Bazley Decommits | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that. If Bazley thinks that that is the best route for him to live his dream of getting into the NBA, so be it. Hopefully other HS "stars" will not follow his route, although 1-and-done is not much better for colleges.

Maybe he'll sign with Austin Spurs or come play in Austin and I can go to a game wearing Syracuse orange and boo him. lol.

I disagree that he owes us nothing. He made a commitment to the coaches and the program—almost a year ago— and we stopped recruiting other kids for his position because he signed with us. That shows a lack of character, loyalty and ethics frankly. I guess his decommitment from Ohio State was a harbinger if this.
Well, the Ohio State thing was in the aftermath of the Matta firing so understandable. But this is indefensible.

We have to get a grad transfer ow, if there's one who has 2 years like Cam Johnson did even better. That Dartmouth kid would have been perfect. In the meantime staff should put the full court press on Battle to stay.

Battle is going to do do what he wants. Sanders at Rutgers signed with an agent today. No way Battle stays.

This has no effect on what OB will do. It will be a business decision for him. Just like all of the others. He should test the waters. And he should come back. And I think he will.

I completely agree. And now that there will be less visibility (of scouts, national TV recognition, etc.) because Bazely isn't here, I'm sure that will impact the business decision. I don't think it will be good for the SU side of the ledger unfortunately.

I know we're supposed to be pissed and gnashing our teeth, but this made me choke on my beer laughing. Thanks for that. My nominee for post of the year.

Don’t thank me thank Michiga State fan.

But yeah making jokes is the only thing keeping me from slipping into a vortex of fear and despair.

Quick...name a guy who plays in the G league that didn't play at a major conference school? Can't? Me neither.
Skip ahead to June 2019 NBA draft.
With the 30th pick the Houston Rockets select ... Darius Bazley. Rocket fans: who? Never heard of him.

Maybe he is doing Syracuse a favor. I can see an agent getting in his ear and floating some payment to his family. He decommits from ‘Cuse so there are not any sanctions. Either way it really sucks. Can we take out and ad in the paper begging Tyus and Oshae to stay?

Quick...name a guy who plays in the G league that didn't play at a major conference school? Can't? Me neither.
Skip ahead to June 2019 NBA draft.
With the 30th pick the Houston Rockets select ... Darius Bazley. Rocket fans: who? Never heard of him.

I’m pretty sure BAZley would consider that a win, and sports fans are mostly idiots.

Maybe not to us fans, but there should be a breach of contract with the school. There was a lot of $$$ tied up in that LOI - from a business and economic impact to the school and the community -- if you want to want to get right down to it. You sign with a school that should count for something. The program makes business decisions based on that LOI for fuq's sake.

This absolutely needs to be addressed moving forward. Somehow. The NBA wants to keep their D, G, and Leagues? Fine. But once a player commits to the amateur route there needs to be some time commitment honored going forward or the top programs will have zero roster stability and very little ability to plan for next month, let alone next year. Bottom line - the NBA needs to do something and fast or college hoops is going to become such a hot mess and ratings will plummet.
He owes SU and the NCAA absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, bupkiss!
These kids are literally forced to go to a school while the NCAA vultures and their “amateur system” make BILLIONS, with a B, off of their backs, and they can’t accept a steak dinner w/out being reprimanded?
As an SU fan, this hurts- but as this past season showed once again, we have very capable leadership that will keep us relevant and competitive.
The sky’s not falling, and Bazeley’s made his choice. We’ll be just fine, and i wish the kid all the best. I hope he does start a trend so we can finally deal with the NCAA hypocrisy, once and for all. JMHO

Last edited:
I completely agree. And now that there will be less visibility (of scouts, national TV recognition, etc.) because Bazely isn't here, I'm sure that will impact the business decision. I don't think it will be good for the SU side of the ledger unfortunately.
Bazley's decision will have no effect on OB. I think OB will test the waters and come back.

Battle is going to do do what he wants. Sanders at Rutgers signed with an agent today. No way Battle stays.
I don’t really think they correlate. sanders also declared last year. He wasn’t waiting another year after this year. I believe battle is gone though.

Since Bazley can get into the sneaker game now, y'all gonna cop the new D-Baz Converse Clown Shoes?

IMG_1468.JPG

He owes SU and the NCAA absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, bupkiss!
These kids are literally forced to go to a school while the NCAA vultures and their “amateur system” make BILLIONS, with a B, off of their backs, and they can’t accept a steak dinner w/out being reprimanded.
As an SU fan, this hurts- but as this past season showed once again, we have very capable leadership that will keep us relevant and competitive.
The sky’s not falling, and Bazeley’s made his choice. We’ll be just fine, and i wish the kid all the best. I hope he does start a trend so we can finally deal with the NCAA hypocrisy, once and for all. JMHO

He owes Syracuse nothing?

He signed a legal document with Syracuse University. He shook hands with the coaches and gave his word that he’d play ball at Syracuse.

I guess I should not pay any of my loans because those vultures at the bank already have enough money making BILLIONS off of the working class.

Last edited:
Oshae and Tyus just declare now please...let it all end quick lol
Post like these come from the same type of post that we weren’t going to make the tournament and that we were better off in the national invitation tournament

Frank. Jalen. OB. Marek. Hughes. Sidibe. Chukwu.

We'll be fine.

Marek just went from 20mpg to 35mpg - and we know what that kid can bring

No excuses when we don’t win 25 games then and finish top 4 in the conference? Is that what you’re saying?

He owes Syracuse nothing?

He signed a legal document with Syracuse University. He shook hands with the coaches and gave his word that he’d play ball at Syracuse.

I guess I should not pay any of my loans because those vultures at the bank already have enough money making BILLIONS off of the working class.

I mean giving his word doesn’t mean much. Battle verbaled to UM. Devendorf verballed to MSU. Kids back out of verbal commits all the time. The only difference with an LOI is that the school needs to grant a release to go to another school. But he’s not going to another school.

I'm only on page 5 but there are some really good H0T Takes already. I'm still in disbelief this happened but some of you seem like you're on a ledge.

To be fair, I’m pretty consistent all of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom