Class of 2015 - ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI

Hard to believe Kenterius had no offers and I guess is also unrated. He certainly has all the tools and is a gifted athlete. He seems like a really nice kid. The more I read the more I like him. Oh yes, did I mention that he's smart and I really like smart?

Kudos to the staff for bringing in two good QB prospects that seem like good students and good kids.

Makes me smile to see how happy he is to be Orange. Always nice when good things happen to nice people.

Could he be the one?

He didn't even have a skout profile until last week

It's the "Syracuse Effect". Once Syracuse is on you, everybody else takes notice and jumps into the fray.

This is why I absolutely trust our staffs ability in their talent evaluations. It's not just us die hards with orange glasses that like the kids we get, it's opposing coaching staffs as well. Always says something if your peers mimic your actions. Imitation is the best form of flattery.

You fit in so well here. Every once in awhile I scroll to far and see those comments then remember quickly why I abstain from reading them. Those people would find a way to b**** about Andrew Luck if he was our QB

Wonder if they're plants, from UB, BC, Rutgers, etc?

I like the theory that they're trolls hired by the paper to drive page views.
I totally agree with this. In fact, back in the day, I got bounced from there for calling them out on this. One of the proudest days of my life;-)

It is odd but who knew about Bromley until the NYC All Star game in June 2 months before camp? Couple that with a P5 school taking the plunge and making an offer and then word gets out.

It seems to me we tried to keep this on the down low and made it happen quickly. Had we not gotten that first visit he'd probably be headed somewhere else and I'm shocked they got his signature before he left.

From what I've read, KW is the one who initiated the idea of signing while on his visit. Word is that he made the trip alone...I thought that a parent/guardian also needed to sign. Maybe his parents signed via fax?

This staff could do wonders with an early signing period.

They are able to detect talent, create relationships and act fast to get what they want/need.

Impressive stuff. Really hope we can win consistently.
I agree about the staff's ability of identifying early, but if there was an early signing period, there would be no Womack and other late signees to SU. They would have filled up the slots with all of McDonald's commits who since decommitted. I prefer the ones we have now.

This has to be a function of a bunch of teams with signing day disappointments or surprises. Not unlike us, you've suddenly got a spot available, you didn't fill that need the way you thought you would, and that's when you say, lets take a good look at who's still out there and try to find that one that fell through the cracks. I just assume other teams felt they had their needs filled or their attention elsewhere and did their own "shut it down". Smaller school, less press, highly regarded competition getting all the interest. I would also assume some of it is a function of his coaches not being as well connected and maybe the rest of his team not having many prospects. How many times have we got on a recruit because we were first enticed by someone else at the school, and we were looking for an avenue to create a relationship with the coaching staff or the other kid?

Small school, rural Alabama, P5 priority candidates and commits. Myriad of reasons a kid might not get a look. Even with all of the social media sites, Hudl, rating sites, and such, it's impossible to properly review and rate every kid. Too many of them. Even Scout has admitted they don't thoroughly review tape of everyone, hence the two-star rating of a lot of players.

Wonder if they're plants, from UB, BC, Rutgers, etc?

It's a good thought but if you were from the Northeast you'd already know that 2 of those programs don't have enough dedicated fans to pull off such a feat. BC maybe but Bostonians will tell you exactly how they feel without the guise of being another fan base.

Cantankerous Kenterius

I know he's a nice kid, I just like the flow of this nickname. :rolleyes:

I actually thought that you weren't allowed to sign an LOI on campus so I was a bit surprised to see that happened, but I'm happy the staff got it done.

I actually thought that you weren't allowed to sign an LOI on campus so I was a bit surprised to see that happened, but I'm happy the staff got it done.

Great now .com will have a story about it. :)

Yeah, I thought the announcement couldn't be made on campus, which I recall is why Jimmy Clausen rented a limo to transport his family to the College FB HOF, elsewhere in South Bend, to make his commitment announcement.