesn’t bitch about the refs. UNC claims Duke is the favorite, Duke thinks UNC is. Florida state thinks Miami gets all calls, same the other way. It’s a cheap excuse

There is no evidence. Undisciplined and overmatched teams are penalty prone, it’s simple as that. There isn’t a fan base in this league that doesn’t bitch about the refs. UNC claims Duke is the favorite, Duke thinks UNC is. Florida state thinks Miami gets all calls, same the other way. It’s a cheap excuse
SUFB is very undisciplined, most penalties in FBS last season and still up there this season. Penalties also consistently get called against us while the opposition doesn’t get the same calls while committing the same penalties. Both can be true as it’s not mutually exclusive.

Not a “cheap excuse”, it’s a fact that is discussed almost weekly during conference play. Case in point, the targeting against Shrader last week. Care to explain to all of us what the indisputable evidence was to overturn the ruling on the field so quickly?

SUFB is very undisciplined, most penalties in FBS last season and still up there this season. Penalties also consistently get called against us while the opposition doesn’t get the same calls while committing the same penalties. Both can be true as it’s not mutually exclusive.

Not a “cheap excuse”, it’s a fact that is discussed almost weekly during conference play. Case in point, the targeting against Shrader last week. Care to explain to all of us what the indisputable evidence was to overturn the ruling on the field so quickly?
The helmet hit the shoulder. That’s what turned it over. You REALLY think the ACC refs would put player safety at risk in an effort to help a 2-loss Clemson team win a football game? Are you serious

Come on, stop with this. Children claim the game is rigged, adults recognize that things don’t always go their way.

I do believe there is bias on the part of the refs, there are many people south of the Mason/Dixon, still pissed off about loosing the cival war. They fight to hold on to the relics of the old South and they don’t like Yankees and it appears very obvious to me that SU is judged more harshly than one southern counterparts.

The helmet hit the shoulder. That’s what turned it over. You REALLY think the ACC refs would put player safety at risk in an effort to help a 2-loss Clemson team win a football game? Are you serious

Come on, stop with this. Children claim the game is rigged, adults recognize that things don’t always go their way.
So anyone who disagrees with you is not acting like an adult? Gotta love these internet conversations. By the way, his head wouldn’t have twisted if it was just his shoulder.

I have to agree with David. Game-turning calls have been made against Cuse, especially when they play Clemson. That hit, even if it did catch the shoulder, was a glancing hit on the chin as well ...with crown of the helmet.

And we should know from history that you don't have to hit an offensive player on the helmet for a targeting call to occur. See Mikel Jones ejection last year where he hit the guy on the hip.

And then, last season against Clemson, we have the bogus "hitting the QB out of bounds" when the QB was clearly still turned upfield to make a play ...turned the whole game upside down ...and then a late hit out of bounds happened later in the game against a Cuse player and it wasn't called

I'm not saying Dino and team are not accountable for the number of bone-headed penalties they make, but Cuse has been victimized by the refs in the recent past and are expected to continue to play through it and hope for the best

C514168E-0240-4B4F-8029-72F753C77073.jpeg

Intelligent people recognize the history of inconsistent officiating in Syracuse's matchups versus Clemson and apply that logic, perhaps inappropriately, due to past experience to 50/50 calls.

I have to agree with David. Game-turning calls have been made against Cuse, especially when they play Clemson. That hit, even if it did catch the shoulder, was a glancing hit on the chin as well ...with crown of the helmet.

And we should know from history that you don't have to hit an offensive player on the helmet for a targeting call to occur. See Mikel Jones ejection last year where he hit the guy on the hip.

And then, last season against Clemson, we have the bogus "hitting the QB out of bounds" when the QB was clearly still turned upfield to make a play ...turned the whole game upside down ...and then a late hit out of bounds happened later in the game against a Cuse player and it wasn't called

I'm not saying Dino and team are not accountable for the number of bone-headed penalties they make, but Cuse has been victimized by the refs in the recent past and are expected to continue to play through it and hope for the best
ALL these calls go against us against them. Give me ONE big, game turning call that’s gone in Cuse’s favor against Clemson. Ever. I think we’ve had 4-5 close games with them at this point.

These guys who pretend otherwise literally just want an Internet cookie or pat on the back for being “neutral”.

Last edited:
And they also are humans and fans and most of them probably think we’re a scrub football school.

So….
So what? They think Syracuse is a scrub football school that means calls go against the school? Does that mean that when Syracuse plays BC they get beneficial calls? How about versus Wake? Or Western Michigan?

So anyone who disagrees with you is not acting like an adult? Gotta love these internet conversations. By the way, his head wouldn’t have twisted if it was just his shoulder.
Anyone who thinks people actively work to make calls go against Syracuse are not acting like adults, that’s right.

I do believe there is bias on the part of the refs, there are many people south of the Mason/Dixon, still pissed off about loosing the cival war. They fight to hold on to the relics of the old South and they don’t like Yankees and it appears very obvious to me that SU is judged more harshly than one southern counterparts.
You must have missed last year’s Clemson game.

Bad calls do not = rigged calls. Why didn’t Syracuse 2018 hit on the Clemson QB get a targeting? Easily could’ve been a call that was made. How about Syracuse 3rd Q interception on DJ last, corner was all over the receiver yet there was no call. How about 2017 when the Kelly Bryant hit could’ve been called unnecessary roughness?

These calls, or lack there of, went Syracuse’s way. How about we stop excusing stupid unneeded hits and plays by claiming bias. QB nearly out of bounds? Don’t hit them, or don’t throw them to ground at the very least. Ball uncatchable? Don’t grab the receivers arm and get your head around.

There hasn’t been a “last time Syracuse for a call to go against Clemson” because they’ve been more athletic, more disciplined and all around better (last year not withstanding). Clemson doesn’t put themselves in bad situations, Syracuse does.

Bad calls do not = rigged calls. Why didn’t Syracuse 2018 hit on the Clemson QB get a targeting? Easily could’ve been a call that was made. How about Syracuse 3rd Q interception on DJ last, corner was all over the receiver yet there was no call. How about 2017 when the Kelly Bryant hit could’ve been called unnecessary roughness?

These calls, or lack there of, went Syracuse’s way. How about we stop excusing stupid unneeded hits and plays by claiming bias. QB nearly out of bounds? Don’t hit them, or don’t throw them to ground at the very least. Ball uncatchable? Don’t grab the receivers arm and get your head around.

There hasn’t been a “last time Syracuse for a call to go against Clemson” because they’ve been more athletic, more disciplined and all around better (last year not withstanding). Clemson doesn’t put themselves in bad situations, Syracuse does.
Targeting Shrader on the opening freaking drive was Clemson putting themselves in a bad situation, but it’s all good so long as the zebras are good ole boys.

I’ve done this before and I won’t do this again. These refs are from all over the country. This isn’t the Waffle House rebellion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom