Class of 2015 - ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI

Dungey looks to have about 20 lbs on KW. I like them both, lets them them get acclimated quickly and then fight it out in the spring. Hopefully during a few bowl practices as well! :)

He's a better pure athlete than Hunt, I'd say, and I don't think it's particularly close to be honest. Nothing against Hunt, who runs the ball well, but his speed and agility are not on Womack's level, if you ask me.

Based on his film, can't argue the point.

He looks to be very athletic.

Nobody recruited this guy?

And he was coached by Mike Dubose?

It just doesn't make sense.

Agreed. That's what a lot of us were saying at the time. He's also a good student, so no potential academic risks. It made zero sense [especially given that his coach was a former high profile college coach].

I think it had a lot to do with extremely small school + he was a multi sport athlete who didn't "specialize" in football [he's reportedly a very good baseball player, as well].

Nobody recruited this guy?

And he was coached by Mike Dubose?

It just doesn't make sense.
Sure it does. Lots of good athletes are overlooked every year, for any number of reasons. Small school being one of the biggest.

Agreed. That's what a lot of us were saying at the time. He's also a good student, so no potential academic risks. It made zero sense [especially given that his coach was a former high profile college coach].

I think it had a lot to do with extremely small school + he was a multi sport athlete who didn't "specialize" in football [he's reportedly a very good baseball player, as well].
Yup - and by all accounts, apparently Dubose just didn't give a S*** about promoting his players very much. Hell, Womack's HUDL film wasn't even put out there until AFTER signing day, was it?

jekelish said:
Yup - and by all accounts, apparently Dubose just didn't give a S*** about promoting his players very much. Hell, Womack's HUDL film wasn't even put out there until AFTER signing day, was it?

Stinks of "washed up coach doesn't give a rip about football anymore" ...

Granted I have only watched a few tapes of KW, but is he on par with TH's athleticism?

Looking at him as a prospect right now, where do you think he ends up in comparison to TH
Both ED and KW are far more explosive than TH. Especially KW...he has that rare combination of exceptional quickness and top end speed.

TH, while somewhat athletic, isn't in the same class athletically as either of these two,imo. Heck, he runs a 4.9 forty and has a much weaker arm than both incoming kids.

Yeah, the thing with Womack especially is that he was being recruited as a WR/DB as well by some schools. That means he's got some explosiveness to him, and according to his HUDL profile, he runs a 4.47...however accurate that may or may not be.

I love that he was a multisport athlete. He may lag slightly in football specific skills, but it's actually better for general athleticism and injury risk.

If things don't work out at QB for Womack, he'd still make one hell of a safety... Just sayin

I really hope Womack really develops into a starter, but to pencil him in as a 4-year starter before he gets on campus is a bit premature. And we all know premature anything isn't very good.

Upstate said:
I really hope Womack really develops into a starter, but to pencil him in as a 4-year starter before he gets on campus is a bit premature. And we all know premature anything isn't very good.

Depends on how much time you have.

I like him a lot, and about 6 others coming in (Shy,Blair, ED, Pickard, Clark, and Perkins). Not sure any of them will be impact players as true frosh though. But hoping either Womack or Dungey develop quickly enough that they are a solid back-up to Hunt this year.

Cheers,
Neil

Kid is probably my favorite recruit in this class.

Excellent height, speed and agility.

High level baseball player means elevated hand/eye and arm skills.
I agree with this. I think he is the most promising QB in a while.

bcubs9497 said:
Sure it does. Lots of good athletes are overlooked every year, for any number of reasons. Small school being one of the biggest.

It's not as much the small school thing as it is who was coaching the small school. Almost seems like DuBose is an outcast in the state at this point. I mean, how can he not have enough contacts to get the kid's name out there?

That's the part I never understood.

It's not as much the small school thing as it is who was coaching the small school. Almost seems like DuBose is an outcast in the state at this point. I mean, how can he not have enough contacts to get the kid's name out there?

That's the part I never understood.
DuBose IS an outcast in this state. 'Bama fans don't even mention his name unless forced to do so. Him, Mike Shula, Price, and Francionne are what we consider to be the "Dark Ages" of Alabama football.

ETA: These guys really sucked. Well, Francione won us games, but he's a lot like Bobby Petrino.

Last edited:
bcubs9497 said:
DuBose IS an outcast in this state. 'Bama fans don't even mention his name unless forced to do so. Him, Mike Shula, Price, and Francionne are what we consider to be the "Dark Ages" of Alabama football. ETA: These guys really sucked. Well, Francione won us games, but he's a lot like Bobby Petrino.

That is one weird state.

That is one weird state.

You have to understand, people in Alabama take their football SERIOUSLY. People get pissed when their team (Auburn or Alabama) lose more than 2 games in a season. They're expected to win, and to perennially vie for a national championship. Anything less is a sucky season. Dubose, Shula, Francione, and Price didn't measure up. A lot of their failure had to do with the NCAA sanctions handed down because of violations during Dubose's tenure. It took some time for Alabama to get over the sanctions; a bit less than 10 years. Right when Saban came to Tuscaloosa.

To be honest, had Saban been hired in that 10 year stretch, he'd most likely would've been fired.

You have to understand, people in Alabama take their football SERIOUSLY. People get pissed when their team (Auburn or Alabama) lose more than 2 games in a season. They're expected to win, and to perennially vie for a national championship. Anything less is a sucky season. Dubose, Shula, Francione, and Price didn't measure up. A lot of their failure had to do with the NCAA sanctions handed down because of violations during Dubose's tenure. It took some time for Alabama to get over the sanctions; a bit less than 10 years. Right when Saban came to Tuscaloosa.

To be honest, had Saban been hired in that 10 year stretch, he'd most likely would've been fired.

Well Price didn't even make it the sidelines for his first game - HA!

For what it's worth - Dubose coached at a D3 school for awhile, and my college used to be in the same conference. I never met Dubose, but every indication I got from the people who interacted with him was that he was a Grade A douchenozzle.

Out of curiosity, are you an Alabama fan for the most part?