Class of 2016 - ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

I highly doubt Moe chooses Wake over $800. I feel good about him, one week to go. He sure wasn't Tweeting any pics of himself with a Wake legend yesterday(do they have any?) :)

I highly doubt Moe chooses Wake over $800. I feel good about him, one week to go. He sure wasn't Tweeting any pics of himself with a Wake legend yesterday(do they have any?) :)
Well, not sure about 'legends', but here is a list of their retired jerseys. I loved {choke} Brian Piccolo.

Norm Snead
Bill Armstrong
Brian Piccolo
Billy Ray Barnes
Bill George

Unfortunately it would be turning down $3,200 :(:bang:

we (SU) need to get our heads around this fast, very fast. Given our new AD's multiple mentions of the importance of getting 16-18 year olds to say yes to coming to our university, I am optimistic, but again, this can't be rectified fast enough for my taste.
I imagine that Coyle wants to fix it soon. But there are undoubtedly logistical issues.

Honestly what's an acceptable stipend? What's something we can easily do, that's near the top of the ACC without making it seem to the NCAA that we are way overpaying per the COA?

You can't just raise it for athletics though. The COA impacts financial aid for every single undergraduate student, so it's not about an increase for 400, it's an increase for 13,000. I'd rather see SU lead the push w/BC and USC to cap the COA among the P5, or use a set dollar amount for a stipend so that the increase would only be for athletes.

You can't just raise it for athletics though. The COA impacts financial aid for every single undergraduate student, so it's not about an increase for 400, it's an increase for 13,000. I'd rather see SU lead the push w/BC and USC to cap the COA among the P5, or use a set dollar amount for a stipend so that the increase would only be for athletes.
Oh I am very aware of that. I just don't know how high we can take the stipend within our current COA

Libero2 said:
Oh I am very aware of that. I just don't know how high we can take the stipend within our current COA

It's a dollar for dollar increase. It's a slippery slope COA is very high for SU. A lot of parents look at COA. You don't want to start losing good non athlete students due to further sticker shock.

Full_Rebar said:

Fully agree. Common sense would tell you there needs to be a cap to even the playing field.

Fully agree. Common sense would tell you there needs to be a cap to even the playing field.

Definitely. But the minute you used the term "common sense" that means the NCAA won't agree!

SMH......I just don't understand why syracuse fans are always posting in the negative instead of posting on the positives this great University has to offer recruits. Parents and players read this board all the time.

Stop focusing on things that that are out of our control and let the leaders of the University fight the fight the way they know best.

SMH...I just don't understand why syracuse fans are always posting in the negative instead of posting on the positives this great University has to offer recruits. Parents and players read this board all the time.

Stop focusing on things that that are out of our control and let the leaders of the University fight the fight the way they know best.

We all love SU and agree that it offers a lot. But when our COA is $1600 and another P5 is $6000, that is a tough thing to overcome. That's a lot of cash per year for most families. I think it's ok to talk about. Doesn't mean we are badmouthing our program, it is a national issue and important to talk about

SMH...I just don't understand why syracuse fans are always posting in the negative instead of posting on the positives this great University has to offer recruits. Parents and players read this board all the time.

Unfortunately it's much easier to focus on and discuss the negative stuff.

We all love SU and agree that it offers a lot. But when our COA is $1600 and another P5 is $6000, that is a tough thing to overcome. That's a lot of cash per year for most families. I think it's ok to talk about. Doesn't mean we are badmouthing our program, it is a national issue and important to talk about
That's all well and good. But we have a thread devoted to it. No need to bog down a thread of an incredibly crucial recruit who I have little down is aware of this thread with anything that could be perceived as unnecessarily negative.

Not saying you're doing that specifically, just a good reminder for everyone. Let's keep this thread on topic and talk about how awesome Moe is.

That's all well and good. But we have a thread devoted to it. No need to bog down a thread of an incredibly crucial recruit who I have little down is aware of this thread with anything that could be perceived as unnecessarily negative.

Not saying you're doing that specifically, just a good reminder for everyone. Let's keep this thread on topic and talk about how awesome Moe is.

Good point, I was focusing on the topic at hand as opposed to the specific thread we are in. Ok back to Moe: one week away, let's go!

Maybe the Cuse Twitter Army should just create their own board, so some of us don't have to worry about posting anything but rainbows and sunshine?

I really fail to see why Syracuse fans can't discuss things without people getting their noses twisted about "negativity". Someone can delete this board since it's not about Moe and I'd hate for him to come here hoping to read a bunch of posts from people talking about how awesome he is, and getting stuck in a conversation about COA.

Full_Rebar said:
Maybe the Cuse Twitter Army should just create their own board, so some of us don't have to worry about posting anything but rainbows and sunshine? I really fail to see why Syracuse fans can't discuss things without people getting their noses twisted about "negativity". Someone can delete this board since it's not about Moe and I'd hate for him to come here hoping to read a bunch of posts from people talking about how awesome he is, and getting stuck in a conversation about COA.

Stupid. It's not a closed board - saying it here in an Google indexed forum and expecting a kid to not hear about it is asinine. It's not "sunshine and rainbows" - it's understanding the what you write is likely to be read by the very people who could change the fortunes of the program you say you care about.

If I were to guess it's less about Twitter Army and more about people who don't understand the Internet.

Maybe the Cuse Twitter Army should just create their own board, so some of us don't have to worry about posting anything but rainbows and sunshine?

I really fail to see why Syracuse fans can't discuss things without people getting their noses twisted about "negativity". Someone can delete this board since it's not about Moe and I'd hate for him to come here hoping to read a bunch of posts from people talking about how awesome he is, and getting stuck in a conversation about COA.
Yes, that's exactly what I said.

Go back and read. I said we have an entire thread devoted to COA. So why not keep the positives and negatives of that discussion confined to THAT discussion? I'd have said the same thing if I saw any recruit thread spiral into that conversation. Get over yourself, dude.

Also, my "how awesome Moe is" comment was tongue in cheek. But apparently you didn't pick up on that.

Gonna go ahead and assume that Clawson or whomever else is recruiting against SU is going to bring it up when there's a COA discrepancy. No way he, or any other recruit, is just learning about it on the chance they stumble upon their Syracusefan thread.

BlackKnight76 said:
Gonna go ahead and assume that Clawson or whomever else is recruiting against SU is going to bring it up when there's a COA discrepancy. No way he, or any other recruit, is just learning about it on the chance they stumble upon their Syracusefan thread.

Wait did Neal mention this?

Yo Moe!
If you're reading this just know Cuse fans go Hard for our football team online and in the Dome and we want you in Orange REAL BAD

You can be a Superstar here tearing up that Dome turf with RW and win the freakin' ACC!

This is NY, bro. Being a star here is Next level