Attendance | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Attendance

I'm going up for the Pitt game (didn't realize it was Homecoming or I would have chose a different weekend) and flying down to Raleigh for NCSU even though my friends aren't 100% committed. I might be going alone to that one. So trust me, I'm committed. But I don't blame casual fans for taking a wait-and-see approach.
The only "casual fans" are the students and Alumni. Salt City is there rain or shine, Greg Robinson or Coach Mac.

Macky44 said:
The only "casual fans" are the students and Alumni. Salt City is there rain or shine, Greg Robinson or Coach Mac.

Couldn't agree more. I haven't seen a change in the locals that I know go or those I tailgate with or near. The up and down is students and alumni and out of town fans.

Couldn't agree more. I haven't seen a change in the locals that I know go or those I tailgate with or near. The up and down is students and alumni and out of town fans.

Leaves off all the trees already? ;)

Bayside44 said:
Leaves off all the trees already? ;)

Hasn't even started yet.

If anyone needs a free ticket PM me. You'll have to get them at the fine mess tailgate. I have 8.

3-9 team vs a bad fcs on a friday night isn't going to put fannies in the seats.

When do we play the "guess the attendance by the seats available on Ticketmaster" game? I love that one*.

*Because it's never, ever right.

:)

Bringing 10 folks to the opener, although 3 are under 6 years old. Figured we could do URI since I iuldnt feel bad leaving a bit early. Said the same thing last year against Nova...

i'm actually driving up from bethlehem for the game and going home afterward ---i want to see hunt in person and observe the coaching demeanor.

Time Warner just announced they will carry the game on TV Friday night

Stern said:
Time Warner just announced they will carry the game on TV Friday night

This just made my night. My dad brought me to the Dome as a young guy and I was raised going to games... Tailgating was a family event, cousins uncles aunts... It still is, however dad is 78 and the hill and stairs are just too much these days... Glad to hear he can still watch his team play! I hope everyone enjoys their trip to the dome tomorrow... I know I will ...now even a little more knowing dad will be watching

rrlbees said:

Unless you're friends with 25,000 people who go to SU games, I'd say this is just a poke the bear post.

Can you imagine if the reduction of 15,000 fans between today and late 90s was all students and out of town alumni? We would be better off doing an Oakland A's tarp over the upper deck.

Debating bringing my 3 and 2 yr old boys

Nothing will change unless they win

Wake looked Strong against a weak opponent (like we should) and CMU was respectable and tough

Our history suggests 3-0 is unlikely ... After tonight history may repeat itself

Chip said:
Unless you're friends with 25,000 people who go to SU games, I'd say this is just a poke the bear post. Can you imagine if the reduction of 15,000 fans between today and late 90s was all students and out of town alumni? We would be better off doing an Oakland A's tarp over the upper deck.

"Out of town alumni have never come to games. That's why the attendance decline is their fault!"

#logic

Chip said:
Unless you're friends with 25,000 people who go to SU games, I'd say this is just a poke the bear post. Can you imagine if the reduction of 15,000 fans between today and late 90s was all students and out of town alumni? We would be better off doing an Oakland A's tarp over the upper deck.

Out of towners on this board don't count. They are the few that go. As to the students and alumni all you have to do is look at the student section or the lack of RVs in SU lots. We have no real alumni following.

Scooch said:
"Out of town alumni have never come to games. That's why the attendance decline is their fault!" #logic

Not true at all. Used to be plenty of alumni.

Out of towners on this board don't count. They are the few that go. As to the students and alumni all you have to do is look at the student section or the lack of RVs in SU lots. We have no real alumni following.
Syracuse has NO DOUBT, THE BEST...ALUMNI following of any private university in the Northeastern UNITED STATES playing football.

and is quite possibly in the top 5 for the ENTIRE COUNTRY.

and because of us, the Syracuse ORANGE gets to sport gray and blue on national tv quite often...

KaiserUEO said:
Syracuse has NO DOUBT, THE BEST...ALUMNI following of any private university in the Northeastern UNITED STATES playing football. and is quite possibly in the top 5 for the ENTIRE COUNTRY. and because of us, the Syracuse ORANGE gets to sport gray and blue on national tv quite often...

Basketball road games yes. Home football games, not so much.

But seriously, let's count tickets sold on Ticketmaster. I'm predicting 46K there tomorrow. Maybe a sell out with the walk up.

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom